HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 8:23 PM

I won't argue sports because it is like arguing politics, never ends well.

I think the TJ Warren deal was great. They got rid of an injury prone player who does things so many other players do and got back cap room and a backup C on a great contract - Baynes is only making 5mm a year. They got a youngster who is NBA ready in the draft and should be a great piece for them.

If you disagree that's fine but I feel good for the future. We renewed for next year and I'm actually thinking I'll get to see some good basketball for once.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
I won't argue sports because it is like arguing politics, never ends well.

I think the TJ Warren deal was great. They got rid of an injury prone player who does things so many other players do and got back cap room and a backup C on a great contract - Baynes is only making 5mm a year. They got a youngster who is NBA ready in the draft and should be a great piece for them.

If you disagree that's fine but I feel good for the future. We renewed for next year and I'm actually thinking I'll get to see some good basketball for once.
That TJ Warren trade was horrible! Clearly a cap space clearing move, which I'm fine with, but you had to give up your own 32nd pick in order for another team to take him? Sure he's injury prone but he's a great shooter with a team friendly contract. You're confused with a separate transaction where they got Baynes from Celtics via trade. Jury is still out on Cam Johnson and they took him waaaay tooooo early. Jones could've easily traded back to get more assets and still taken him later in 1st Rd. Let's not forget about the Josh Jackson debacle and we're probably going to have to give up another draft pick that we desperately need for a team to take him.

Unless they make a splash in FA w/ D-Lo or Brogdon, his tenure thus far has been a failure while they continue to fall behind in the Western Conference...

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
You're confused with a separate transaction where they got Baynes from Celtics via trade.
This is why I don't like to talk sports, starts turning into "you don't know..." and "you're wrong" and "you're confused" right off the bat no matter what anyone's opinions are.

FWIW the TJ Warren deal was not just the trade itself, it was part of a cap clearing move specifically for a backup center. Every deal does not exist in a vacuum.

The same can be said for real estate deals which presumably this forum is more interested in. One time I bought a shitty fourplex at 28th Place and Oak, not because I wanted it but because I could use it to leverage into something I did want. I don't have that fourplex anymore and I do have a fourplex at 10th and Butler.

See what I'm saying? The theme of it is look at the big picture and how different deals and moves can piece together like a puzzle.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 10:07 PM

I know basketball and that Warren trade was bad. You clearly forgot to mention the 32nd pick so yes I had correct you. You sound like Gambo right now lol If it wasn’t included, then great for Suns in clearing up space to get the backup center. Again, unless all these transactions don’t result in big FA signing , then off-season is a disaster.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 10:28 PM

The only guys I know in the organization are my sales and guest experience contacts, who are different every year due to turnover, so I don't think they're a great source of info. They all tell me a starting quality point guard is on the way.... taken with a grain of salt.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
The only guys I know in the organization are my sales and guest experience contacts, who are different every year due to turnover, so I don't think they're a great source of info. They all tell me a starting quality point guard is on the way.... taken with a grain of salt.
I hope so! A lot of rumors floating around about D-Lo so I hope it happens but we desperately need a star PG. I love my Suns and it sounds like you do as well! Here’s hoping to a great season and they can figure things out.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 10:33 PM

I tune out all the rumors, speculation is a waste of time. I'll react when something happens and hopefully it will be worthy of a happy reaction.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2019, 5:44 PM

Another example of just how horrible and lopsided that TJ Warren trade was. Lakers cleared cap space the right way by sending freakin' Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga, and Jemerrio Jones (along with a draft pick that won't be missed) to the Wizards. Meanwhile, TJ Warren, who's better than all those 3 players combined, required a current 1st Rd pick. Again, horrible trade by James Jones.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2019, 6:02 PM

I thought we weren't going to argue about sports.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2019, 7:03 PM

Quote:
I thought we weren't going to argue about sports.
And who made that decision? lol I’m just offering my opinion on this trade. You know you simply don’t have to reply to the post right? I’m talking to Suns fans in general...it always isn’t about you biggus

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 4:29 PM

First plans revealed for Suns practice facility, office redevelopment

Looks good! Storage facilities in this corner would be dissappointing however...

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...-facility.html
Quote:
Red Development has submitted its first plans to the city of Phoenix for the mixed-use development that will include the Phoenix Suns practice facility at 44th Street and Camelback Road.

Plans call for redevelopment of many or all of the existing 17-acre site's buildings on the intersection's northwest corner. Red Development submitted two site plan options to the city, one of which keeps some existing buildings for reuse while the other calls for all-new buildings to be developed on the site, called 44 Camelback.

Documents submitted to the city do not explicitly mention the Suns, but the team confirmed in May that the new practice facility and offices would be built at that location.

Submitted site plans show the sports facility on the parcel's northeastern corner, near 44th Street with a buffer of trees between the street and the building. One site plan proposes developing a new, two-story office and sports facility for the team on that corner, with 50,000 gross square feet. The other plan includes adaptively reusing the building already there for the Suns facility.

A five-story hotel totaling about 85 rooms and 20 residential condos is planned directly south of the Suns facility, fronting 44th Street.

The developer also plans to build a five-story, 187,500-square-foot Class A office building on the corner of 44th Street and Camelback with one level of underground parking.

In the center of the property, a three-story parking structure next to a four-story mixed-use building with ground-floor retail and restaurants and offices on the upper levels are planned, according to documents filed with the city.

The existing building on the northwestern portion of the property will either be renovated as an office building, self-storage facility, or redeveloped into a 150,000-square-foot storage facility, according to city documents.

Documents show Red Development will either reuse the existing office building on the southwest corner of the site or develop a new, two-story office building, proposed to total 46,000 square feet.

In the submittal to the city, applicants call the project an “extraordinary economic development opportunity for the property.” Today, the site is “outdated, highly underutilized and well behind today’s standards of quality office environments and mixed-use developments,” the applicant wrote in the submission.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Looks good! Storage facilities in this corner would be dissappointing however...

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...-facility.html
This is moving quickly. Demo permit issued yesterday for "5 structures" on the site. Unclear which 5, but from the address I'm assuming structures on the north end of the corner to make room for the practice facility.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 9:34 PM

Phoenix Mercury will play at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in 2020 WNBA season

Well, this is pretty awesome! Glad to see them play at Madhouse on McDowell while TSRA is renovated

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...20/1790793001/
Quote:
The Mercury will rent the Coliseum and install a high definition videoboard and scoreboard, upgrade the lighting, sound system and seats and create a courtyard event-level fan area like that at Talking Stick Resort Arena.

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Jul 24, 2019 at 9:52 PM.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 2:36 PM

Now the 1,900 people who attend Mercury games will have to change their plans, I guess. I've been to a number of games and they're so boring. Chest passes and jump shots are only so interesting.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Now the 1,900 people who attend Mercury games will have to change their plans, I guess. I've been to a number of games and they're so boring. Chest passes and jump shots are only so interesting.
Do you ever research this stuff or do you always like pulling stuff out of your ass? In 2018, the average attendance for their games was almost 10K. And who cares whether you think the game is boring. I’ve never been to a game nor do I plan to. I’m excited about the prospect of adding life to the Coliseum an additional 15-17 nights a year

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 3:07 PM

I miss the coliseum, used to love watching Suns and roadrunners games there. I've watched plenty of Mercury games, they're painful for me.

Calm yourself. We have different opinions and it's unnecessary to be so aggressive.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 3:21 PM

Quote:
I miss the coliseum, used to love watching Suns and roadrunners games there. I've watched plenty of Mercury games, they're painful for me.

Calm yourself. We have different opinions and it's unnecessary to be so aggressive.
"I thought we weren't going to argue about sports."

My post was strictly development/arena news related, excited about the opportunity of bringing life to the Madhouse an extra couple of nights in the year. In addition, the possibility of additional revenue to the surrounding areas. You chose to cite some bogus attendance figure and your own anecdotal experience about how you're bored. Sounds like you're old enough to remember the Madhouse on McDowell, figured that would bring back some nostalgic feeling and excitement to this fanbase.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 4:19 PM

Can the Suns win more than 25 games this year?

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 5:29 PM

Quote:

You have to be careful because Diablo takes extra offense when you criticize women's sports. I called that Megan whatever her last name is from the USWNT a Justin Bieber impersonator and oh man you thought I had used a racial epithet by the way Diablo went off. This person doesn't mind spewing his/ her own opinions but be careful of offering any alternatives that may be dismissive....

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
You have to be careful because Diablo takes extra offense when you criticize women's sports. I called that Megan whatever her last name is from the USWNT a Justin Bieber impersonator and oh man you thought I had used a racial epithet by the way Diablo went off. This person doesn't mind spewing his/ her own opinions but be careful of offering any alternatives that may be dismissive....
Racial epithet? LOL But apparently you consider bashing a member of LGBTQ community fair game...look in the mirror buddy. And if you actually read my post...you would've realized I've never even been to a game nor do I care about the WNBA. Reading comprehension is key my friend...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest