HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Sep 8, 2008, 9:04 PM

Emopris.com shows Twelve Domain as proposed so I would think if they were gunna put it on hold for now that it would show on hold on Emporis. I e-mailed Endeavor Aug 5th the day before that article came out about them starting the Westin and they told me that Twelve Domain was put on hold for now and that if it does get built that it would probably be scaled back. Also they are going to build a Valencia Hotel like in San Antonio in the Domain.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2008, 1:17 AM

Does anyone know what they are building in the Domain across Domain drive from where the Dillards and Dicks sporting goods are being built?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2008, 4:26 PM
Austinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyLine View Post
Does anyone know what they are building in the Domain across Domain drive from where the Dillards and Dicks sporting goods are being built?
If I am not mistaken, those buildings are part of the same phase of development (Domain Phase II)... which will encompass both sides of Domain Drive:

http://www.simon.com/Mall/LeasingShe...pFactSheet.pdf

Old Posted Sep 21, 2008, 4:46 PM
Bears of antiquity

What's the best thing to build on top of a former brownfield?

Parking!

Old Posted Oct 9, 2008, 9:18 PM

They are starting Construction on the site across the street from Neiman Marcus where the aloft hotel and Nordstrom is going

Old Posted Dec 17, 2008, 3:08 AM

I found out about this last Thursday, the project that I was working on got put on hold because of the hold on The Domain projects.

Quote:
Statesman.com - Endeavor delays retail projects at the Domain
By Shonda Novak | Monday, December 15, 2008, 03:45 PM

In another casualty of the recession, major retail projects at the Domain in North Austin have been pushed back for a year.

Endeavor Real Estate Group said a Nordstrom and Saks, along with 450,000 square feet of additional retail space, 490 apartments and 125,000 square feet of office space, won’t open until fall 2012. The delay will push the opening of a Whole Foods Market to May 2012.

Kirk Rudy, managing principal at Austin-based Endeavor Real Estate Group LLC, said the company had not started to seek financing. Given the state of the retail and capital markets and the economy, he said, it was wiser to hold off.

“Though Austin is faring relatively well in the economic downturn, we’re mindful of the uncertain climate,” Rudy said. “We feel a revised timeline for the retail district is appropriate given today’s economic environment.”

He said all three retailers agreed to the revised schedule.

The department stores are to be anchors in a project that will include condominiums, apartments, offices and hotels.

An office building and an Aloft hotel, a Starwood brand, hotel are under construction.

Endeavor is developing 176 acres east of the Simon Property Group’s Domain shopping center. The Endeavor land is bordered by Burnet Road, Braker Lane, North MoPac Boulevard and Domain Drive.

In Simon’s project, work has started on a Westin Hotel and new stores including Dick’s Sporting Goods.

Dillard’s had planned a store there as well. Simon wasn’t immediately available for a comment on the status of that project.

The Simon project already includes a Neiman Marcus and Macy’s.

The credit crunch has delayed projects nationwide, including a planned 1,000-room Marriott hotel on Congress Avenue and several retail centers in Central Texas.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2008, 6:07 PM

I'm afraid that a lot of these projects that have yet to start at the Domain, Mueller, and downtown are going to be put on hold for much longer than a year. I'm thinking 3 to 5 years.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2009, 8:33 PM

I thought they has stopped the construction at the Domain, but I passed last week and I see alot of construction, any info. anyone??

Old Posted Jun 10, 2009, 1:51 AM

Everything that was funded prior to the collapse is under construction, Aloft and Westin Hotels, the second phase of the Simon shopping area (from Macy's to Braker Lane) with Dillard's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Maggiano's, etc. are under construction. The Saks/Nordstrom's and Whole Foods portion on the north side of Neiman-Marcus and Domain 5 was put on hold late last year.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2009, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
Everything that was funded prior to the collapse is under construction, Aloft and Westin Hotels, the second phase of the Simon shopping area (from Macy's to Braker Lane) with Dillard's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Maggiano's, etc. are under construction. The Saks/Nordstrom's and Whole Foods portion on the north side of Neiman-Marcus and Domain 5 was put on hold late last year.
Ditto what he said. The new retail and apartments are coming along quite nicely and the hotels are really getting some height on them now. It's cool.

I am charging my camera and I promise I will take some photos of the construction soon. (I work at the Domain currently).

Speaking of the Domain, does anyone know if the Gateway office building has tenants? (the cool glass building on Burnet). It appears to be completed but empty.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2009, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
Ditto what he said. The new retail and apartments are coming along quite nicely and the hotels are really getting some height on them now. It's cool.

I am charging my camera and I promise I will take some photos of the construction soon. (I work at the Domain currently).

Speaking of the Domain, does anyone know if the Gateway office building has tenants? (the cool glass building on Burnet). It appears to be completed but empty.
That building will be the HQ of One West Bank which acquired the assets of Indy Mac Bank.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 3:43 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

I was there this past Saturday and was suprised at the ammount of work that has already progressed.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 6:33 PM
Meh

Yeah, was up around there Saturday. The residential going in there actually has some height. Nothing too major, but it is more that was there before. And yeah, I had sort of forgotten about the hotel. And I saw the infamous Martin Hill water tank at night. What a monster!

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 7:39 PM

I was there this Saturday too and I had the same reaction!

Old Posted Jun 30, 2009, 3:03 PM

I saw the Bettysport store was empty yesterday, so that is the third store that I know of to close here since we moved in March of '08. The first was the Oakville Grocery next to Borders but there has been some work going on in there recently so maybe something is getting ready to open up in there. Shabby Chic filed bankruptcy and closed all their stores last March, so it wasn't just The Domain location.

Here is a story in The Statesman about Bettysport which is a locally owned store, they still have the 12th & Lamar location open.
Austin360.com - Bettysport closes Domain location

Old Posted Jul 2, 2009, 8:03 PM

Saw this in my headlines today, must be going in where Oakville Grocery was located, hence the activity there.

Quote:
Austin Business Journal - Gloria's to spice up The Domain
Thursday, July 2, 2009, 10:46am CDT

Gloria’s Restaurant, a popular Salvadorian restaurant with 10 locations in North Texas, will open its first Austin restaurant at The Domain by the end of the year.

The 7,000-square-foot restaurant will be located at Esperanza Crossing and Robinson Road, next to Border’s Books & Music in the expanding Domain shopping center.

Gloria’s menu offers a combination of rich and rustic Latin flavors in a colorful atmosphere.

“We are so pleased to welcome Gloria’s to our diverse tenant list,” said Lauren Harris, director of marketing for The Domain. “We are constantly seeking new ways to enhance our center and retail mix and tailor to our customer’s need.”

Gloria's is a staple in the Dallas area dining scene, with locations from Fort Worth to Rockwall.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2009, 2:09 PM

Any idea when BJ's brew pub and Maggiano's Little Italy are gunna open in there I heard they were going to open in the Domain.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2009, 12:40 AM

Maggiano's has announced a late February opening in the Austin Business Journal a couple of weeks ago. Haven't heard anything about BJ's opening date yet.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyLine View Post
Any idea when BJ's brew pub and Maggiano's Little Italy are gunna open in there I heard they were going to open in the Domain.
i wrote to maggiano's to find out when they plan on opening, and this was their reply:

July 9, 2009

Dear Mr. LongDuckDong,

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us an email and your interest in Maggiano's. As of right now we have not established an opening date for our Austin location.

You are welcome to check back closer to the end of 2009 and perhaps we will have an estimated opening date by then.

We again thank you for your interest in Maggiano's.

Maggiano's
Guest Relations
Reference Number: 309100

despite the nation's economic climate, austin is doing well and maybe it will open in february--we shall see. as far as bj's, i'm still waiting to hear from them. when i do, i'll post what they tell me.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 2:52 AM

Here's the article that I saw....

Quote:
Austin Business Journal - Maggiano's to open at The Domain in Feb. '10
Monday, June 22, 2009

The contractor building the new Maggiano's Little Italy at The Domain says the expansive restaurant is on track to open in February 2010.

Florida-based RCC Associates General Contractors was hired by Maggiano's owner Brinker International Inc. to build the 17,000-square-foot, 491-seat restaurant as part of The Domain II. NCA Architecture of Dallas is the project architect.

The Maggiano’s Little Italy menu features classic and contemporary Italian dishes served in a casual atmosphere. This will be the chain's first location in Austin and its fifth in Texas.

The mixed-use Domain development has already become a dining hotspot with restaurants such as Joe DiMaggio's, Daily Grill, North and Fleming's. Besides Maggiano's, the new phase will also include a BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse.

Brinker has more than 1,700 restaurants in 27 countries and two territories.

RCC previously built Maggiano’s Little Italy locations in New Jersey, Florida and Ohio. The company has also constructed two Chili’s locations for Brinker International in Florida.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin