HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
LOL, obviously someone has forgotten “the budget will balance itself”. There’s a real in-depth answer for ya
The two greatest lines ever uttered by a Liberal politician in Canada:

1) - "and the budget will balance itself", - Justin Trudeau (our illustrious Prime Minister)
2) - "I'm entitled to my entitlements" - David Dingwall (currently President of CBU and working on his fourth publicly funded pension).

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWetal View Post
The idea that enforcement is the weak leg in those four pillars is frankly laughable. Have you been to a city in Canada recently? Sure we might have police working to interdict the importation of drugs but at the street level there are no enforcement resources. This is one of the four pillars of a coming Conservative wipe out. Even the BC NDP are making a complete 180 on this failed policy of focussing on harm reduction.
Enforcement is not the weak leg, that is the complete opposite of what I'm saying. There's always money for more police officers but there's never enough money for treatment or harm reduction. The other three pillars aren't given a blank cheque the way police departments are. "There are no enforcement resources" is a complete fallacy. There are always cops. Police budgets are always going to increase, they're never going to be cut.

And I'm not saying that we're at a "maximum enforcement scenario" either, yet when push comes to shove there are always enough cops to do sweeps through Hastings but there aren't enough supports for people after they get swept up.

When was I last downtown Vancouver? Wednesday. When were you last downtown Vancouver?

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:30 PM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The two greatest lines ever uttered by a Liberal politician in Canada:

1) - "and the budget will balance itself", - Justin Trudeau (our illustrious Prime Minister)
this was taken so ridiculously out of context.

The full quote:

"The commitment needs to be a commitment to grow the economy and the budget will balance itself."

He is right.....total quote mining.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
this was taken so ridiculously out of context.

The full quote:

"The commitment needs to be a commitment to grow the economy and the budget will balance itself."

He is right.....total quote mining.
Yes and it would have (covid aside) if there had been a committment to grow the economy and no virute signal on Climate and other issues.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada