HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 5, 2023, 2:41 PM

was in Vegas all week, just got back, stopped in Harrahs, the Canal street entrance is now open. when I said blacktop, its prob stained concrete just looks much darker than the other entrance and renderings, maybe it will lightening up with some time

Emerils is also open with the exception of the outdoor seating. Menu pics as well

just a drive by for outside

Old Posted Nov 5, 2023, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAslimm View Post
was in Vegas all week, just got back, stopped in Harrahs, the Canal street entrance is now open. when I said blacktop, its prob stained concrete just looks much darker than the other entrance and renderings, maybe it will lightening up with some time

Emerils is also open with the exception of the outdoor seating. Menu pics as well

just a drive by for outside

Looks great .. it’s almost like you’re at the actual Ceasar’s Palace in Vegas. Have they started renovations to Spanish Plaza?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2023, 1:43 AM

River district doesn't seem to be at all like it was envisioned at this point. https://www.nola.com/news/business/a...rce=featured-3

Old Posted Nov 6, 2023, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Looks great .. it’s almost like you’re at the actual Ceasar’s Palace in Vegas. Have they started renovations to Spanish Plaza?
much smaller than the real Caesars lol, but huge improvements and its looking good aside from the cut corners we cant see

as for spanish plaza, havent been there since last month, nothing was being done at that time other than an empty enclosed building where crazy lobster was

Old Posted Nov 6, 2023, 4:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
River district doesn't seem to be at all like it was envisioned at this point. https://www.nola.com/news/business/a...rce=featured-3
Geez… it’s always something with these guys. Though if they are reconsidering the soccer stadium, I’d say that’d be the perfect location for a potential new arena for the Pelicans.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2023, 4:30 AM

Quote:
Geez… it’s always something with these guys. Though if they are reconsidering the soccer stadium, I’d say that’d be the perfect location for a potential new arena for the Pelicans.
That's actually a good point. I had forgotten about the push for a new arena.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2023, 5:56 PM
-

I didnt take that article to be much of a negative or anything of the sort. I am def on the fence about the mls stadium there and whether something better can be done with such a prime space. Also as far as live music venues, we already have a plethora of those for a market this size to begin with. Unless its a venue directly connected to the Music Museum I am not sure there a need for another one in the 1000-2500 person capacity range.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2023, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
I didnt take that article to be much of a negative or anything of the sort. I am def on the fence about the mls stadium there and whether something better can be done with such a prime space. Also as far as live music venues, we already have a plethora of those for a market this size to begin with. Unless its a venue directly connected to the Music Museum I am not sure there a need for another one in the 1000-2500 person capacity range.
Agree. And within the article, he said that he wants something "more exciting".

I'm really REALLY hoping that they build a new arena for the Pelicans in the River District. Build the soccer stadium where the current arena sits.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2023, 7:11 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
Agree. And within the article, he said that he wants something "more exciting".

I'm really REALLY hoping that they build a new arena for the Pelicans in the River District. Build the soccer stadium where the current arena sits.
The programming that can be done with an arena is just much better than an MLS stadium. Between concerts and the pelicans thats a very robust schedule and the neighborhood around it could really benefit from that nergy and capture the crowds. Not much can ever really be done where the current smoothie king center is .. its too isolated from the rest of downtown. Plus the convention center itself can use a large indoor arena for certain conventions too

Old Posted Nov 9, 2023, 7:15 PM
-

Ochsner Breaks Ground on Neuroscience Center

https://www.bizneworleans.com/ochsne...ience-center/?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2023, 7:36 PM

Quote:
The programming that can be done with an arena is just much better than an MLS stadium. Between concerts and the pelicans thats a very robust schedule and the neighborhood around it could really benefit from that nergy and capture the crowds. Not much can ever really be done where the current smoothie king center is .. its too isolated from the rest of downtown. Plus the convention center itself can use a large indoor arena for certain conventions too
Agreed .. hopefully that’s the direction they’re headed in. Of course it’s gonna come down to all major players coming together (city leaders, developers and Pelicans ownership) and hammering out an agreement.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2023, 12:02 AM

any updates to the stalled again construction for airline and clearview area along with moundes and west metairie by between clearview and transcontinental...I live near Krispy Kreme and they started back with the new company but havent been working for a while now besides digging something by central and airline

Old Posted Nov 10, 2023, 12:23 PM
-

Quote:
Agreed .. hopefully that’s the direction they’re headed in. Of course it’s gonna come down to all major players coming together (city leaders, developers and Pelicans ownership) and hammering out an agreement.
I dont really see a feasible alternative in the near future if the ownership and state dont pursue this location.. the only other spot that makes sense is the whale lot by the riverwalk... so either one of those could work otherwise its going to stay where it is

Old Posted Nov 10, 2023, 12:25 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAslimm View Post
any updates to the stalled again construction for airline and clearview area along with moundes and west metairie by between clearview and transcontinental...I live near Krispy Kreme and they started back with the new company but havent been working for a while now besides digging something by central and airline
No clue but i feel like read something about a new contractor had to be brought on after dealing with the bonding of the previous contractor that abandoned it. That same contractor abandoned a big road project in st tammany as well that just got restarted.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2023, 3:18 PM

Quote:
I dont really see a feasible alternative in the near future if the ownership and state dont pursue this location.. the only other spot that makes sense is the whale lot by the riverwalk... so either one of those could work otherwise its going to stay where it is
Didn't Omni speak with the Convention Center on possibly building a new Omni on the whale lot?

But, since you brought it up, a new arena in the whale lot would be great as well. Right by the River Walk, convention center, street car lines are close by, Caesars, Fulton Street and a nice 5-10 minute walk close to the French Quarter? That would be great. And it seems there could be enough space for a parking garage. There's also other parking garages nearby.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2023, 3:29 PM
TL;DR

Such a waste to tear down Smoothie King which is only 24 years old.

Having it next to the Superdome allows them to share parking facilities, and the access to expressways is easy and minimizes congestion in the Warehouse/CBD. If you put the arena somewhere else then you are blighting that area with a bunch of new lots and garages, and snarling it with traffic. I would prefer they just keep doing intensive renovations like the Superdome itself to keep up with the joneses on amenities.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2023, 4:21 PM

Quote:
No clue but i feel like read something about a new contractor had to be brought on after dealing with the bonding of the previous contractor that abandoned it. That same contractor abandoned a big road project in st tammany as well that just got restarted.
the original contractor that went under, I heard he bought a million dollar boat right before going under, but they brought the new company in, they were out there for a few weeks, done a little work and since then has stalled a 2nd time

Old Posted Nov 10, 2023, 7:17 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Such a waste to tear down Smoothie King which is only 24 years old.

Having it next to the Superdome allows them to share parking facilities, and the access to expressways is easy and minimizes congestion in the Warehouse/CBD. If you put the arena somewhere else then you are blighting that area with a bunch of new lots and garages, and snarling it with traffic. I would prefer they just keep doing intensive renovations like the Superdome itself to keep up with the joneses on amenities.
I dont know a ton about the issues with the arena but from what I can tell the Superdome was just better designed to accommodate future needs. Smoothie King may have issues with it that just arent feasible to correct to maintain a competitive arena. No doubt an easy renovation would be the chosen path if that were a solution

Old Posted Nov 10, 2023, 7:23 PM
-

1801 Canal St·Renovation (Structural) · Ref Code:EEH35T
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Zach Smith Design & Consulting, LLc
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
11/9/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Rehabilitation of existing building for residential board and care occupancy as per plans.

723 Canal St·HDLC COA · Ref Code:8EB6XU
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Carimi David
Draft Application
Date Filed:
11/10/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Demolish and remove existing 1st story gallery in front of 723, 719, 717, and 711 Canal St

In the CBD, renovation of the historic event venue New Orleans Board of Trade right next to Chophouse is underway. No change in use or enlargement to the area is being proposed. New developments will include adding an elevator, updating finishes, relocating restrooms, relocating a commercial kitchen, and bringing a stair layout up to code compliance. Goals for the renovation are meant to restore and enhance the historic, rich heritage of the venue ensuring that it will stand for future generations to enjoy. Trapolin-Peer Architects servers as designer, while Ryan Gootee General Contractors is handling construction.

Top Permits: Orleans Justice Center Medical Services Building making headway
Noah Loveland, Contributing Writer//November 2, 2023//

twitter
facebook
linkedin
pinterest
email
Listen to this article
Main photo courtesy DepositPhotos.

Noah Loveland
The 80,500-square-foot facility in Mid-City known as the Orleans Justice Medical Services Building has been permitted for a sum of $88,750,000 in construction value. Located at 2900 Perdido St., the project is being spearheaded by Grace Hebert Curtis Architects. The state-of-the-art facility will primarily function as male and female housing for acute mental health inmates. It will include 89 beds in aggregate with separate areas for male and female patients. It also comprises a laundry, a centralized visitation area for attorney and family visits with a public entry point, housing support with counseling rooms and mental health staff work areas. In addition, there is space for an infirmary, clinic and administration area. The structure will be connected via an elevated walkway to the existing OJC structures on either side.

714 Canal Street renovation completion projected by end of year

Cohen reports that IT’Sugar, which has 120 locations nationwide, will occupy ground-floor retail, while a boutique hotel leased by Roami will occupy upper floors.

https://neworleanscitybusiness.com/b...y-end-of-year/

36-22511 Alcohol: Class C-Package Store Beer and Liquor PATRON SAINT LLC PATRON SAINT
1152 MAGAZINE ST STE 101
NEW ORLEANS LA 70130-4243 Active Nov 8, 2023

36-22373 Alcohol: Class A-General Beer and Liquor BOTANICALS 102 LLC MINTED LOUNGE
2401 SAINT CLAUDE AVE
NEW ORLEANS LA 70117-7768 Active Nov 2, 2023

36-22402 Alcohol: Class A-General Beer and Liquor THE WRECK ROOM LLC THE WRECK ROOM
5119 SAINT CLAUDE AVE
NEW ORLEANS LA 70117-3601 Active Nov 4, 2023

36-22325Alcohol: Class A - RestaurantBeer and LiquorROSELLA LLCROSELLA
139 S CORTEZ ST
NEW ORLEANS LA 70119-6118ActiveNov 1, 2023

23-9010
COM-NEW - Commercial New
3190 E CAUSEWAY APPROACH MANDEVILLE LA 70448
April Wane
Kyle Kent

Kent Design Build, inc - Kyle Kent
1875 Highway 59 MandevilleLA70448
Not Issued
10/31/2023
$0.00

2023-3361
7/13/2023
11/2/2023
Parcel 5A3-1
N/A
2252 WATERCROSS PKWY
COVINGTON
New Construction
22'-6"
7S
Commercial

District 1
$5000000.00
CVSCC PROPERTIES, LLC Martin Fischer
2223 Quail Run Dr. Bldg. F
Baton Rouge LA 70808
SPARTAN BUILDING CORP TERRENCE DONAHUE
Office: 9858452555 Mobile:N/A Home:N/A

Lakeside Shopping Center Announces Lululemon Expansion

https://www.bizneworleans.com/lakesi...n-expansion-2/

Old Posted Nov 10, 2023, 7:25 PM
-

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations