HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 6:08 PM

I don't remember if the masterplan for The Junction has been posted in here or not. This shows the part that Boyer is developing, it does not show the PRI office building, or the Earnshaw and Ashton Square condos.

This image is from the Ogden City website showing the first phase of the Boyer part and the other buidings.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb View Post
There are definitely parts of the project that could have been done differently, I agree with you there. However, it is still a big step in a positive direction for downtown Ogden. Once the construction has finished there will be much better pedestrian access into the block from Washington Blvd.
Agreed. It certainly beats a dirt lot. another one of my biggest criticisms is the old parking garage. I can understand the desire to keep at part of the garage, but imo they kept the wrong part. There was an opportunity to connect the project with what I think is downtowns 2nd greatest asset, Lindquist Field (1st being 25th St./Union Station). Beyond connectivity, I think this also would have shown off the beautiful church that is on that block of the garage, and possibly lead to redevelopment on the other side of that street. Instead, we have two completely separate areas.

I will give credit where credit is due for the city. The effort to attract ski companies is focused and certainly realistic. It is no surprise that it has been successful with the cost of living and cost of employment being so low in Utah/Ogden. Hopefully it can gain a big enough reputation and corporate base so that companies will still consider relocating there when/if these costs rise.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 4:37 AM

YOU GO OGDEN

Hopefully this gets business going in the city, and maybe, 10-15 years from now there will be 1 or 2 new skyscrapers +20 stories in that center. At least one would be good, or you could pull a "Lehi" and just build a new tallest for the state.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 5:16 AM

Developers plan renewal for Ogden River neighborhood

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_7645385

Bingham Cyclery's new location is adjacent to the Ogden River. Ogden City is working closely with a California investor to buy properties within the Ogden River Project. (Leah Hogsten/The Salt Lake Tribune )

OGDEN - A neglected downtown stretch of the Ogden River, its banks littered with chunks of concrete, shopping carts and cars buried long ago for flood control, may finally get some attention.

Last edited by delts145; Dec 6, 2007 at 1:57 PM.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2007, 1:00 PM

RFK Jr. praises Ogden's river revival plan

Restoration important for what advocate calls the city's 'biggest asset'

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_7667493

OGDEN - River advocate Robert F. Kennedy Jr., looking across the Ogden River toward a backyard filled with old trucks and appliances, saw massive slabs of concrete slumping into the swift-flowing waterway.
The river, he said, is an embarrassment. "It has been hammered."

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 2:17 PM
Expatriate

I wish the developers hadn't cut out the residential component -- this could have been a model TOD for Davis County -- but still a good project in a good location.

From the Davis County Clipper:

Ground breaking set for expansive Station Park
Clipper 11.DEC.07
FARMINGTON — Groundbreaking for the sprawling Station Park development in west Farmington could begin as early as this week. “They will have a huge development there, probably close to a million square feet in retail with 15-20 restaurants,” said Farmington Mayor Scott Harbertson of development plans for a 65-acre parcel near Clark Lane and Park Lane.

CenterCal Properties, a retail development company out of California, purchased the acreage from a local developer. The development plan maximizes the exposure of the intersection of Legacy Parkway, I-15, Highway 89, and the new commuter rail station.

Dubbed Station Park after the adjacent commuter rail station, the new development is slated to include approximately 800,000 square feet of retail, entertainment, restaurant, office and hotel space.

The mayor said CenterCal is now in the process of signing leases with restaurant tenants and has approached the city about beer licenses.

“We’ve asked our city attorney to look into options we might have in drafting an ordinance that would accommodate the CenterCal development as well as the county’s need for an event license.”

The City of Farmington has also been approached by Davis County Commissioners looking for a way to allow for the sale of beer at the Davis County Events Center, known to most residents as the fairgrounds.

Harbertson said legal counsel will make recommendations by the first of the year because the issue needs to be addressed promptly.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 3:24 PM

Thanks for that post Utaaah, I've been wondering what the latest news was on that development. I had understood that a residential component was being seriouly considered for the next phase, once the initial development is complete. Did you understand the same?

Deseret Morning News

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 5:51 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post

Deseret Morning News

And I'm guessing that the white area will be one big parking lot.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 6:35 PM

The layout shown here is not accurate. I've been working on this project for awhile now. The plans currently don’t have any residential. But yes there will be acres and acres of parking.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 6:38 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post

The layout shown here is not accurate. I've been working on this project for awhile now. The plans currently don’t have any residential. But yes there will be acres and acres of parking.

Why won't there be any residential?
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post

I realize that plans have changed and that is why the layout from the paper is wrong, but most of the drawings and diagrams I see in the Deseret News look like they were drawn by children using MS Paint. Could somebody please teach them how to use photoshop and make these things a little more realistic and accurate?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 10:11 PM

You can see the current info on the site here:

http://www.centeroak.com/stationpark.html

The finishes on these buildings are pricey. Just the lamp posts are 15 grand each. Their goal is an "upscale gateway"

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 11:34 PM

BEEEEUUUUtiful Millhouse, A lot of parking, but it does look like they are going the extra mile with upgraded landscaping. I still think this will include residential at a future date. I was wondering if the massive, mixed/residential Eagle Village just down the road is keeping them from building a residential component for the time-being?

CenterCal Properties

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 11:36 PM
BANNED

These two don't seem to match up

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 11:48 PM

I'm thinking the top pic is located at the area where you see the water pool depicted in the bottom map. Does that seem right?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 11:51 PM
BANNED

It looks as though they put two buildings in the middle of what was going to be the open area depicted in the top rendering.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 12:11 AM

Hmmmm, you're right. I'm wondering if that top rendering isn't a little out-dated, "even though it's used on the up-to-date site." Maybe Arc or Millhouse will clarify it for us.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 12:16 AM

[QUOTE=delts145;3226146] BEEEEUUUUtiful Millhouse, I still think this will include residential at a future date. I was wondering if the massive, mixed/residential Eagle Village just down the road is keeping them from building a residential component for the time-being?
QUOTE]

delts,
I've been involved in this project a long time. The very early plan called for retail only. I think the influencing factor in this is due to a Garbett Homes townhome development across the freeway (300+ units). Just east of that development the Gardner company is building 100+ twin homes. In addition to that there are multiple VERY large single family developments going in around Station Park.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 12:20 AM

Urbanboy is right, they dont match. That being said, that's the current rendering of the project.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 12:38 AM

Thanks Millhouse, after you explained all of the residential being built next door, it's understandable that residential is not in the mix at this time.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West