HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 22, 2015, 5:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskE30 View Post
Is it just me or are they currently back filling hole left behind the old Plains Hotel foundation?
The good thing is they never moved any of the other equipment off the site, the strange thing is they never put up any construction site hoarding ,if they serious that should of been put up already

Old Posted Dec 22, 2015, 3:35 PM

On the cam it shows them hauling truck loads full of dirt filling in the hole , it does not make any sense , there up to no good again

Old Posted Dec 22, 2015, 4:40 PM

Backfilling the hole... They removed all the garbage, did some test caissons and maybe a bit of shoring. And filled her in.. That doesn't sound good given the track record.

Hopefully the equipment doesn't disappear next week when everyones on holidays.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2015, 4:54 PM

"Capital Pointe Regina
December 18 at 5:35pm ·

The small flags in this picture are the survey markers for the location for piling along the west side, parallel to Albert Street. The hole on the left will be back-filled over the holidays to support the last remaining wall of the old Plains Hotel. Then the excavation will begin again once the piles are installed."

"Capital Pointe Regina added 6 new photos.
December 18 at 4:16pm ·

Things are winding down for the holidays at the Capital Pointe construction site. Lots of progress these last couple of months. The Plains Hotel basement has been dug out and pile driving is starting. The cranes will be stopping after today until January 4. The big hole is going to be temporarily filled in to so rigs can sit on there to drive piles. The team here wishes you and yours a very merry Christmas and all the very best for 2016!"

Source:https://www.facebook.com/Capital-Poi...90590/?fref=ts

Old Posted Dec 24, 2015, 10:02 PM

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the original plans call for a few underground parking levels? If they are driving piles in from ground level, how exactly are they going to have underground parking?

Old Posted Dec 24, 2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenovaCapital View Post
"Capital Pointe Regina
December 18 at 5:35pm ·

The small flags in this picture are the survey markers for the location for piling along the west side, parallel to Albert Street. The hole on the left will be back-filled over the holidays to support the last remaining wall of the old Plains Hotel. Then the excavation will begin again once the piles are installed."

"Capital Pointe Regina added 6 new photos.
December 18 at 4:16pm ·

Things are winding down for the holidays at the Capital Pointe construction site. Lots of progress these last couple of months. The Plains Hotel basement has been dug out and pile driving is starting. The cranes will be stopping after today until January 4. The big hole is going to be temporarily filled in to so rigs can sit on there to drive piles. The team here wishes you and yours a very merry Christmas and all the very best for 2016!"

Source:https://www.facebook.com/Capital-Poi...90590/?fref=ts
Thank you good luck and Merry Christmas

Old Posted Dec 25, 2015, 5:17 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the original plans call for a few underground parking levels? If they are driving piles in from ground level, how exactly are they going to have underground parking?
Plans call for 4 or 5 levels I think. They're going quite deep with the piles, and they have to be put in at ground level at the edges of the property before digging happens, because if they didnt, the road would collapse into the site and the buildings next door could shift and possibly collapse a bit as well.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2015, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
The piles that they are driving are to support the shoring, otherwise the sides of the hole would cave in on them as they dig.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2015, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
the road would collapse
Well this is Regina.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2015, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Plans call for 4 or 5 levels I think. They're going quite deep with the piles, and they have to be put in at ground level at the edges of the property before digging happens, because if they didnt, the road would collapse into the site and the buildings next door could shift and possibly collapse a bit as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanregina View Post
The piles that they are driving are to support the shoring, otherwise the sides of the hole would cave in on them as they dig.
thanks guys, i'm a complete NEWB when it comes to construction, i just come here for the updates to city planning and such... thanks again for the information

Old Posted Jan 4, 2016, 3:44 PM

Crews appear to be back on site as per the webcam. Looks like the drilling rig is back up and running.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2016, 2:14 AM

Capital Pointe uploaded and posted 6 hours ago
Happy 2016! #weareback. After a long winter's nap, crew is arriving back. #yqr #reginadowntown #smartluxury
Video Link

Capital Pointe Youtube

Old Posted Jan 9, 2016, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenovaCapital View Post
This camera is a blessing , there is a lot equipment on site and a lot of work going on , could the tower reach thirty stories

Old Posted Jan 10, 2016, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
This camera is a blessing , there is a lot equipment on site and a lot of work going on , could the tower reach thirty stories
I hope it will end up on being 30 storeys for 26 floors is seeming rather dated now. Maybe, during construction, there will be an application for an increase in height.

Other buildings in Regina have 'grown' in height years/decades after completion. If there is a potential need/desire to increase the height, they might as well do it while things are already in motion.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2016, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
I hope it will end up on being 30 storeys for 26 floors is seeming rather dated now. Maybe, during construction, there will be an application for an increase in height.

Other buildings in Regina have 'grown' in height years/decades after completion. If there is a potential need/desire to increase the height, they might as well do it while things are already in motion.
30 stories for sure would be a nice and having basically 10 stories about any other tallest in Regina would definitely look nice in the skyline.

I wonder what the Gardens and Rose developer and the Centre Square Place developer have planned as their next building development. I wonder if they have property owned in the same area around Broad Street for more towers?

Also I am guessing once Agriculture Place is fully complete, Harvard will then focus on the Lakeshore redevelopment? Does anyone think Tower IV would be the next project downtown for Harvard afterwards?

Old Posted Jan 10, 2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:

Considering the continuing difficulty the project has faced it would seem unlikely they would add on extra area, as nice as that would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
I wonder what the Gardens and Rose developer and the Centre Square Place developer have planned as their next building development. I wonder if they have property owned in the same area around Broad Street for more towers?

Also I am guessing once Agriculture Place is fully complete, Harvard will then focus on the Lakeshore redevelopment? Does anyone think Tower IV would be the next project downtown for Harvard afterwards?
My guess that that the developers of the Gardens and Centre square are going to be very measured in their next moves. The condo market is very soft today and there are many units still available in both projects. Additionally the main floor commercial units have had difficulty filling as well.

Agriculture Place is, for all intents and purposes done. It would be really great if the Lakeshore development went forward. It would be a great location and a high quality development. Unfortunately, as above, the condo market is soft and additionally these would be luxury condos which have even less of a market. I hope I'm wrong, but I would guess that it will be a few years before they think about reviving that project.

Aside from their residential and retail subdivisions, the next likely project Harvard might have an option for is the SGI head office. Once the provincial election happens we'll know if they're going to try for that again. If Harvard loses that proposal to Brandt/Marquart (which would be a definite possibility) then there is a possibilty there will be a long time without a new tower.

People should realize that the office market is entering a period that looks a lot like the 1990s. If the commodity market doesn't make big jump there will be very little impetuous to construct new office towers. (For example there is the equivalent of two Tower III's of vacancy in Regina right now.)

Old Posted Jan 11, 2016, 12:12 AM

Well, when oil goes back up - and Nutley is re-elected - we'd have to start digging! Lol!

That would be great for us; however, not likely. BDishonest's assessment seems most realistic.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
30 stories for sure would be a nice and having basically 10 stories about any other tallest in Regina would definitely look nice in the skyline.

The Tower IV site (where the Novia used to be) hopefully will be next. The last I heard is that the lawyers next door don't want to sell. ( . . unless the $$$ offer is very high - of course. Hopefully it will be taller with the same angle motif.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2016, 12:43 AM

Quote:
The Tower IV site (where the Novia used to be) hopefully will be next. The last I heard is that the lawyers next door don't want to sell. ( . . unless the $$$ offer is very high - of course. Hopefully it will be taller with the same angle motif.
The building is owned by our current Lieutenant Governor and she probably has no reason to sell. But everything's for sale with the right incentive.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2016, 3:58 AM

Quote:

The Queen city has done amazing during the hurried boom all the new towers ,, in a few years with the new redeveloped rail and old stadium lands the city will be the show case of the province

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan