HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 4, 2024, 2:44 PM

the new Chic-Fil-A at airline and severn is training right now, should be open very soon

Zavier is not messing around, building going up quick

opp still has pile drivers and other machinery under the cranes but no visual progress yet

if you lose your bike, a good start would be on side the Poydras off ramp to Claiborne, 2 guys had about 60 bikes when I passed and they were in the process of stripping them

looks like they are starting sidewalk repairs in prep for the superbowl, few spots started on Poydras neat the dome, Lasalle st was completely ripped up

TVs installed, one step closer to opening another spot at Caesars, the canal st outdoor smoking section

Old Posted May 4, 2024, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1 View Post
I no longer live in NO, and I haven't found any information online. Does anyone know the status of the old Kolb's Restaurant on St. Charles near Canal?

It's a great-looking building in a great location, and I'm surprised that as of several years ago, it was still vacant.

I'm too young to have ever gone there or at least to have remembered going there but looks like the address was 125 St Charles. So the building's address is 121-25. The latest thing I found is some violations from 2023. https://onestopapp.nola.gov/SummaryC...dent&id=292523. Can't find any building permits or anything but I'm not that familiar with that site

Old Posted May 4, 2024, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAslimm View Post
the new Chic-Fil-A at airline and severn is training right now, should be open very soon

Zavier is not messing around, building going up quick

opp still has pile drivers and other machinery under the cranes but no visual progress yet

if you lose your bike, a good start would be on side the Poydras off ramp to Claiborne, 2 guys had about 60 bikes when I passed and they were in the process of stripping them

looks like they are starting sidewalk repairs in prep for the superbowl, few spots started on Poydras neat the dome, Lasalle st was completely ripped up

TVs installed, one step closer to opening another spot at Caesars, the canal st outdoor smoking section

I can actually hear them driving the pilings at OPP from my place. It's been going on for months now but very sporadically

Old Posted May 4, 2024, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
I can actually hear them driving the pilings at OPP from my place. It's been going on for months now but very sporadically
there is definitely work being done, the few times ive passed, the pile driver has been in different spots, just with the jail wall, we cant see anything yet. not trying to be on the inside for any reason lol

looked at 504 golf, it didnt look like much has been done in the last two weeks

Old Posted May 5, 2024, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
I'm too young to have ever gone there or at least to have remembered going there but looks like the address was 125 St Charles. So the building's address is 121-25. The latest thing I found is some violations from 2023. https://onestopapp.nola.gov/SummaryC...dent&id=292523. Can't find any building permits or anything but I'm not that familiar with that site
Thanks!

A long time ago when I was young, it was a very good German restaurant. While the outside of the building has a typical NO look, the inside was like a Munich beer hall/restaurant.

At that location, it seems like someone would want to fix it and use it for some business. Maybe the building's owner is not selling.

Old Posted May 5, 2024, 2:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1 View Post
Thanks!

A long time ago when I was young, it was a very good German restaurant. While the outside of the building has a typical NO look, the inside was like a Munich beer hall/restaurant.

At that location, it seems like someone would want to fix it and use it for some business. Maybe the building's owner is not selling.
One of my fondest memories is being at a beer garden on the banks of the Danube in New Ulm in 1998 or so. Bratz y'all is the best thing that we have that I know of. But to not veer too off subject the building was sold in 2003 for 4 and 1/2 million and that's the last transaction that's showing on the assessor's website.

Old Posted May 5, 2024, 2:34 AM

Any other pre- Super Bowl improvements going on throughout the city ?

Old Posted May 5, 2024, 3:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Any other pre- Super Bowl improvements going on throughout the city ?
just a few small street/sidewalk repairs at the moment, it "should" ramp up soon, poydras/canal and the quarter is usually what gets done

Old Posted May 5, 2024, 3:25 AM

Quote:
just a few small street/sidewalk repairs at the moment, it "should" ramp up soon, poydras/canal and the quarter is usually what gets done
I hope that plant more trees and fill up the bigger potholes around town.

Old Posted May 5, 2024, 12:53 PM

Quote:
I am so so so intrigued by what we think "ramp up" means? Sidewalk repairs downtown isn't exactly the sexiest topics, but I'm really hoping they lean into it and take advantage of the Superbowl coming and "ramp" it up x10000!

Also, any updates on Trader Joe's on Tulane Ave or the proposed apartments at Canal St and Claiborne?

Old Posted May 5, 2024, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
I am so so so intrigued by what we think "ramp up" means? Sidewalk repairs downtown isn't exactly the sexiest topics, but I'm really hoping they lean into it and take advantage of the Superbowl coming and "ramp" it up x10000!

Also, any updates on Trader Joe's on Tulane Ave or the proposed apartments at Canal St and Claiborne?
ramp up, meaning they will greatly increase the work needed to repair the sidewalks and few streets to beautify it for the Superbowl.

we'll get the superbowl flags on the light poles and some ad banners on the buildings. sure they will have the talk shows and activities in the parking lots along the river again

there are a few roll off dumpsters at the dome by the ramp on Poydras so id assume they are still doing renovations inside

Old Posted May 5, 2024, 10:02 PM

Quote:
ramp up, meaning they will greatly increase the work needed to repair the sidewalks and few streets to beautify it for the Superbowl.

we'll get the superbowl flags on the light poles and some ad banners on the buildings. sure they will have the talk shows and activities in the parking lots along the river again

there are a few roll off dumpsters at the dome by the ramp on Poydras so id assume they are still doing renovations inside
I know I’m in the minority, but I would’ve loved if they had included a partially glassed roof for the Dome. You know to make it even more modern. How’s the Tulane Medical Center renovation coming along?

Old Posted May 6, 2024, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
I know I’m in the minority, but I would’ve loved if they had included a partially glassed roof for the Dome. You know to make it even more modern. How’s the Tulane Medical Center renovation coming along?
Oh, I am 100% in favor of some glass on the Superdome. If done correctly, I think it would really modernize it, but in a way that fits the building. I also would love to see some new landscaping around the Superdome -- too much concrete, especially along Poydras. Some trees would go a long way. Speaking of, Tulane has done some re-landscaping around one of its buildings along Tulane Ave downtown. It looks GREAT and is just the first example of a lot more relandscaping to come.

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
Oh, I am 100% in favor of some glass on the Superdome. If done correctly, I think it would really modernize it, but in a way that fits the building. I also would love to see some new landscaping around the Superdome -- too much concrete, especially along Poydras. Some trees would go a long way. Speaking of, Tulane has done some re-landscaping around one of its buildings along Tulane Ave downtown. It looks GREAT and is just the first example of a lot more relandscaping to come.
A.I. does wonders lol. would cost a fortune and years of work

and I think a article came out today, the Chic-fil-a on airline/severn opens Thursday

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 2:19 PM

A new five-story hotel is coming to Metairie near Interstate 10, Causeway Boulevard

https://www.nola.com/news/jefferson_...rce=featured-3

Developers are planning to break ground in the coming months on a new 106-room, extended stay hotel between Edenborn Avenue and Hessmer Street just north of Interstate 10.

The Jefferson Parish Council on Wednesday signed off on a site plan for the new Home2 Suite by Hilton, which aims to appeal to both business and leisure travelers with affordable and spacious rooms, with some that include kitchens.

Spearheading the project is Pinu Patel, who is part of an ownership group that also developed the Fairfield Inn & Suites on Severn Avenue; Homewood Suites by Hilton on Severn; Residence Inn in Elmwood; Home2 Suites in Kenner; and Hampton Inn on Elysian Fields.

"We still have a need in Jefferson Parish for hotel rooms and this is helping to serve that need," said Stephen Dwyer, a commercial real estate attorney who is representing the developers. "We feel strongly about the business climate in that area."

Dwyer is married to Jefferson Parish At-Large Council member Jennifer Van Vrancken, who recused herself from Wednesday's vote. ...

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 3:25 PM

Tulane University Wilson Center Renovation Phase 2

2950 Ben Weiner Dr
Verges Rome Architects
$2,908,927

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post
https://www.nola.com/news/jefferson_...rce=featured-3

Developers are planning to break ground in the coming months on a new 106-room, extended stay hotel between Edenborn Avenue and Hessmer Street just north of Interstate 10.

The Jefferson Parish Council on Wednesday signed off on a site plan for the new Home2 Suite by Hilton, which aims to appeal to both business and leisure travelers with affordable and spacious rooms, with some that include kitchens.

Spearheading the project is Pinu Patel, who is part of an ownership group that also developed the Fairfield Inn & Suites on Severn Avenue; Homewood Suites by Hilton on Severn; Residence Inn in Elmwood; Home2 Suites in Kenner; and Hampton Inn on Elysian Fields.

"We still have a need in Jefferson Parish for hotel rooms and this is helping to serve that need," said Stephen Dwyer, a commercial real estate attorney who is representing the developers. "We feel strongly about the business climate in that area."

Dwyer is married to Jefferson Parish At-Large Council member Jennifer Van Vrancken, who recused herself from Wednesday's vote. ...

thats not a big lot at all, they shoud have talked to Gray Insurance right there and see if they would sell the Delta Title building next door, they dont utilize that building as they should

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 3:30 PM

Morgan Rae Center for Hope (Children's Hospital)

1140 Calhoun St
EskewDumezRipple Architects, Fidelis Builds LLC
$1,316,528

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 3:38 PM

Bakery/Apartments on Chartres

317 Chartres St
$2,162,200

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 3:45 PM

New 4-Story Apartment Building

1515 Arts St
Renaissance Property Group LLC
$9,576,954

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations