HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jun 27, 2023, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxsg34 View Post
Alder.9 at 715 SE 9th Ave was Approved to Issue yesterday. It's been under review since November 2018.
Crane is up at this site.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2023, 8:17 PM

Permits were recently issued for the the Francis + Clare Place Apartments at 380 SE 11th Ave:

Quote:
Francis + Clare Place - new 61 Unit, 4-story Type VA construction of 61 units of permanent supportive housing w. resident support services and amenities. **w. 22-209233-MT, 22-209837-CO demo of 330 SE 11th, 22-209804-CO demo of 311 SE 12th**

Old Posted Jun 30, 2023, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Request for Response for YBP Ankeny (the "L" site at 1122 SE Ankeny).
Permits under review for 1122 SE Ankeny St, although apparently not for YBP Ankeny...

Quote:
New emergency shelter per HB2006. The shelter/transitional housing facility will provide sleeping, restroom and support services to approximately 129 guests/clients. (w/ 23 057260 MT)6/29/23 bretth - at request of applicant project has been placed on hold due to funding issues and design changes.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2023, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Permits under review for 1122 SE Ankeny St, although apparently not for YBP Ankeny...
We call for more shelter beds but then projects like this get put on hold because they still get hindered by funding shortfalls. They need to figure this stuff out so our city can clean up.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2023, 6:50 PM

Old Posted Sep 6, 2023, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Portland Music Promoters Dread the City’s Big Plans for a Live Nation Invasion
Portland remains the only large American city without a Live Nation venue, for now.

At first glance, it looks like a great deal for a town that needs a jump-start.

A developer would build a new music venue seating almost 4,000. Building the ballroom would create 411 jobs paying out $35 million in wages. Once it’s complete, the owners would pay almost $600,000 in property taxes each year. Hotels, still hurting from the pandemic, would fill 5,000 rooms a year with those about to rock.

All of this would happen on a piece of vacant land on Southeast Water Avenue, just north of the Hawthorne Bridge, bringing more life to a neighborhood beset by blight. Best of all, maybe, when Wilco plays Bend, they might not skip Portland.

All of this is described in a draft study commissioned by Prosper Portland, the city’s economic development agency, which owns the land and is pushing the project. The developer is Beam Development. The builder is Colas Construction. Both are local, and Colas is Black-owned.

“As outlined in this report, the proposed development is projected to have a range of economic and fiscal impacts in the city of Portland and Multnomah County,” says the study, newly obtained by WW. “The impacts include new employment, payroll, spending with vendors on construction and operations, new tax revenue, and indirect and induced economic activity.”

So what’s the problem? Two words: Live Nation.
...continues at Willamette Week.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Sep 6, 2023, 9:02 PM
Mostly Up To Code

Quote:
...continues at Willamette Week.
Live Nation sucks, but a venue of that size in that location without (if the article is correct, this seems contentious?) the use of any taxpayer money would be a massive win imho.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2023, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOverPun View Post
Live Nation sucks, but a venue of that size in that location without (if the article is correct, this seems contentious?) the use of any taxpayer money would be a massive win imho.
I completely agree. While LiveNation has it's issues, there is no doubt this would be a huge win for that nieghborhood area as well a great venue to bring more music to Portland that would normally skip over us for venues like Hayden Homes, RV Inn Style Resorts Amphitheater, or The Gorge Amphitheater.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2023, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Notice of a Pre-Application Conference for the conversion of the proposed Flatworks building at 240 SE Grand Ave into residential.
Appears Flatworks is officially dead..
https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/234-...d-OR/29961284/

Old Posted Nov 6, 2023, 5:29 PM

The 1010 SE Ash building (on the same block as the Soho House) will be called Memoir Buckman, one of the first of a planned national brand. Not to be confused with Modera.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2023, 7:11 PM

Does anyone have info as to what the plans are for the old Jolly Roger property near 12th and Hawthorne? Demo looks to be complete but I don't see any info of what the next steps are.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2023, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGlovesRule99 View Post
Does anyone have info as to what the plans are for the old Jolly Roger property near 12th and Hawthorne? Demo looks to be complete but I don't see any info of what the next steps are.
Permits were applied for in late 2021 for a 5-story, 108-unit apartment building designed by McGuirl Architecture. No activity on the permit since March 2022. Appears Central City Concern acquired the property in July of this year, so best guess, the apartment project died awhile ago. No clue what CCC has in store.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2023, 10:03 PM

The Live Nation venue on SE Water Ave appears to be moving forward; Beam Development have submitted the project for a Type III Conditional Use Review.

Quote:
Conditional Use Review and Adjustments for new concert venue. Adjustments are requested to 33.266.200.B.1. (number of short-term bike parking spaces provided permanently on the site), 33.266.310.C.2.c. (number of Standard A loading spaces located entirely on the site) and 33.510.243.B.1. (ecoroof coverage).
https://www.portlandmaps.com/detail/...U/4998070_did/

Old Posted Dec 29, 2023, 4:04 AM

Quote:
The Live Nation venue on SE Water Ave appears to be moving forward; Beam Development have submitted the project for a Type III Conditional Use Review.

https://www.portlandmaps.com/detail/...U/4998070_did/
I was excited about the "workshop blocks" filling up these ODOT lots several years, but given the pandemic, it's no wonder those ideas go shelved. It'll be interesting to see how this project pans out. I suppose the adjacent blocks serve as interim parking lots for the venue?

Old Posted Dec 29, 2023, 6:42 AM
BANNED

Hey Mac whatever happened to this project?

https://bridgetownbites.com/2023/03/...rtland-oregon/

It says it was suppose to open this past summer. Is it cancelled?

Old Posted Dec 29, 2023, 8:12 AM

They applied for a building permit for the bar in August and it looks like it’s about ready to issue so it seems to be moving forward.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2023, 3:54 PM

Quote:
I was excited about the "workshop blocks" filling up these ODOT lots several years, but given the pandemic, it's no wonder those ideas go shelved. It'll be interesting to see how this project pans out. I suppose the adjacent blocks serve as interim parking lots for the venue?
What happened to that (sanctioned?) homeless village that was on these lots? That looked like a good idea: mini shelters, services, security. Who ran that, and where did it go the last year+ or so? I assume it was sanctioned somehow, given the consistency between the shelters.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2023, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPDX View Post
What happened to that (sanctioned?) homeless village that was on these lots? That looked like a good idea: mini shelters, services, security. Who ran that, and where did it go the last year+ or so? I assume it was sanctioned somehow, given the consistency between the shelters.
It was the Queer Affinity Village which relocated to 2185 SW Naito to free up the blocks for redevelopment.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2023, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
It was the Queer Affinity Village which relocated to 2185 SW Naito to free up the blocks for redevelopment.
Ah ok. Thanks.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2024, 6:13 PM

Has anyone seen any renderings of what this new Live Nation venue will look like?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland