HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 25, 2024, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco96 View Post
shit how much did the caesers hotel cost ??
the whole property renovation was originally $325 million, when they decided to start work, inflation ect. they are way over budget currently

Old Posted Jan 25, 2024, 5:50 PM

Interesting article about the River District as far as what’s moving forward and what is being placed in limbo. https://www.axios.com/local/new-orle...ers-renderings

Old Posted Jan 26, 2024, 7:25 PM
-

Trader Joes Permit Filed for Construction

2537 Tulane Ave
Description
Construction of a single story shell building for a grocery store to be built-out under separate contact. Work includes loading area, parking and interior drives and walks, perimeter fencing, landscaping, site lighting and signage. Also included is the preparation of a building pad for a future out building on the site. The grocery is to be steel framed with metal stud and CMU consruction, with stucco, masonry and metal panel exterior, and membrane roofing. Shell building will include electrical service to building & interior lighting, HVAC units, plumbing stubbed to building, fire sprinkler system and fire alarm

Old Posted Jan 26, 2024, 7:52 PM
-

Old Posted Jan 26, 2024, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post

Trader Joes Permit Filed for Construction

2537 Tulane Ave
Description
Construction of a single story shell building for a grocery store to be built-out under separate contact. Work includes loading area, parking and interior drives and walks, perimeter fencing, landscaping, site lighting and signage. Also included is the preparation of a building pad for a future out building on the site. The grocery is to be steel framed with metal stud and CMU consruction, with stucco, masonry and metal panel exterior, and membrane roofing. Shell building will include electrical service to building & interior lighting, HVAC units, plumbing stubbed to building, fire sprinkler system and fire alarm
I’m guessing Trader Joe’s is on its way.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2024, 1:27 AM

Any paperwork surface yet on Tulane's planned Newcomb Hall renovation?

https://news.tulane.edu/news/newcomb...l-liberal-arts

Old Posted Jan 28, 2024, 2:18 PM
-

I Love Noods

535 Decatur St (Ref. Code: BS1UNS)
VCC Architectural Review Committee
Description
Interior build-out of restaurant on first floor
Hearing Date: Jan 9 2024 1:00PM

3340 Orleans Ave (Ref. Code: G1V5H1)
NO HDLC
Description
Demolition to grade of a non-contributing, one-story commercial building for construction of a new convenience store building.
Hearing Date: Feb 7 2024 1:30PM

732 Saint Louis Street (Ref. Code: MW1YVP)
BZA Staff Report
Meeting Date: Jan 29 2024 10:00AM
Docket Number: BZA002-24
Type: Variance
Supporting Documents Available: Yes
Description
Request: This request is for a variance from the provisions of Article 10, Section 10.3.A (Table 10-2) of the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance to permit the construction of a bar with insufficient open space ratio.

New Hotel with Bar and Café Coming to Lower Garden District

https://whatnownola.com/2024/01/26/n...rden-district/

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 4:47 PM
-

Dog Park and Restaurant to Open in February in Mid-City

https://www.bizneworleans.com/dog-pa...y-in-mid-city/

Bar and Restaurant Coming to Former Little Gem Saloon
Permits have been filed for a bar and restaurant under the name Head Quarters.

https://whatnownola.com/2024/01/29/b...le-gem-saloon/

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 3:19 AM

News from the river district !

The top golf construction has been delayed because of an on going lawsuit
And I believe they have a meeting tonight with a few businesses

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 11:18 AM

Quote:

Ugh typical New Orleans- always shooting itself in the foot. Guessing the River District is too much progress then what residents are accustomed to and it scares them.* sarcasm*

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 1:48 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Ugh typical New Orleans- always shooting itself in the foot. Guessing the River District is too much progress then what residents are accustomed to and it scares them.* sarcasm*
Seriously, top golf is out of scale for a neighborhood that sits right next to the god damn crescent city connection bwahahhaha.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 1:52 PM
-

Quote:

I dont see anything in that meeting that says its been delayed. and the civil lawsuit has been dismissed against rdni. That said if someone need to be worried it appears its Five O Fore if this accusation can be proven.

River District lawsuit accuses Five O Fore Golf group of trying to derail rival Topgolf project

Civil court filing alleges unfair trade practice

https://www.fox8live.com/2024/01/31/...pgolf-project/

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 2:41 PM

Quote:
I dont see anything in that meeting that says its been delayed. and the civil lawsuit has been dismissed against rdni. That said if someone need to be worried it appears its Five O Fore if this accusation can be proven.

River District lawsuit accuses Five O Fore Golf group of trying to derail rival Topgolf project

Civil court filing alleges unfair trade practice

https://www.fox8live.com/2024/01/31/...pgolf-project/

loos like construction will start soon on top golf.

would this get done by superbowl ?? lol I doubt it.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 3:55 PM

Last edited by sooperpaz; Feb 2, 2024 at 9:34 PM. Reason: error

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperpaz View Post
while i'm excited for the river district (almost anything there is better than the empty fields), i can understand the neighborhood frustration. i used to live a few blocks from the site and was super excited when a mixed-use, live/work/play master plan was provided. since then though, with the addition of top golf, potential soccer stadium, and potential museum, plus the scaling back of the residential and commercial pieces, it feels like the focus has moved entirely to tourism purposes. despite being right next to the expressway, the lower garden district is a very residential, walkable neighborhood with mostly local commercial offerings (on magazine and annunciation). the original renderings had numerous businesses/residences on each block, similar to the surrounding neighborhood. however, top golf, the stadium, and the museum will take up an entire block, most likely with a single entrance on one side and plenty of parking needed. it's totally out of line with that side of the expressway. and i'd imagine the view for half of the Saulet residents will now be a giant net.

again, it's better than nothing, so the neighbors should at least appreciate that. but it does feel like a bait-and-switch, from the original pitch that was an expansion of the LGD/Warehouse District vs the current pitch that is basically an expansion of the Convention Center.
The soccer stadium was supposed to be right next to the interstate, so not sure why that would be bad for residents nearby. It's also not included in the latest rendering.

It's always weird when people say that certain projects are "built for tourists" like residents don't/can't use the stuff. I saw people saying the same thing when the Four Seasons set up shop. You know, you can go to the Four Seasons too. The attractions are for everybody.

Top Golf isn't a "tourist" thing. That's like saying bowling alleys, skating rinks and indoor skydiving venues are for tourists. And it's not like the net is such an eyesore. Not an issue anywhere else in the country. I'd rather see that, than the dirty interstate with homeless people surrounding it, like it is/was. The location makes total sense because it's literally right across the street from a huge convention center.

Build that thing.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 6:02 PM

Uh Oh .. Five O” Fore and Top Golf have started beefing ( east coast vs west coast lol) Seriously though, neither one of them should feel threatened as competition is a good thing and both can co-exist. I think when all is said and done, The River District will consist of two office towers, the Convention Center hotel, the music museum, two residential towers , a shopping complex ,Top Golf, the old Power Plant as a mixed used facility and lots of green space. I don’t see the soccer stadium being built- course things can change.

Last edited by BlueDot; Jan 31, 2024 at 7:46 PM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 6:46 PM

Last edited by sooperpaz; Feb 2, 2024 at 9:33 PM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 11:52 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
The soccer stadium was supposed to be right next to the interstate, so not sure why that would be bad for residents nearby. It's also not included in the latest rendering.

It's always weird when people say that certain projects are "built for tourists" like residents don't/can't use the stuff. I saw people saying the same thing when the Four Seasons set up shop. You know, you can go to the Four Seasons too. The attractions are for everybody.

Top Golf isn't a "tourist" thing. That's like saying bowling alleys, skating rinks and indoor skydiving venues are for tourists. And it's not like the net is such an eyesore. Not an issue anywhere else in the country. I'd rather see that, than the dirty interstate with homeless people surrounding it, like it is/was. The location makes total sense because it's literally right across the street from a huge convention center.

Build that thing.
Just never forget most people are idiots!

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 3:24 AM

Below is the comment I submitted to the River District. If Topgolf was positioned closer to the river it could be akin to Chelsea Pier in New York. Lots of potential if completed with care. Development can be overwhelmingly positive if completed care. I care deeply about this city and want to see both local businesses thrive while welcoming companies from other states. (my comments will likely fall on deaf ears but alas one can try)

Topgolf should consider the massing of the project and positioning it closer to the river.
This parcel was originally planned for residential use during the original proposal from the river district and River District neighborhood investors along with Cypress equities this project has been changed and modified in ways that were not consistent with the original proposal that was presented to the community several years ago however, the components of the project are no issue. It is the massing and the accountability for affordable housing, which needs to be addressed and ensuring that there is a continuous flow from the neighborhood to the more heavy intense commercial areas towards the river, which is consistent with the historical neighborhood development pattern which should continue in the future. The river district neighborhood should consider massing larger buildings towards the river and scaling down, which is consistent with the convention center overlay district, which is approved by the city council specifically for this project, allowing a height limit of 400 feet along the river, which is where Topgolf should move their proposed project, this project would benefit both New Orleans residents and tourist alike along with creating well paying jobs. However, the concerns of the neighborhood should not be overlooked during the process, and it should be a net benefit to the community, rather than compromising for unnecessary reasons simply to accommodate costs, and other factors, which should not be considered when evaluating a neighborhood development project.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Just never forget most people are idiots!
Oh, I know all too well. My profession reminds me every single day. ...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations