HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Sep 9, 2024, 4:13 PM

NYC's Skyline Evolution: 270 Park Avenue vs. One World Trade Center

As promised, I'm sharing here the video I've dedicated to the 270 PA. I would like to mention, though, that since I haven’t had much time lately and I didn’t want to keep putting it off, I ended up slightly modifying some basic models from 3D Warehouse to represent some buildings. Even so, I think it turned out pretty good. And yes, I could have skipped the criticism of the OWTC, but even though it's an impressive building, I have a bit of a grudge against it for being something that could (and should) have been, but wasn’t. So, whenever I get the chance, almost involuntarily, I give it some heat. I won’t ramble on any longer. I hope you enjoy it.

Oh! And thanks to NYguy, with updated height information: 1,389 ft.

Video Link

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 12:31 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Great production quality. A pertinent pair of structures for making comparisons.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Great production quality. A pertinent pair of structures for making comparisons.
Thank you very much, MolsonExport. The truth is, I had my doubts about whether to keep the comparison (which was the initial idea) or remove it and focus on the evolution of the skyline, but I think in the end the combination doesn't seem too odd.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 2:58 PM
The Vomit Bag.

It is a shame that 1WTC did not live up to its promise or renderings. The culprit being that substandard spire, and in particular, the rickety base of the structure. I also think that 1WTC would look better if it were next to the original plan for 2WTC.

I really love this design.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
It is a shame that 1WTC did not live up to its promise or renderings. The culprit being that substandard spire, and in particular, the rickety base of the structure. I also think that 1WTC would look better if it were next to the original plan for 2WTC.

I really love this design.
Well, I couldn’t agree more with everything you pointed out, for better or for worse. Ergo, equally with how beautiful that design is. I love it too.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2024, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnitudes View Post
As promised, I'm sharing here the video I've dedicated to the 270 PA. I would like to mention, though, that since I haven’t had much time lately and I didn’t want to keep putting it off, I ended up slightly modifying some basic models from 3D Warehouse to represent some buildings. Even so, I think it turned out pretty good. And yes, I could have skipped the criticism of the OWTC, but even though it's an impressive building, I have a bit of a grudge against it for being something that could (and should) have been, but wasn’t. So, whenever I get the chance, almost involuntarily, I give it some heat. I won’t ramble on any longer. I hope you enjoy it.

Video Link
Your passion for architecture and urban development really comes through. The fact that you took the time to create this video and share your perspective, even with limited time, shows real dedication. I'm sure many will find your insights valuable, especially your critical analysis. By the way, if you're looking for reliable tenant screening services, I highly recommend rentprep customer service. Their comprehensive background checks and credit reports provide valuable insights that can help landlords make informed decisions.
Looking forward to watching the video and seeing how you've represented the buildings. Thanks for sharing your work and thoughts with the community!

Last edited by samonian; Yesterday at 5:54 AM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnitudes View Post

Video Link
NYC's skyline is getting crazier everyday yearbut i think it's losing its skyline quality due to having to find whatever spots are available for the next tallest buildings. When you're on Manhattan however, it will only look better.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture