HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
Yeah. This one. I'm assuming there's been no updates as of today? I'm interested to see how this turns out.
Thanks for your insight here, great contribution.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 7:16 PM

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 9:22 PM

Shit's falling off the plaza again. They're talking about it on Reddit.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
I’m just hoping they get the darn thing started. Are there any piling or construction cranes in the area. This would be the ultimate fumble by the city if they let an opportunity like this slip away.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
Shit's falling off the plaza again. They're talking about it on Reddit.
Just demolish it and start fresh. It’s an eye sore and a major safety hazard at this point.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Just demolish it and start fresh. It’s an eye sore and a major safety hazard at this point.
I know I'm supposedly "one of Jaeger's relatives," but that's not what needs to happen at all.
They need to find a way to get it out of his hands and into the hands of somebody who's actually competent at development.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 4:30 PM

Quote:
I know I'm supposedly "one of Jaeger's relatives," but that's not what needs to happen at all.
They need to find a way to get it out of his hands and into the hands of somebody who's actually competent at development.
That's my opinion on it too. Demolishing it is just going to relegate that stretch of downtown to low- to mid-rise developments or no developments at all. Getting it out of his hands and redeveloped keeps alive the possibility of more skyscraper construction down that stretch. If it goes, there's a pretty high chance of it remaining an empty lot for several years after.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
That's my opinion on it too. Demolishing it is just going to relegate that stretch of downtown to low- to mid-rise developments or no developments at all. Getting it out of his hands and redeveloped keeps alive the possibility of more skyscraper construction down that stretch. If it goes, there's a pretty high chance of it remaining an empty lot for several years after.
I’m surprised the folks at South Market didn’t attempt to buy it from Jaeger. But with them having their plate full with the Charity Redevelopment- I’m guessing that ship has sailed.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
Yeah. Howard Avenue was originally supposed to be The skyscraper Avenue but Poydras took over that role long ago. South market has done some to revitalize that section of downtown but it's still kind of out on the edges.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah. Howard Avenue was originally supposed to be The skyscraper Avenue but Poydras took over that role long ago. South market has done some to revitalize that section of downtown but it's still kind of out on the edges.
Is it even possible to build more office towers in that section of the city ? Or is it too land locked at this point ?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Is it even possible to build more office towers in that section of the city ? Or is it too land locked at this point ?
There's this thing called Google. It has maps. Check it out

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 9:11 PM

Quote:
There's this thing called Google. It has maps. Check it out
I’m sorry .. but I thought this was a place for discussion. But I see that’s no longer encouraged around here. Guess I misread the room. But thanks for the directions.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 9:20 PM

Quote:
I’m sorry .. but I thought this was a place for discussion. But I see that’s no longer encouraged around here. Guess I misread the room. But thanks for the directions.
Glad to help.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 11:00 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
I’m surprised the folks at South Market didn’t attempt to buy it from Jaeger. But with them having their plate full with the Charity Redevelopment- I’m guessing that ship has sailed.
I always thought the same. Seems like the perfect next step for them. I really hope it doesn't get torn down. I'd argue it's our best skyscraper.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 12:20 AM

Looks like the city council is siding with the River district and it’s a green light !
They voted to do the land swap !
And top golf is ready to proceed and go

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco96 View Post
Looks like the city council is siding with the River district and it’s a green light !

Yeah, and they signed a commitment with the city council to build 450 affordable housing units. It'll be interesting to watch the enforcement of that because I suspect the developers are going to try to pull a Harrah's and negotiate everything down after the fact.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 3:49 AM

Quote:
It wasn’t pretty getting there, but from an economic standpoint- it had to get done.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 12:31 PM

Quote:
FORE!

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 1:44 PM

Downtown Covington 'reinvents itself' with $12M hotel expansion, new restaurant with rooftop bar

https://www.nola.com/news/business/h...e=featured-top

25 new hotel rooms, 7 condominiums, a new high-end restaurant and a rooftop bar - all coming to 300 block of New Hampshire St.

Downtown Covington 'reinvents itself' as work begins big hotel expansion, new restaurant and rooftop bar

When Lisa Condrey Ward reopened the dormant Southern Hotel in downtown Covington in 2014, the refurbished building quickly became a draw for locals and tourists alike.

It became a place to enjoy a post-work old fashioned in the lobby bar or a hub for a few days of northshore restaurant and bar hopping.

But reopening the 48-room, circa-1907 hotel didn't just provide much-needed lodging or a nice place to pass a midweek happy hour. It also reinvigorated the whole downtown area, northshore political and tourism officials say.

Now, as the reopened hotel enters its 10th year, it is prepping for a big expansion that Ward pegs in the $11 million to $12 million range. Construction on that expansion, called "Summer House," could begin as soon as next month.

The hotel expansion and another project also expected to begin soon in the 300 block of New Hampshire Street — a building at the site of the old Star Theater that will house a high-end restaurant, rooftop bar and some office space — will provide a shot in the arm for entertainment and tourism in downtown Covington, officials say.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 2:50 PM

Anyone interested in the permit updates/photos I provide, or can I stop posting these?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations