HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 4:29 PM
Urban Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mininari View Post
Well, now that Quebec City has their NHL team:
http://cbcnews.ca.breaking.mauvaisoe...to-quebec.html
April Fool's Day!
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 6:04 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubberMiley View Post
But if you mix red and blue together, you get brown.
Purple, actually. Which both the Moose and Coyotes have had on their jerseys at one point or another (you can't actually say THAT about too many teams).

So it fits with what roccerfeller was saying. Tribute to all previous teams involved.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 3:01 AM

Wow so if the coyote's come here I guess Eric Belanger can stay in Phoenix...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=360417

I especially like this part where he proves he knows nothing about our city...

"It's different in Quebec," Belanger told Sun Sports. "They are the same fans, but the economy seems to really be rolling along. The guys that I talk to loved playing in Quebec. You can't go to practice in shorts and t-shirts like I did this morning, but Quebec is attractive. At least there are things to do there."

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 4:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenn View Post

"It's different in Quebec," Belanger told Sun Sports. "They are the same fans, but the economy seems to really be rolling along. The guys that I talk to loved playing in Quebec. You can't go to practice in shorts and t-shirts like I did this morning, but Quebec is attractive. At least there are things to do there."

Reminds me of another "Eric" that refused to play in Quebec city. If [when] we get the team. I hope they trade him, as his heart won't be into playing here. In other words, to hell with him!

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDBO View Post

Reminds me of another "Eric" that refused to play in Quebec city. If [when] we get the team. I hope they trade him, as his heart won't be into playing here. In other words, to hell with him!
He is an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, and therefore doesn't have to resign with the team if he doesn't want to.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 6:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
He is an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, and therefore doesn't have to resign with the team if he doesn't want to.
Good.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 6:28 PM
Youth of a Nation

I don't know if it was previously posted but the Winnipeg Free Press website has a Poll on what the name of the team should be if they come back.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/pol...119087314.html

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 7:47 PM
BANNED

Is CJOB giving John Bartlett a look for next years Winnipeg NHL team, Brian Munz has not done the last couple of Moose broadcasts, Bartlett sounds a bit more professional!

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Is CJOB giving John Bartlett a look for next years Winnipeg NHL team, Brian Munz has not done the last couple of Moose broadcasts, Bartlett sounds a bit more professional!
Interesting. By itself, I wouldn't think anything of it, but with all the other puzzle pieces now in place, it makes sense.

So, we're pretty much at the "insert NHL team here" phase with everything... and now we're onto fine (but important) details such as who the voice of the NHL will be.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2011, 1:40 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:

I wouldn't get to bent out of shape over this comment. He is from Quebec, what would you expect him to say?

And for being upset that there doesn't seem to be a huge ground swell of enthusiasm from the current Phoenix players about the prospect of playing next winter in Winnipeg......ask your selves....if you were making millions of dollars, lived in a large city with lots of attractions, all four pro sports, high profile college sports, world class golf courses, beautiful weather (year round), how would you feel about moving to a small, isolated Canadian city with terribly cold winters.

If i didn't live here, i know that i wouldn't be overly excited about moving here either from Phoenix. We all know that after a month or two they will learn to love the city and it's fans (they will be amazed that they will actually have fans)....all peggers know this.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Apr 4, 2011, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
I wouldn't get to bent out of shape over this comment. He is from Quebec, what would you expect him to say?

And for being upset that there doesn't seem to be a huge ground swell of enthusiasm from the current Phoenix players about the prospect of playing next winter in Winnipeg......ask your selves....if you were making millions of dollars, lived in a large city with lots of attractions, all four pro sports, high profile college sports, world class golf courses, beautiful weather (year round), how would you feel about moving to a small, isolated Canadian city with terribly cold winters.

If i didn't live here, i know that i wouldn't be overly excited about moving here either from Phoenix. We all know that after a month or two they will learn to love the city and it's fans (they will be amazed that they will actually have fans)....all peggers know this.
Like.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2011, 5:53 PM

Belanger

Quote:

He, along with anyone on the Coyotes, or any athlete on any team in any city, is perfectly allowed to tell their preferences. I think what is bothersome about his comments is his condescending words towards the peg... sure, he likes Quebec city but it doesn't mean there isn't anything to do in Winnipeg, or that those things he personally dislikes are what caused the team to leave in the first place.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2011, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post

I hear ya. I just wasn't wasn't impressed by some of the things he said...like how Winnipeg is too cold. Quebec is pretty damn cold in winter too. And that Quebec is different because the economy is good...I'm pretty sure the economy here is doing great too but I guess he doesn't know that...

I understand that he's entitled to his opinion but the guy just has no tact...

Old Posted Apr 5, 2011, 12:30 AM
Closed account

Word on the street is that a heafty transaction between the NHL and the Bank of Canada occured today. Take it for what it's worth.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2011, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
Word on the street is that a heafty transaction between the NHL and the Bank of Canada occured today. Take it for what it's worth.
SO does this mean the Yotes have been sold to Hulsizer. Why hasn't this been made official yet...unless another party bought the team.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2011, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of 49 View Post
SO does this mean the Yotes have been sold to Hulsizer. Why hasn't this been made official yet...unless another party bought the team.
First of all, Hulsizer would have nothing to do with the Bank of Canada.
Second of all, it's a rumour.
Third, there wouldn't have been a transaction between the Bank of Canada and the NHL...

Old Posted Apr 5, 2011, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
First of all, Hulsizer would have nothing to do with the Bank of Canada.
Second of all, it's a rumour.
Third, there wouldn't have been a transaction between the Bank of Canada and the NHL...
Not to mention that the Bank of Canada is not a commercial / retail bank either!
The Bank of Canada sets monetary policy (e.g. interest rates), prints money, etc.
Unless you meant the "Royal Bank of Canada" which is a commercial / retail bank.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2011, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Not to mention that the Bank of Canada is not a commercial / retail bank either!
The Bank of Canada sets monetary policy (e.g. interest rates), prints money, etc.
Unless you meant the "Royal Bank of Canada" which is a commercial / retail bank.
Exactly. It would be like saying, "the US Federal Reserve and NHL are making a transaction today"...

Old Posted Apr 5, 2011, 3:40 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

thing is any money leaving the country would have to go through bank of canada no? speacialy sums like that

Old Posted Apr 5, 2011, 3:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
thing is any money leaving the country would have to go through bank of canada no? speacialy sums like that
No, it wouldn't.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan