HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 11:28 PM

Abbotsford Heat Hockey

Last night, I went to an Abbotsford Heat hockey game, and would recommend it to others. Tickets are a lot less-expensive than Canucks tickets but games are just as entertaining.

They played the Manitoba Moose. I wasn't sure who to cheer for. The Heat is the farm team for the Calgary Flames and the Moose is the farm team for the Vancouver Canucks. I think half the crowd was wearing Canucks jerseys and cheering for the Moose (the Moose won 3-1).

The only negative thing I can say about the event is the entrance/exit to the venue. There was only one and it took us--literally--half an hour to get out of the parking lot after the game. I would have thought planners of the centre would have done a better job. Assuming they want the venue to be a success, and be filled to capacity every night, they should have built more than one exit.

All in all it was a good night. I enjoyed the trip to Abbotsford, visited some family, and filled up with gas (104.9 versus 117.9 when I came back across the Port Mann bridge).

Old Posted Nov 29, 2010, 1:03 AM

good stuff, although that is apparently the only game that is actually fun to watch due to a good atmosphere.

I will stick with my junior hockey and support the Chilliwack Bruins, and I have gone to several Giants games as well in that past. Grew up with in Ontario, and just am not able to get into the AHL.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation