HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 24, 2023, 12:37 AM
Closed account

This has been my favourite beer the past few months:

Old Posted Apr 26, 2023, 5:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetmountainland View Post
Interesting facts about going woke and going broke! Now with a cap loss of close to 7 billion dollars. Interesting to see Coors Stock surge!

https://nypost.com/2023/04/17/coors-...-mulvaney-ads/
I don't see AB InBev going broke anytime soon.

The big Canadian banks have rainbow and trans flags at branches and in many of their ads and they definitely won't be going broke.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2023, 1:14 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetmountainland View Post
Interesting facts about going woke and going broke! Now with a cap loss of close to 7 billion dollars. Interesting to see Coors Stock surge!

https://nypost.com/2023/04/17/coors-...-mulvaney-ads/

They have to buy and display fake nuts because they lack the real thing.

Sunspotmountainhead, why do you have to come back and pollute a bunch of threads with your intolerance?

Last edited by MolsonExport; Apr 26, 2023 at 2:31 PM.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 1:53 AM

Location: Another great post taking place from the best place on earth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
I don't see AB InBev going broke anytime soon.

The big Canadian banks have rainbow and trans flags at branches and in many of their ads and they definitely won't be going broke.
They are forced to do what they are told that is why they put the rainbow trans ads in their ads. The companies are all controlled by Blackrock or Vanguard. Both these companies have the stock holdings of the worlds companies. If they do not do what these entities tell them they will destroy them. The world is in a monopoly with these two companies holding the purse strings.

It is just like the government they use your money to fight you so as to take your freedoms away.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 1:56 AM

Location: Another great post taking place from the best place on earth!
Fortunately people the regular folks are fighting back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ajoDHqNTw

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 12:14 PM
sick transit, gloria

Except Bud’s sales weren’t really affected, and the small stock dip (after a significant rally) has recovered. I’m not going to bother with that YouTube video because I’ve actually heard the metrics from actual food and beverage analysts - basically some small localized markets have seen continuing declines (single digit), but overall market sales are flat. It’s a nothingburger, because “regular people” by and large don’t care. If they drank bud light before they still will, and if they didn’t they aren’t going to start.

All this literally over a sponsorship gift to a streamer with 10 million subscribers - something that wasn’t even for sale to the general public. The kind of things companies sponsor all the time.

Blackrock and Vanguard don’t have that kind of influence over AB InBev, one of the largest producers of beverages in the world. Though they are certainly creepy in their own ways. I sometimes think the real conspiracy is somehow the rubes (see above) are convinced to spin their wheels about this kinda stuff. It’s a great distraction.

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 3:14 AM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
In Ontario is costs $26.95 for 12 Moosehead and that's including tax and deposit as prices here have to include those things.

So in Quebec a 12-pack for sale for $19.99 would end up costing $24.18 when tax and deposit are added. A savings of $2.77 compared to the set price in Ontario.

The same thing in New Brunswick, home of Moosehead, costs $29.00
My friend, this weekend I bought my 12 of Moosehead at said MacEwen and it came to $23.58 at the bored employee's till. Advertised as $19.99 (it used to be $18.99 last fall, not sure why they jacked it. Maybe it was because I depleted their stock..)

It has really gone up in the last few years in Quebec.

In 2007 you could get 12 Pabst Blue ribbon for 12 dollars here.. Someone told me that...

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
My friend, this weekend I bought my 12 of Moosehead at said MacEwen and it came to $23.58 at the bored employee's till. Advertised as $19.99 (it used to be $18.99 last fall, not sure why they jacked it. Maybe it was because I depleted their stock..)

In 2007 you could get 12 Pabst Blue ribbon for 12 dollars here.. Someone told me that...
Probably because of the increased Federal tax on alcohol

This is how Canada's alcohol tax hike will impact Ontario

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 4:27 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawrylyshyn View Post
Probably because of the increased Federal tax on alcohol

This is how Canada's alcohol tax hike will impact Ontario
Yeah it went up a buck before the hike... I guess 'in anticipation'.

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 4:51 PM

Quote:

It’s still worth the trip for a 24 at Costco though. They’re usually something like $28 for Heineken, Stella or Corona.

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 5:10 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
It’s still worth the trip for a 24 at Costco though. They’re usually something like $28 for Heineken, Stella or Corona.
I think the Costco in Gatineau had (or has) a 10 case limit of two-fours per year because Ontario restaurant owners (and hard core drinkers) were depleting their stock.

I've seen checkout people yelling for a manager when they see some dude with a pallet of beer.. probably checking their membership card for past purchases. This could easily be subverted by sending a different person with a different membership.

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 5:17 PM

^ 10 cases a year seems like an inordinately small number... is there a shortage over there? You host a couple of parties, a sport team windup or whatever and you might blast through your allotment...

I mean, I get it if someone is running a restaurant and buying a case a day or whatever, but this is far from that kind of scenario.

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 5:18 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
I was there just a few days ago, and was not buying beer, but it seems like the past few times I've been there that Stella has now popped just over 30 bucks for a case of 24, before tax and deposit.

Still a pretty good deal though.

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 5:22 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
I think the Costco in Gatineau had (or has) a 10 case limit of two-fours per year because Ontario restaurant owners (and hard core drinkers) were depleting their stock.

I've seen checkout people yelling for a manager when they see some dude with a pallet of beer.. probably checking their membership card for past purchases. This could easily be subverted by sending a different person with a different membership.
I guess Ontario doesn't check the provenance of beer (and also wine) served in bars and restaurants.

In Quebec they're pretty strict about this (i.e. that it has to have passed through the Régie - a provincial body responsible for that stuff), and the system for checking up is quite elaborate.

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 5:34 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
In Quebec they're pretty strict about this (i.e. that it has to have passed through the Régie - a provincial body responsible for that stuff), and the system for checking up is quite elaborate.
That's why we have gold coloured tops on our coke cans!

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 5:35 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
That's why we have gold coloured tops on our coke cans!
Who says you can't?????? (put Ontario cans in Quebec refund machines)

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 5:39 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ 10 cases a year seems like an inordinately small number... is there a shortage over there? You host a couple of parties, a sport team windup or whatever and you might blast through your allotment...

I mean, I get it if someone is running a restaurant and buying a case a day or whatever, but this is far from that kind of scenario.
It's a real thing. They probably put the measure in place because Ti-guy with his golden chains and muscle shirt in Gatineau complained and he wants to have adequate stock of Heineken.. even though he buys Tremblay from the dep.

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 5:44 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
It's a real thing. They probably put the measure in place because Ti-guy with his golden chains and muscle shirt in Gatineau complained and he wants to have adequate stock of Heineken.. even though he buys Tremblay from the dep.
Wouldn't Ti-Guy from Gatineau with gold chains and a muscle shirt be more likely to drink Coors Light?

Though you're likely right that he buys his beer at the dépanneur since he might not have a Costco card!

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 5:46 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Wouldn't Ti-Guy from Gatineau with gold chains and a muscle shirt be more likely to drink Coors Light?

Though you're likely right that he buys his beer at the dépanneur since he might not have a Costco card!
He certainly will not be drinking Bud Light!

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 5:52 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
He certainly will not be drinking Bud Light!
Good chance Ti-Guy is entirely unaware of the controversy, but if he was... most definitely true.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada