HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Oct 14, 2015, 12:58 PM

I had Kate Young walking around my neighborhood last night, random knock on the door at 8:30 and she was standing out front haha.

I already voted Liberals for London-West.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2015, 1:09 PM
User Registered

Polling data for London North-Centre and London West

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...n_North_Centre

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Oct 16, 2015, 4:25 PM
The Vomit Bag.

The used toilet paper (LFP) endorses Harper.
http://www.lfpress.com/2015/10/15/it...t-about-change

For fucks sake, what a shitty case. Our economy has been eviscerated, Harper and the conservatives sow fear and prejudice, and they still endorse this fucker?

Sometimes I hate this city.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2015, 4:37 PM

I think the Libs will capture London West and North/Central and the NDP still has a firm grip on London Fanshawe,

With the NDP continuing to plunge in Ontario it will be interesting to see how it effects the NDP in the SW especially it's stronghold on Windsor. Also note worthy is one on the biggest increases in Liberal support according to recent polls is in Eastern Ontario and the SW.

Still find it intriguing how Halimand-Norfolk is a real tight Con/Lib race when it is a very rural seat.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2015, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
The used toilet paper (LFP) endorses Harper.
http://www.lfpress.com/2015/10/15/it...t-about-change

For fucks sake, what a shitty case. Our economy has been eviscerated, Harper and the conservatives sow fear and prejudice, and they still endorse this fucker?

Sometimes I hate this city.
The LFP is owned by the Sun Media conglomerate, what else would you expect? They're about as pro-Tory a rag as you can get. Plain old bird cage liner would be far more useful.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2015, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
Just thought I would start a thread about the federal election and the results for London/Windsor/SWO.

Like all of Ontario, the areas is home to many battlegrounds and it's support seems to reflect the Ontario averages. Interesting to see that the Liberals may take London West according to www.threehundredeight.com

Interested in your thoughts as the area will be one that gets a lot of attention.
I had initially planned on voting NDP, but once I saw what the polls were suggesting as to who to vote for in my riding, I've changed my mind and decided to go with Liberal. My main interest is seeing Harper gone. That said, I wouldn't be unhappy if the NDP won the election, but I don't think they have a realistic chance of getting in, not with the way the polls have been going over the last three weeks.

This country desperately needs a new system of government, because it seems to be stuck in a never-ending cycle of voting in the Tories, being displeased with their performance, and then voting in the Liberals and turfing them when they don't live up to our expectations. And all we currently have as an alternative to all that is the NDP, the Greens, and other fringe parties that aren't capable of forming a government (for various reasons).

You'd think people would have learned by now to ditch this endless Tweedledum v. Tweedledee game. *sigh*

Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 1:52 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo26 View Post
The LFP is owned by the Sun Media conglomerate, what else would you expect? They're about as pro-Tory a rag as you can get. Plain old bird cage liner would be far more useful.
The "free press" must be an ironic label, as they put the stock cover page as their sister papers. So much for Editors choosing content.

Bird cage liner, indeed. Which is hopefully what will be frosting Harper's helmet hair tomorrow night, as he and his party go down. I am gleeful at the prospect of a Liberal government (I too had tentatively planned to vote NDP, but now I am leaning towards the liberals, but most of all I am ABC).

Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 1:56 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Postmedia, Sun Front Pages Replaced With Full-Page Political Ads

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/10...n_8326634.html

They sold their souls, and mislead a few others.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2015, 2:44 AM
User Registered

Looks like London is rejecting the Conservatives.

Now give us that LRT and high speed rail. Thanks

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Oct 20, 2015, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
Yes please!!

I was amazed at the number of people out to vote, my neighbor said they waited an hour to vote which is ridiculous to be honest.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2015, 3:04 PM

Where/when was this? I went to two polling stations (once for the me and the girlfriend and once for some friends) and both times there was no line at all. An hour is absurd, if true.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaradthescot View Post
Where/when was this? I went to two polling stations (once for the me and the girlfriend and once for some friends) and both times there was no line at all. An hour is absurd, if true.
St. Nicholas Catholic School (Riverbend London). Literally the line up was out the door when I drove by and my neighbor said they waited almost an hour. My wife went earlier in the day but still said it was a 10-15 minute wait.

Good news, bad news I guess....I am sure some people turned around and went home when they pulled up and saw a line out the door.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 3:07 PM

I've voted every election I've been able to, but even I would probably turn around in that case. Or try to find a different polling station.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 8:31 PM

Quote:
I've voted every election I've been able to, but even I would probably turn around in that case. Or try to find a different polling station.
I agree, I would have likely turned around as well.

I do not think you can find another station can you? You have your location to vote, a set poll number to go to where they have your name, etc. So if you just go somewhere else how would that work?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 8:34 PM

I'm pretty sure you can register to vote at the polling stations, so I'd assume you'd have to fill out a form there which will take a few minutes. Still shorter than the hour-long line. Thankfully I've never had to try this theory out. If you are required to go to your specific polling station, then Elections Canada should never allow lines to get that long.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 10:10 PM
Downtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
Looks like London is rejecting the Conservatives.

Cheers to that. Curious to see if red infrastructure $ will flow to SWO

Old Posted May 27, 2017, 12:38 AM

too good to be true

Quote:
I also remember when I first went to university back in 2006 that the Green party had a strong showing in London North-Centre, presumably a result of many student votes. They recently announced "tuition free schooling" and "student debt forgiveness" in their platform, so they might be a wildcard now too.
way too good to be true

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy