HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 28, 2015, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
They actually filed for permits on Yoo peachtree around the time Eviva peachtree filed permits but it stalled out in October 2014

Old Posted Oct 29, 2015, 7:00 PM

AC Hotel Buckhead is progressing toward opening in Spring 2016

Old Posted Oct 29, 2015, 7:25 PM

Alta Midtown rising

Old Posted Oct 29, 2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:

so great to see that long existing parking lot become part of midtown living!
It's really making a difference in the whole look and feel of that area.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2015, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlHeel View Post
so great to see that long existing parking lot become part of midtown living!
It's really making a difference in the whole look and feel of that area.
It really is... that's a lot that desperately needed to be developed. They'll be getting some great tenants too by the sound of it (Dancing Goats at a minimum).

What we need now is a crosswalk for the MARTA station... odd that 10th is so well-equipped but "9th" has nothing at all.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
It really is... that's a lot that desperately needed to be developed. They'll be getting some great tenants too by the sound of it (Dancing Goats at a minimum).

What we need now is a crosswalk for the MARTA station... odd that 10th is so well-equipped but "9th" has nothing at all.
Peachtree Place (what I assume you mean by 9th) is a street that pedestrians technically can cross anywhere along legally because of the stop sign intersection with Cypress, though a crosswalk would be nice right out of the station because it can be dangerous to cross sometimes with buses, and construction causing line of sight problems. Also don't trust any drivers to know peds can cross legally. (I currently cross it every day for my commute)

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Peachtree Place (what I assume you mean by 9th) is a street that pedestrians technically can cross anywhere along legally because of the stop sign intersection with Cypress, though a crosswalk would be nice right out of the station because it can be dangerous to cross sometimes with buses, and construction causing line of sight problems. Also don't trust any drivers to know peds can cross legally. (I currently cross it every day for my commute)
Pedestrians can cross between stop signs but do not have the right-of-way unless there's an intersection or marked crosswalk. Adding a crossing like 10th has would allow them to cross without waiting for traffic to clear. I suspect something will probably be added eventually as dense as the area is getting--at least painting a crosswalk at Cypress if nothing else.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
Pedestrians can cross between stop signs but do not have the right-of-way unless there's an intersection or marked crosswalk. Adding a crossing like 10th has would allow them to cross without waiting for traffic to clear. I suspect something will probably be added eventually as dense as the area is getting--at least painting a crosswalk at Cypress if nothing else.
I actually like it the way it is, minus the current construction blocking the sidewalk on the south side. It's very easy to cross the street anywhere, it's legal, and everyone does it. I've never seen anyone have any problems here... as compared to the marked crosswalks at West Peachtree, where I constantly see cars completely blocking the cross walks or failing to yield to pedestrians with the right of way. Of course, since the new development has its vehicle entrance on Peachtree Place, the increased traffic might make the current situation untenable.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 4:22 PM

It feels like Midtown is taking the next step right now toward reaching its potential as an urban neighborhood but this photo of Tech Square under construction shows just how far it has already come. Metropolis was also under construction which means there was no Viewpoint & Spire , there was only one Mayfair tower, no 12th & Midtown, and no 1180 Peachtree.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 4:40 PM

Wow. Now that I think about it, Midtown urbanized quit a bit last decade. Depending on how much more projects break ground, this decade will probably beat it.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 11:34 PM

Awesome picture! Mid City Lofts isn't even complete yet, and there's no Plaza Midtown in that picture. The changes in Midtown in the last decade are incredible.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 2:59 PM

The Garden Hills office proposal has been redesigned. It's much better but still has some odd architectural elements.

http://buckheadview.com/2015/10/28/b...t-gains-favor/

Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 7:06 PM

Yet another new project in Midtown?

I noticed that JLL, who marketed the site of the AC/Moxy hotel project and the Peachtree @ 3rd project also has 640 Peachtree St listed as "under contract".

https://my.rcm1.com/handler/landing....I1J6Qy-L_mkFhw

Old Posted Nov 2, 2015, 4:05 PM

Quote:
I noticed that JLL, who marketed the site of the AC/Moxy hotel project and the Peachtree @ 3rd project also has 640 Peachtree St listed as "under contract".

https://my.rcm1.com/handler/landing....I1J6Qy-L_mkFhw

Maybe the rumored third Yoo project will go there. Yoo on Ponce? Yoo above Fox?

Old Posted Nov 2, 2015, 11:27 PM

Hard Rock Hotel planned near the Mercedes-Benz Stadium

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...edes-benz.html

Quote:
Hard Rock International will open in spring 2018 a 220-room Hard Rock Hotel Atlanta on Centennial Olympic Park Drive next to Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

The Hard Rock Hotel Atlanta would come to a planned project called Castleberry Park. Atlanta Business Chronicle reported in September 2014 a hotel was part of the mixed-use development.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Nov 3, 2015 at 9:52 PM.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2015, 9:52 PM

Rendering released of Hard Rock Hotel Atlanta

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 3:33 PM

Simon reveals revamped Phipps Plaza facade

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...za-facade.html

Quote:
Simon Property Group has released a new image of the redesigned facade for Buckhead’s upscale Phipps Plaza.

The new looks highlights some of the mall’s top luxury retailers, including Jeffrey, Versace, Tiffany & Co., Giorgio Armani, BOSS Hugo Boss and Bottega Veneta. The brands will have new street-front signage, not separate entrances from Peachtree Road.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 8:03 PM

Quote:
gsoh. it's almost creating street level shopping. ...I really like it. Imo it's about as good as they could do with a mall.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 9:34 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlHeel View Post
gsoh. it's almost creating street level shopping. ...I really like it. Imo it's about as good as they could do with a mall.
AtlHeel, I respectively disagree.

I think this is the most generic facade of any luxury mall I have ever seen. Could they have selected a more generic color palette (is that stucco too?). Additionally, the AC Hotel looks like something you would see next to Hartsfield-Jackson and Domain at Phipps (the apartment complex) looks like something you would see in Atlantic Station. None of these additions say LUXURY or high end. The Buckhead Atlanta development on the other hand nailed it. Architecture, materials and landscape are exquisite.

Personally, I would have added a structure with height to the front entry and a water feature. This is a huge missed opportunity in my opinion.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
AtlHeel, I respectively disagree.

I think this is the most generic facade of any luxury mall I have ever seen. Could they have selected a more generic color palette (is that stucco too?). Additionally, the AC Hotel looks like something you would see next to Hartsfield-Jackson and Domain at Phipps (the apartment complex) looks like something you would see in Atlantic Station. None of these additions say LUXURY or high end. The Buckhead Atlanta development on the other hand nailed it. Architecture, materials and landscape are exquisite.

Personally, I would have added a structure with height to the front entry and a water feature. This is a huge missed opportunity in my opinion.

Will none of the projects you mention are completed yet so it's a little premature to make those judgments. They know its a luxury mall so it's highly unlikely that they will use stucco. I agree with AtlHeel that "for a mall" it looks pretty good. The exterior of a mall can not compare with well done street level retail.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta