HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Mar 9, 2018, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
I'm surprised Second Cup is still even a going concern. There's several in downtown Toronto and every time I've gone into any of them they're always dead, even in the morning. Meanwhile independent coffee shops nearby as well as Starbucks and Tim Hortons have big lineups.

I'm not entirely sure what's keeping people away from them, they have decent coffee.
I saw a second cup just off the 403 near Toronto and it was very busy, busier than the timmies or the starbucks nearby.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2018, 6:12 PM

I have heard Tim Horton franchisers have a strong monopoly in London. Maybe that is what prevents other coffee shops from succeeding here!
Tim 1 : Starbucks 0

Old Posted Mar 9, 2018, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupcheck View Post
I have heard Tim Horton franchisers have a strong monopoly in London. Maybe that is what prevents other coffee shops from succeeding here!
Tim 1 : Starbucks 0
I don't know about other coffee shops, but I have heard about that monopoly as well, and not just in London, and it's near impossible to buy a Tim Hortons franchise of your own now.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 4:27 PM

The Starbucks location is a Physiotherapy Business now. A bit strange, i thought it would be a food related business to fit in with the other row of businesses on the street.

That Starbucks was an anchor for that street, now we do not go visit that side of town anymore. It is sad...

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupcheck View Post
The Starbucks location is a Physiotherapy Business now. A bit strange, i thought it would be a food related business to fit in with the other row of businesses on the street.

That Starbucks was an anchor for that street, now we do not go visit that side of town anymore. It is sad...
And the old convenience store is a pharmacy or something, its a bit strange for that section and as you said does not do anything to bring people to the area. Those places would be better in the strip mall where Metro is.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 5:33 PM

And there's a small gym going in that plaza where the new pharmacy is, in the old Medpoint space. I'm not sure if there is any empty space in the Metro plaza though. Maybe 2nd floor, definitely nothing empty in the store fronts though. And the pharmacy likely wouldn't be allowed, with Rexall already there.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 8:22 PM

No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldandnavy View Post
It is scheduled to close and they're opening a larger somewhere else. Not sure the details though, I heard this from an employee. There's also one opening at Wonderland South/Commissioners - I think it's under construction in the old Scotiabank beside Sleep Country

That's my go to store! I guess i need to find somewhere else.... thanks..

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbabelleS View Post
That's my go to store! I guess i need to find somewhere else.... thanks..
I'm not sure a coffee shop qualifies as a "go to" if you realize a year after it closed that you need to find somewhere else lol

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy