HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Closed Thread

Old Posted Mar 1, 2011, 12:52 AM
Ex Houstonian

^
That Titanic replica isnt a hotel but a museum.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 4:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTex View Post
Wasn't this supposed to be a photo thread about Branson, Missouri?
I think it was derailed by the photographer who labelled it hell right off the bat.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 4:58 PM

Branson as a town is not very attractive (just like Pigeon Forge, Panama City, Myrtle Beach, Wisconsin Dells, etc.), but the surrounding countryside is beautiful.

As far as some of the comments go. Tolerance is a two way street, I find it interesting to see people say how open (progressive) and tolerant they are, then bash people that do not have the same opinions that they have. The entire US political system has become too polarized and the ability to reach compromise has become less and less. Historically this has not been a good thing for countries in the past.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2012, 8:29 PM

Having been to Branson close to the time when these pictures were taken, I found the place to be very touristy and not so much gross. The people they market themselves to is middle class Americans who love country music, A very very large group profile. It is not urban by any stretch of the word but in the summer months you can hardly move there are so many people in town. Sort of reminiscent of Gatlinburg or Cherokee NC or Panama City, FL. The amusement park is Silver Dollar City.

It is a job for lots of the people who live there. The residential areas can be quite impressive with houses of a very generous size, all of the performers have built homes there. And they do have a brand new airport.

I have a forgivness for small town and small cities. In a lot of places these are just people trying to make a living and put food on the table. I can't judge them for their lifestyles or where they choose to live.

Did you spend any time in Springfield, MO. Talk about a town that is trying to turn itself around. Did you know that Springfield is the 3rd largest city in Missouri?

Old Posted Jul 9, 2012, 8:49 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiei View Post
Having been to Branson close to the time when these pictures were taken, I found the place to be very touristy and not so much gross. The people they market themselves to is middle class Americans who love country music, A very very large group profile. It is not urban by any stretch of the word but in the summer months you can hardly move there are so many people in town. Sort of reminiscent of Gatlinburg or Cherokee NC or Panama City, FL. The amusement park is Silver Dollar City.

It is a job for lots of the people who live there. The residential areas can be quite impressive with houses of a very generous size, all of the performers have built homes there. And they do have a brand new airport.

I have a forgivness for small town and small cities. In a lot of places these are just people trying to make a living and put food on the table. I can't judge them for their lifestyles or where they choose to live.

Did you spend any time in Springfield, MO. Talk about a town that is trying to turn itself around. Did you know that Springfield is the 3rd largest city in Missouri?
I would say Branson is more kin to Pigeon Forge (Dollywood and Dixie Stampede) than Gatlinburg. I wouldn't quite throw Cherokee, NC in there although it has its spots, but for sure Panama City and Gulf Shores/ Orange Beach, AL.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2012, 3:39 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

Only one conclusion I can draw from those photos: I must cheer for St. Louis. Because those people cannot be allowed to have two senators all to themselves.

As for tolerance being a two-way street. My 365 days of Bushisms calendar was made up of actual quotes. Comparing the President - any President - to a Osama is flat out unacceptable. No reasonable person thinks those are the same thing.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 2:09 AM
Ex Houstonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragerunner1 View Post
Branson as a town is not very attractive (just like Pigeon Forge, Panama City, Myrtle Beach, Wisconsin Dells, etc.), but the surrounding countryside is beautiful.

As far as some of the comments go. Tolerance is a two way street, I find it interesting to see people say how open (progressive) and tolerant they are, then bash people that do not have the same opinions that they have. The entire US political system has become too polarized and the ability to reach compromise has become less and less. Historically this has not been a good thing for countries in the past.
Funny thing, I dont tolerate people who are openly ignorant, hate multiculturalism, gays, and deny scientific facts. Call me crazy, but I dont think those kinds of people should be tolerated.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Funny thing, I dont tolerate people who are openly ignorant, hate multiculturalism, gays, and deny scientific facts. Call me crazy, but I dont think those kinds of people should be tolerated.
What would you do with them, just out of curiosity, and should it be tolerated ?

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 2:26 AM
Ex Houstonian

What would I do with them? Put them in concentration camps and gas them, duh.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 2:28 AM

I prefer to laugh at them. Yes, it's mean, but laughter is a way of tolerance.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 2:45 AM
The Vomit Bag.

from the supporting cast of the Pukes of Hazzard (Daquan13) to this:

Cooterville. Or, disneyland for rednecks.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 8:16 PM

It doesn't look nice it is true, and those t-shirts are off-putting, but a lot of the living legends of country can be seen there, all in one place. My aunt and uncle used to drive down every year from Canada to see talented performers like Charlie Pride, The Oakridge Boys, and Glenn Campbell. They aren't conservatives and all they said was they loved all the shows and the people were very friendly and value good.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 3:50 AM

Thumbs down

Bla...Bla.....Bla.....tipical good-old boy bull, from a red state or Redneckville..

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 4:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnelly View Post
It doesn't look nice it is true, and those t-shirts are off-putting, but a lot of the living legends of country can be seen there, all in one place. My aunt and uncle used to drive down every year from Canada to see talented performers like Charlie Pride, The Oakridge Boys, and Glenn Campbell. They aren't conservatives and all they said was they loved all the shows and the people were very friendly and value good.
My folks used to go to Branson. They're extremely liberal but the Branson people thought they were "one of them" since they're from Texas. But they really did enjoy the shows. They also enjoyed people watching and talked about all the hyper-conservative people around. It didn't bother them; they thought it was funny.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 4:32 AM
Ex Houstonian

Im really quite surprised someone like Glenn Beck hasnt set up shop in Branson.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 10:41 PM

i've been told that this little town took a great deal of business away from a larger contender for the christian and country music, blue grass genres, that is to say nashville, tn. it is fairly impressive that this place sort of sprang up, as if a water spout in the dessert. though i don't care for the types of music and the acts, their are many that who do. who knows, it may eventually take the nashville title of "country music u.s.a."

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 11:02 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
i've been told that this little town took a great deal of business away from a larger contender for the christian and country music, blue grass genres, that is to say nashville, tn. it is fairly impressive that this place sort of sprang up, as if a water spout in the dessert. though i don't care for the types of music and the acts, their are many that who do. who knows, it may eventually take the nashville title of "country music u.s.a."
well, arguably, branson stole whatever thunder springfield, mo had, which was on it's way to being a sort of nashville. had its own syndicated programs broadcast around the country back in the black and white tele days.

instead branson is this kind of twirpy spot. it would have been nice to have a third million plus metro in this state - not saying black and white bluegrass "progrims" would have done it.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2013, 2:54 AM
Ex Houstonian

I just drove through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinsburg, TN and I have to say that those cities are much more puke inducing than Branson, although they are both very puketastic. Gatlinsburg was like an untraveled rednecks dream. Such a shame its located just outside one of the nations most beautiful national parks.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2013, 1:37 AM

after my last 10 day stay in gatlinburg, i decided that i had had enough of the mess into which the area had grown. really, very little emphasis is put on the scenery. when going back east, i will be going back to the blueridge mountains, natural bridge, and explore some of eastern kentucky (pikeville has gotten a good deal positive feedback from those traveling through), and i wrote for information on west virginia and autumn or late summer vacations. driven through those interstate areas on the way to d.c. and the upper east, but i never have vactioned in the area. it is really pretty.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2013, 2:29 PM

Redneck Vegas wannabe........lol

Sorry - I usually don't post if I can't be nice, but this place looks ridiculous.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos