HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 12:01 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I am assuming that everyone is referring to the "fake" stucco (EIFS) which looks cheap and ages poorly. I agree that "real" stucco is durable and can be quite attractive depending on the architecture.
You make a good point.

From my perspective this:

Looks like this:

Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 6:24 PM

They did the cheap stucco at 33 Peachtree place and Viewpoint retail upgrade courtyard. It sucked living in the area because the Styrofoam like product they apply first they scrape and get little balls of Styrofoam everywhere.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 12:01 AM

More Modera Midtown renderings

I sooo wish I could swap out this project's location with some others that don't do nearly as good a job of a) integrating the parking and b) engaging the street level.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 2:54 AM

It's actually not a bad location for retail because there will be a captive audience of several thousand workers and residents within a couple of blocks.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 3:52 AM

Modera

Looking good.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 6:52 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
It's actually not a bad location for retail because there will be a captive audience of several thousand workers and residents within a couple of blocks.
In the restaurant industry, the dinner ticket is 3 X a lunch ticket. Therefore you probably will not be seeing any high-end restaurants.

smArTaLlone, I too wish Modera was located in a more prominent part of Midtown. I really love this project and the one they are doing in Buckhead.
Quote:
I sooo wish I could swap out this project's location with some others....
Video Link

Last edited by Atlanta3000; Dec 4, 2015 at 9:12 AM.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post

In the restaurant industry, the dinner ticket is 3 X a lunch ticket. Therefore you probably will not be seeing any high-end restaurants.

smArTaLlone, I too wish Modera was located in a more prominent part of Midtown. I really love this project and the one they are doing in Buckhead.

Video Link
In WDG's videos there is a video of another new tower I never saw anything about before, It is the building behind the W in Buckhead:

Video Link

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 6:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
In WDG's videos there is a video of another new tower I never saw anything about before, It is the building behind the W in Buckhead:

Video Link
No - that building has been there. I think a company purchased it last year and looks to be adding retail/restaurant space to the front of the building from the video.

3379 Peachtree Road NE

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 7:07 PM

I didn't notice that (it also has more built to it in the back of it in the video where a parking deck is currently at), but actually I mean the building in the video that is here:

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 8:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
I didn't notice that (it also has more built to it in the back of it in the video where a parking deck is currently at), but actually I mean the building in the video that is here:

Good eye G-nuts!

I must say if this was to ever happen, it would be quite a dense development. I moved to my house behind Phipps Plaza about 10 years ago and this area has completely transformed in that short time. When I first moved here, I would never see people walking down Peachtree. Now it is as active as Midtown in terms of pedestrian traffic in my opinion.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
It's not that I'm concerned about the retail. It's that I think it would have a much bigger impact on the Midtown's streetscape if it were on Spring, West Peachtree or Peachtree.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2015, 1:26 AM

Quote:
It's not that I'm concerned about the retail. It's that I think it would have a much bigger impact on the Midtown's streetscape if it were on Spring, West Peachtree or Peachtree.
There are already a lot of developments happening on those streets though. It's good that this kind of thing is spreading east and west too. I don't think the retail will be anything like what is pictured, however... an access road like that will have almost no foot traffic and will probably end up with a dry cleaner or fast food place or something. The retail component of this may never be stellar but the residential units will help feed more retail on Spring, and that's a positive for the entire neighborhood.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2015, 5:36 PM

Old Posted Dec 7, 2015, 5:32 PM

Two more Buckhead village towers proposed

21 stories @ Peachtree and East Shadowlawn Drive, 220 apartments and 5, 700 square feet of retail space - by Wood Partners

http://buckheadview.com/2015/12/04/h...o-trader-joes/

21 stories @ 2965-2975 Peachtree Road, 125-140 apartments and 1,700 square feet of retail space - by Preserve Properties (this is the same site of the Solis Peachtree proposal)

http://buckheadview.com/2015/12/04/2...-on-peachtree/

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Dec 7, 2015 at 10:04 PM.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2015, 5:34 PM

Buckhead Village boom

With two more proposals Buckhead Village has exploded with development in the last few months.

Recently completed, under construction and proposed projects.
  1. Buckhead Atlanta
  2. Broadstone Maple
  3. 475 Buckhead Avenue
  4. Hanover Buckhead
  5. 250 East Paces Ferry
  6. Buckhead Atlanta Phase 2
  7. Modera Buckhead
  8. 2965 Peachtree
  9. Pollack Shores Pharr Road
  10. Alexan Pharr
  11. 359 East Paces Ferry
  12. 371 East Paces Ferry
  13. Gables East Paces Ferry
  14. Peachtree @ East Shadowlane

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Dec 7, 2015 at 5:54 PM.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2015, 7:43 PM
BANNED

Quote:
With two more proposals Buckhead Village has exploded with development in the last few months.
There is actually even more.....

JBL Partners: Paid $30 Million far a 3-acre collection of low-rise commercial buildings on West Paces Ferry Road across from the St. Regis Atlanta hotel and just west of the Buckhead Whole Foods Market.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...ite-plans.html

Alliance Residential Co.:
Is in advanced talks to acquire 61 Irby Avenue in the Buckhead Village — where Henri’s has been located since 1969 — and plans to build an apartment project in its place.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/b...relocated.html

Knox Properties and Redan Group:
To buy the Aaron's headquarters. The mid-rise Aaron's headquarters at 309 East Paces Ferry Road has been a fixture in Buckhead since the 1960s.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...arons-inc.html

Two more...

Edens:
To shutter East Andrews, The Atlanta Improv Comedy Club & Dinner Theatre, Stout Irish Sports Pub, Cellar 56, Czar Ice Bar, Stillhouse Craft Burgers & Moonshine, Burn Social Club, Prohibition, and Sal’s Pizzeria after New Year's Eve.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...se-dec-31.html

Terwilliger Pappas:
Now, the developer has turned its attention to a roughly 4-acre site next to the upscale St. Regis Atlanta hotel. The property, which today includes retail businesses such as Drybar Buckhead and Flywheel Sports, is owned by Easlan Capital of Atlanta Inc. Preliminary discussions about the site have included developing a mixed-used project featuring apartments, retail and even a hotel, according to several commercial real estate leasing and development executives who are active in the Village.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...-buckhead.html

Last edited by Atlanta3000; Dec 7, 2015 at 8:07 PM.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2015, 10:53 PM

Hotel planned for former Rosser International building

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...rnational.html

Quote:
The plan is for the property to become a 175-room, eight-story hotel. The flag for the hotel is still unclear, although it would be an upper midscale brand, such as a Hampton Inn, Home2 Suites by Hilton or Holiday Inn Express.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2015, 10:46 PM

From the Midtown Alliance

http://www.midtownatl.com/about/midt...elopment-recap
Quote:
Currently, 16 active construction projects are underway in Midtown, that will add 4,000+ residential units, 500,000+ SF of office space and 100,000 SF of retail space to the District.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2015, 2:38 PM

New construction planned next to Manuel’s Tavern

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/new-c...-tavern/npkGL/

Quote:
New details about the renovation of Manuel’s Tavern reveal that developer Green Street Properties plans to build a six-story structure in the parking area adjacent to the Poncey-Highland watering hole.

The new building will include parking, retail space and 71 multi-family rental units. Green Street, which bought the 108-year-old building from the Maloof family — but not the business — should finish the construction in 2017.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2015, 3:50 PM

675 N Highland seems to slowly coming along

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta