HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
I also read that the Aquarium is landscaping the area around it with all the red brick and palm trees. Following the renovation, they did relandscape the front entrance with lots more greenery, trees, and art, but it ended at a certain point. I am glad to see them extend/complete it.

The landscaping in the aquarium area, the renovation of Spanish Plaza, the improvements and new landscaping at the foot of Canal Street, the new ferry terminal, Crescent Park, and this new contiguous park will transform our riverfront significantly. It's truly exciting!
yea I tried linking the story last week but got paywalled by the other website, think they said its a $5mil renovation

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:44 PM

Grants awarded for NSA redevelopment, Touro-Shakespeare home, affordable housing in Marrero Commons, others:

https://www.nola.com/news/business/b...e=featured-top

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickapedia View Post
thats a really good point. I do wish that at some point those surface parking lots behind the westin along N peters could get redeveloped. Even if it was parking garages with ground floor retail and more hotels it would be better than those lots. I know its a pipe dream because those lots are money making machines but still would be nice.
Agreed. At least those few buildings dotting the parking lots have gotten renovations, but they really could be so much more.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
Grants awarded for NSA redevelopment, Touro-Shakespeare home, affordable housing in Marrero Commons, others:

https://www.nola.com/news/business/b...e=featured-top
This is pretty huge. Just that old Navy facility in the Bywater and the housing in the River District will combine for some big changes, but then these other projects in the area are going to be good too!

For reference, here's the NSA project:

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:51 PM

Yeah this is a big deal. I was kind of wondering about needing a thousand parking spaces but I guess ultimately it will be that big of a project.
Edit: or I guess that's just the size of the parking garage. And I probably should have mentioned the River District part.Got a little overexcited

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations