HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco96 View Post
New Orleans falling apart man.

The people so used to nothing lol.

They don’t wanna build nun new ������.

You’ll be surprise at how many big corporations wanna move to New Orleans but the city state leaders don’t care.
*redacted*

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Ok after reading all this crap I realize this is a waste of time . so i’m out . i’ll post on my tumblr from time to time but that’s it .
I don't blame you at all. The pessimism on here is ridiculous, and they don't even realize it.

Don't stop posting on your page though. I check it frequently and appreciate it very much.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 3:53 PM

told y'all! sometimes when faced with opposing viewpoints, people can't take it and flee. Tennis has threatened this multiple times before when someone didn't agree with him. i'll be sure to continue checking his tumblr though for updates on fast food restaurants opening in mandeville.

meanwhile, if anyone wants to check the city permits that Tennis usually cites here, they can be found on the city's OneStopApp site:

https://onestopapp.nola.gov/Dashboard.aspx

and here are the permits issued in february over $1M:
  • 8 Canal St: Continued Harrah's Renovation - Permit # 22-34666-FGAS issued 2/5/2024 by The City of New Orleans, Harrah's New Orleans LLC for $19540000
  • 6500 Magazine St: Audubon Park Maintenance - Permit # 24-02226-ERPR issued 2/2/2024 by Commission Audubon for $9500000
  • 2900 Perdido St: OPP Maintenance - Permit # 24-00263-SERV issued 2/8/2024 by City Of New Orleans for $9300000
  • 727 S Broad St: (Former) NOPD Headquarters Maintenance - Permit # 24-00211-SERV issued 2/14/2024 by Portola at Groves Park, City Of New Orleans for $6300000
  • 727 S Broad St HM1, 727 S Broad St HM2: (Former) NOPD Headquarters Maintenance - Permit # 24-04787-ERPR issued 2/22/2024 by City Of New Orleans for $6000000
  • 1137 Saint Charles Ave: Renovation of Church of The King on St. Charles - Permit # 23-17818-NEWC issued 2/22/2024 by Church of The King Inc for $3950000
  • 929 Howard Ave: Renovation of the old iHeartRadio building on Howard Ave - Permit # 23-32750-RNVS issued 2/15/2024 by New Orleans Property Partners LLC for $2879017
  • 129 Allen Toussaint Blvd -Ste 203: New construction in the empty corner of the strip mall - Permit # 23-34276-NEWC issued 2/28/2024 by RCR Theater Venture LLC, Corchiani Properties LLC for $2166000
  • 4101 S Carrollton Ave: Renovation of Shamrock bar - Permit # 23-31481-RNVN issued 2/9/2024 by 4 Pins Standing LLC for $2000000
  • 4201 Woodland Dr: Renovation of the old St. Luke's campus on the West Bank - Permit # 23-34979-RNVN issued 2/1/2024 by Hermes Health Alliance LLC, Hermes Health Alliance LLC, Girod Reo LLC for $1248000
  • 420 Julia St: Continued renovation of the former Children's Museum building on Julia St - Permit # 23-33410-FGAS issued 2/6/2024 by 420 Julia Property Holder LLC for $1090331
  • 614 Canal St: Renovation inside the JW Marriott - Permit # 23-29911-RNVN issued 2/6/2024 by Gumbo Alley LLC for $1047237
  • 2950 Clio St: New construction on the site of the Muses float den - Permit # 24-01378-NEWC issued 2/29/2024 by Goddesses Inc for $1000000

Last edited by sooperpaz; Mar 21, 2024 at 4:22 PM.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 4:40 PM

Don’t leave tennis - we appreciate all the work you put in the thread.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 4:41 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperpaz View Post
told y'all! sometimes when faced with opposing viewpoints, people can't take it and flee. Tennis has threatened this multiple times before when someone didn't agree with him. i'll be sure to continue checking his tumblr though for updates on fast food restaurants opening in mandeville.

meanwhile, if anyone wants to check the city permits that Tennis usually cites here, they can be found on the city's OneStopApp site:

https://onestopapp.nola.gov/Dashboard.aspx

and here are the permits issued in february over $1M:
  • 8 Canal St: Continued Harrah's Renovation - Permit # 22-34666-FGAS issued 2/5/2024 by The City of New Orleans, Harrah's New Orleans LLC for $19540000
  • 6500 Magazine St: Audubon Park Maintenance - Permit # 24-02226-ERPR issued 2/2/2024 by Commission Audubon for $9500000
  • 2900 Perdido St: OPP Maintenance - Permit # 24-00263-SERV issued 2/8/2024 by City Of New Orleans for $9300000
  • 727 S Broad St: (Former) NOPD Headquarters Maintenance - Permit # 24-00211-SERV issued 2/14/2024 by Portola at Groves Park, City Of New Orleans for $6300000
  • 727 S Broad St HM1, 727 S Broad St HM2: (Former) NOPD Headquarters Maintenance - Permit # 24-04787-ERPR issued 2/22/2024 by City Of New Orleans for $6000000
  • 1137 Saint Charles Ave: Renovation of Church of The King on St. Charles - Permit # 23-17818-NEWC issued 2/22/2024 by Church of The King Inc for $3950000
  • 929 Howard Ave: Renovation of the old iHeartRadio building on Howard Ave - Permit # 23-32750-RNVS issued 2/15/2024 by New Orleans Property Partners LLC for $2879017
  • 129 Allen Toussaint Blvd -Ste 203: New construction in the empty corner of the strip mall - Permit # 23-34276-NEWC issued 2/28/2024 by RCR Theater Venture LLC, Corchiani Properties LLC for $2166000
  • 4101 S Carrollton Ave: Renovation of Shamrock bar - Permit # 23-31481-RNVN issued 2/9/2024 by 4 Pins Standing LLC for $2000000
  • 4201 Woodland Dr: Renovation of the old St. Luke's campus on the West Bank - Permit # 23-34979-RNVN issued 2/1/2024 by Hermes Health Alliance LLC, Hermes Health Alliance LLC, Girod Reo LLC for $1248000
  • 420 Julia St: Continued renovation of the former Children's Museum building on Julia St - Permit # 23-33410-FGAS issued 2/6/2024 by 420 Julia Property Holder LLC for $1090331
  • 614 Canal St: Renovation inside the JW Marriott - Permit # 23-29911-RNVN issued 2/6/2024 by Gumbo Alley LLC for $1047237
  • 2950 Clio St: New construction on the site of the Muses float den - Permit # 24-01378-NEWC issued 2/29/2024 by Goddesses Inc for $1000000
because of your comments i will make my posts on tumblr private as well.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 5:50 PM

what are you gonna do with your life now??

i'll take over posting highlights from the city permit site here, as well as CityBusiness, though i don't have a subscription.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickapedia View Post
For top golf, there is no similar tax break as the shell deal. The RDNI developers are leasing the land from the convention center and then turning around and leasing the land to top golf. It will generate sales tax, employment and property tax from day one.
Thanks for explaining it. If the state/convention center retains ownership of the land, how would it generate property tax? Genuinely curious because I remember reading in a BGR property tax report that who pays property tax is set by state law.

For Top Golf, I read that the developers are leasing the property from the state for $750k/yr and then they are leasing it to Top Golf for $1.5m/yr? Maybe there's a logical explanation for the large difference, but it comes across poorly.

Maybe it's just a big misunderstanding, but then I feel like it's up to the developers and city/state officials to set the record straight and talk openly about the proposal. The way the agreement was signed seems shady even if there were good reasons for doing it the way it was.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 6:22 PM

Conspiracy theory - tennis1400 and sooperpaz are the same person

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 6:30 PM

I don't blame tennis - somehow the vibe of this page suddenly turned into a TigerDroppings forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco96 View Post
Mannnn idc about nun of that !

Lights
Historic neighborhood nothing !!

Build it !!

Lucky it ain’t up to me. I’ll build hotels skyscrapers and a new arena ������������

lol just get some blinds if the lights too bright.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
There was an article in the Times-Picayune maybe 6 years ago about the command center that Shell built at one shell square /Hancock Whitney center to oversee their Gulf operations.. The article made it sound like it was extremely expensive and something that basically guaranteed that they would be staying. If they're moving to River District I assume they're taking it with them which means they could also end up just moving it to Houston. My question is if there are any job guarantees at all or if we're just giving Shell the ability to build a new office for cheap which they might then leave and sublet. I know Louisiana has advantages over Texas when it comes to access to the Gulf oil fields but I'm not sure how much they need the Gulf headquarters to be here.
I believe your correct, the tax breaks that Shell is receiving is normal in places like Atlanta especially since Shell has decided to make New Orleans their Gulf Operations HQ and their lease is coming up soon at Hancock Whitney center which is about 300K sqft of space which they lease. Shell had been searching for a more modern office facility in the city which is difficult currently because we don't have any new / renovated office buildings that have the continuous space Shell needed. The City leaders and Governor were excited about this announcement because it saved 800 Jobs from leaving town to Houston. This move more so keeps them in town for a long long time.

The River district group has also updated the planned office building for the site that was a proposed as having 400K sqft to now they are showing 600k sqft which makes me think that the developers could be building for other companies to come in the market. I do know that recently Bank of America announced that they were looking at expanding into New Orleans and also just read an article about some Big changes to three local banks that will reshape how they are owned. so maybe the additional space is for a new BofA tower?

As for the top golf, I personally respect everyone's ideas and opinion's but I think that the metro can support two golf entertainment venues just not that close to each other. Maybe if it was Proposed as a new addition with the Bayou Phoenix development I think that is a more fitting location. Right at the conjunction of interstate 10 and 510, that way it can be supported by Eastern Nola (Nola East, St.Barnard, Slidell / Lacombe and Ms gulf coast) it would be a win win for everyone tbh.

https://www.nola.com/news/business/r...a4c78.amp.html

https://www.nola.com/news/business/b...e=featured-top

Last edited by Gee32; Mar 21, 2024 at 7:09 PM.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olligator View Post
Thanks for explaining it. If the state/convention center retains ownership of the land, how would it generate property tax? Genuinely curious because I remember reading in a BGR property tax report that who pays property tax is set by state law.

For Top Golf, I read that the developers are leasing the property from the state for $750k/yr and then they are leasing it to Top Golf for $1.5m/yr? Maybe there's a logical explanation for the large difference, but it comes across poorly.

Maybe it's just a big misunderstanding, but then I feel like it's up to the developers and city/state officials to set the record straight and talk openly about the proposal. The way the agreement was signed seems shady even if there were good reasons for doing it the way it was.
The lease from state/convention center is a long term 99yr "capitalized" lease which legally is about as close to selling it as it gets without selling it if that makes sense. So any RDNI development done on any of the sites would pay property tax unless the that site was 100% leased to a non-profit ie Ocshner or someone wanted to building something there or it had a tax abatement which is what the developers are asking for shell building. Not sure about the particulars of the top golf deal but its likely that the 1.5 million includes the real estate taxes plus any infrastructure fees because its probably a triple net lease. So RDNI developers as the holder of the 99yr lease would be the ones receiving the property tax bill from the city, and that amount would be passed along to top golf as part of their rent. RDNI would probably be paying for the jog of malpomene or any utilities and those amortized costs would also be passed through on a lease. Its highly unlikely its just a quick 50% profit margin. That being said there is nothing wrong with RDNI developers making money on the top golf deal, because those proceeds will some way or another wind up funding other phases.

RDNI has published open letters and other things to try to set the record straight, but it typically falls on deaf ears and/or the press misrepresents things through a combo of not understanding the particulars or trying to make the story more juicy. I think its clear that the State wants RDNI to happen. What is less clear is why Morell and Moreno dont want this to happen. Its extremely rare that the council goes against a project that is supported by the council person whos district the project is in. Leslie harris is an RDNI supporter so why are Morrell and Moreno trying to hard to kill this? I have a strong suspicion that the 504 Golf team and its investors are the ones pushing for this opposition. I understand why they would want to kill Top Golf, but part of me thinks that there is enough business in the city between tourists and locals from the broader region for both to work. Either way its not the city's job to play favorites.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 7:12 PM

New Orleans City Council approves land swap deal to relocate City Hall

https://www.nola.com/news/politics/c...e=featured-top

The New Orleans City Council voted Thursday to approve a land swap that will pave the way for the city to replace its aging headquarters on Poydras Street with a new complex on the adjacent Duncan Plaza property.

The unanimous vote allows the city to give up a portion of land it owns near the Caesars Superdome in exchange for a section of Duncan Plaza currently owned by the state.

An agreement to complete the swap still needs to be signed by Mayor LaToya Cantrell and Louisiana Commissioner of Administration Taylor Barras.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post
https://www.nola.com/news/politics/c...e=featured-top

The New Orleans City Council voted Thursday to approve a land swap that will pave the way for the city to replace its aging headquarters on Poydras Street with a new complex on the adjacent Duncan Plaza property.

The unanimous vote allows the city to give up a portion of land it owns near the Caesars Superdome in exchange for a section of Duncan Plaza currently owned by the state.

An agreement to complete the swap still needs to be signed by Mayor LaToya Cantrell and Louisiana Commissioner of Administration Taylor Barras.

Finally that old decrepit shell is getting put out to pasture.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 9:27 PM

Quote:
The lease from state/convention center is a long term 99yr "capitalized" lease which legally is about as close to selling it as it gets without selling it if that makes sense. So any RDNI development done on any of the sites would pay property tax unless the that site was 100% leased to a non-profit ie Ocshner or someone wanted to building something there or it had a tax abatement which is what the developers are asking for shell building. Not sure about the particulars of the top golf deal but its likely that the 1.5 million includes the real estate taxes plus any infrastructure fees because its probably a triple net lease. So RDNI developers as the holder of the 99yr lease would be the ones receiving the property tax bill from the city, and that amount would be passed along to top golf as part of their rent. RDNI would probably be paying for the jog of malpomene or any utilities and those amortized costs would also be passed through on a lease. Its highly unlikely its just a quick 50% profit margin. That being said there is nothing wrong with RDNI developers making money on the top golf deal, because those proceeds will some way or another wind up funding other phases.

RDNI has published open letters and other things to try to set the record straight, but it typically falls on deaf ears and/or the press misrepresents things through a combo of not understanding the particulars or trying to make the story more juicy. I think its clear that the State wants RDNI to happen. What is less clear is why Morell and Moreno dont want this to happen. Its extremely rare that the council goes against a project that is supported by the council person whos district the project is in. Leslie harris is an RDNI supporter so why are Morrell and Moreno trying to hard to kill this? I have a strong suspicion that the 504 Golf team and its investors are the ones pushing for this opposition. I understand why they would want to kill Top Golf, but part of me thinks that there is enough business in the city between tourists and locals from the broader region for both to work. Either way its not the city's job to play favorites.
Both 504 Golf and Top Golf will both thrive (if built). 504 Golf is set up in an amazing location and will have great views, so if they're trying to stop Top Golf and using local officials to push it, that's a weak move.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Either way its not the city's job to play favorites.
I think the city council is just pissed because they felt like they were cut out of the deal. Like they're feeling a need to assert their authority here.

(I found your explanation helpful too and am planning on re-reading it tomorrow so I can absorb it all. I appreciate you taking the time to spell it all out.)

Last edited by Chris from N.O.; Mar 22, 2024 at 9:07 AM.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 11:41 PM

Well since we unfortunately don’t have Tennis anymore; anyone have any updates on the Charity Hospital renovation and Plaza Tower demolition?

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Well since we unfortunately don’t have Tennis anymore; anyone have any updates on the Charity Hospital renovation and Plaza Tower demolition?
just passed plaza today, no changes...just like a slum lord jager is, ignore everything and fight back next time something comes up...and his potential buyer, just talk to extend his fines that he wont pay

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 12:55 PM

Rampart Streetcar Testing

RTA was supposed to start testing the Rampart streetcar this week - it was of course delayed until next week, but the proposed re-opening for the line remains at May 31, 2024.

https://www.wdsu.com/article/rta-set...-line/60264077

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 1:07 PM

What about Charity Hospital ?

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
What about Charity Hospital ?
it's still closed.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations