HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Oct 26, 2024, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
Of course Trash Madani & Sportsnet have to cast a negative light on the CFL.
But of course, would you expect any different. I still laugh at when McCown had him on his show and said something to the effect of "You know you don't always have to tow the company line"

It's probably posted here somewhere where I posted about how the Sportsnet CFL hit pieces stopped about a month before Rogers bought into the Argos and there was an actual acknowledgement by them of how dishonestly they had treated the Argos and the league.

Having said that, I think what he said is true and I think there could possibly be a schism between the go-getter new owners and the old guard and frankly I'm on the side of the new guard.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:21 AM

Go Bombers!!!

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:59 PM
Community Guy

Great to see the Elks end on a high-note and with much to build upon for next season.

Fully on the Bombers bandwagon.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:48 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

Go Lions !!

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Great to see the Elks end on a high-note and with much to build upon for next season.
I am calculating some league stats and really the only bad one that stands out is Edmonton's per game attendance. But unlike others that might cause some concern I am pretty confident the Elks will rebound well and I think that will help Calgary as well.

The league's new owners have proven very successful so far and as Larry Thompson is an admirer of Amar Doman I expect Edmonton to see success once again.

Here's one example of a new owner's success. Montreal: four sellouts, averaged 3632 more fans per game over last year and played to 92% average capacity for the year.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:07 PM
Community Guy

In Larry We Trust.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
In Larry We Trust.
Edmonton is going to have one of Tre Ford, MBT or Chad Kelly as their QB next year. If Ford can't get the contract he deserves in Edmonton, I can see a world where Ford goes to the Argos and Kelly goes to Edmonton, either way, you're gold. And I don't think they'll want to pay Kelly so they'll pay Ford.

If they can start next season, like they ended this one, about four games in you'll see the 30k crowds again. It would be nice if Larry took a page out of Amar's playbook and had a big deal for opening day to start things right.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada