HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One57 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 11, 2012, 6:06 PM
Khurram Parvaz

This building is not about how the interior looks. What sells this building is a thousand footer with excellent (perhaps) the best view of Central Park in the city.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2012, 6:09 PM
Khurram Parvaz

Carnegie 57 cam

WOW I got scared LAST month, when this building didn't rise for close to 4 weeks. BUT now we're back on track. It was just THREE days ago it jumped, and now another floor is starting three days later. So the progress is now TWO floors every THREE days.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2012, 8:59 PM
Khurram Parvaz

flipside2

Carnegie 57 will own this picture

Old Posted Feb 11, 2012, 9:37 PM
Khurram Parvaz

NY Times

For Sellers, High End Is Hot

Quote:
.....The condos that have opened in the last few years often have larger apartments and fewer units. They are aimed squarely at the rich, perhaps none more so than the new Extell development at 157th West 57th Street, called One57. When it opens next year, it will be the city’s tallest residential building, at 90 stories, and the most expensive, with the cheapest unit reportedly at $7 million. Fewer than 100 residences will be available. When the banker Sanford I. Weill sold an apartment at 15 Central Park West late last year with an asking price of $88 million — more than $13,000 per square foot — real estate executives said the deal signaled another leap in the kinds of prices that are possible. Mr. Weill very likely doubled his 2007 investment of $43,687,751.

The impact was immediate. For instance the reported asking price for the penthouse at One57, first set at $90 million, soon neared $115 million. Still, at $7,000 per square foot, a certain kind of shopper might consider it a bargain.

“Even if you are spending $40 million, it is comforting to know that there are other people spending that kind of money as well,” said Kelly Kennedy Mack, the president of the Corcoran Sunshine Marketing Group, who has been a consultant to top-selling Manhattan developments including One57. ”

I think it's also fair to remind everyone where this building was exactly a YEAR ago.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2012, 9:55 PM
Khurram Parvaz

Wow looks like it's just me and me only today.

WNY

February 11, 2012

Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 3:21 AM
Khurram Parvaz

Carnegie 57 cam

What a sad miserable day in the Carnegie 57 thread.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 3:45 AM
Khurram Parvaz

onesevenone

Crane sticking out (spot it).

Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 5:40 PM

Since The Big apple is the only one whose posted on this page yet, i guess will. Are those glass pictures you posted updated, cause it looks like no new glass has gone up, i would've thought they would have gotten to the setback by now. And I don't really see an issue with the inside of the building, it looks nice to me.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG APPLE View Post
flipside2

Carnegie 57 will own this picture

Until 432 Park is completed, then it will own that picture..

Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNest View Post
Until 432 Park is completed, then it will own that picture..
And even 432 Park won't own it for long considering all the other projects that will rise like 15 Penn, Manhattan West, 225 W57th (getting at least partly blocked by One57) and Hudson Yards, all of which will balnce the skyline.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 8:05 PM

^ I think we can all agree that this part of Manhattan will look almost unrecognizable in 10 years. But will still retain its older look. This building marks the beginning of new supertalls rising in midtown, a New York building renaissance in a way.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 9:35 PM
them bones

I don't think that interior rendering is of the penthouse. As others have noted, it lacks the double height volume. I thought it might be the family room, but there are only two perimeter columns in that room and this shows the longer facade.

Nonetheless, the developer and designer puts together conceptual packages for the penthouse and such for sales purposes, but the simple reality is that whoever comes in and buys it (especially at that price) will bring in their own designer to customize the unit to the owner's liking. The penthouse will likely be kept unfinished until sold. No sense in spending $700/sf on finishes if somebody is going to come in and rip it all out.

The exact amount of customization depends entirely on when the unit is purchased. For instance, Candy Spelling's penthouse at The Century in LA (a mere $40M) was bought while the building was still being built and was altered to accommodate what she wanted (among other things...a small pool).

Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 10:29 PM
Khurram Parvaz

Carnegie 57 cam

Construction is speeding up

Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 10:34 PM
World Machine

The impact on the skyline is now undeniable - those who are unfamiliar with this project will be stunned to see the finished product.

The occupants of the Metropolitan on the other hand are probably pulling their hair out.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2012, 12:34 AM
Khurram Parvaz

Actually the Metropolitan residents have a view facing NE. The building that's more affected in my eyes, is the Carnegie Hall Tower. But yeah alot of hair pulling going on a few hundred feet over Carnegie Hall.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2012, 1:20 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG APPLE View Post
Actually the Metropolitan residents have a view facing NE. The building that's more affected in my eyes, is the Carnegie Hall Tower. But yeah alot of hair pulling going on a few hundred feet over Carnegie Hall.
Yes, but that WAS what made the Metropolitan Tower amazing was its views of Central Park.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2012, 1:09 PM
Khurram Parvaz

Old Posted Feb 13, 2012, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
The impact on the skyline is now undeniable - those who are unfamiliar with this project will be stunned to see the finished product.

The occupants of the Metropolitan on the other hand are probably pulling their hair out.
That was my exact thought when I first saw plans for this tower. If I loved there I'd be pretty angry about now!

Old Posted Feb 13, 2012, 2:46 PM
Ex Houstonian

Oh well, they're going to have to deal with it and most likely the people that own these ridiculously expensive condos or whatever probably don't live there half the time and just use it as property they own and could sell.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2012, 3:07 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNest View Post
That was my exact thought when I first saw plans for this tower. If I loved there I'd be pretty angry about now!
Angry love.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive