HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 26, 2024, 1:06 AM

Biscayne and surrounding areas undergoing rapid changes. Gonna be quite the boulevard in a few years.

400 Biscayne - proposed
1700 Biscayne - Melo Megadevelopment proposed
1775 Biscayne - proposed - LCOR
1825 NE 4th - Edgehouse - proposed
1900 Biscayne - proposed - Edgewater Collective, 42fl x 3
2000 Biscayne - finished
2480 Aria Reserve 1 and 2 u/c
2600 Biscayne u/c
710 Northeast 29th - Villa Miami
3000 Biscayne Forma Miami u/c almost complete
3333 Biscayne - proposed East, West, and North towers, Beitel Group?
3350 Biscayne - proposed

Tired of looking, probably missing 5 or 6 more.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2024, 9:52 PM

Does the D&B tower not have it's own thread?

https://www.thenextmiami.com/1049-fo...ed-for-review/

Old Posted Aug 27, 2024, 10:58 PM

I can only hope that the D&G Tower becomes another notch in Miami's glittery hat. When the FAA finally gets rid of that stupid height limit of capping each skyscraper to 1049', let me know!!!

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickellBased View Post
Does the D&B tower not have it's own thread?

https://www.thenextmiami.com/1049-fo...ed-for-review/
It's called 888 Brickell

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 4:11 AM

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoic View Post
It's called 888 Brickell

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 4:12 AM

It's due to flight paths and I live right under one.

To be honest, I'd be nervous living at 1000 ft given how low the planes already fly over the city. They might be as low as 2000 ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
I can only hope that the D&G Tower becomes another notch in Miami's glittery hat. When the FAA finally gets rid of that stupid height limit of capping each skyscraper to 1049', let me know!!!

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 6:39 PM

Quote:
It's due to flight paths and I live right under one.

To be honest, I'd be nervous living at 1000 ft given how low the planes already fly over the city. They might be as low as 2000 ft.
Flying a plane is not the same as driving a car and truck, or engineering a train, in that planes use air, as opposed to cars, trains, and trucks, which have to either use a highway, or a right of way in the case of trains. Why is it so hard to just deviate planes to south of SE 15th Rd and NE 14th St and designate all of Downtown Miami from I-95 to the shore a no fly zone?

Last edited by wanderer34; Aug 28, 2024 at 6:53 PM.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Flying a plane is not the same as driving a car and truck, or engineering a train, in that planes use air, as opposed to cars, trains, and trucks, which have to either use a highway, or a right of way in the case of trains. Why is it so hard to just deviate planes to south of SE 15th Rd and NE 14th St and designate all of Downtown Miami from I-95 to the shore a no fly zone?
Well, it sure sounds like you're the aeronautical expert here, so why don't you tell us?

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 8:25 PM

Because the runways point east/west and planes touch down about 2 min after they cross the bay. They'd have to move the runways.

Otherwise they're going to have to do barrel rolls in and out of the airport. And there's also a margin of safety you want too if anything goes wrong. Like when stuff like this happens. It's already kind of dangerous

FAA investigates Tampa-bound Southwest flight that plunged to 150 feet above water

https://www.tampabay.com/news/transp...rt-lauderdale/

Quote:

Old Posted Aug 28, 2024, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
Well, it sure sounds like you're the aeronautical expert here, so why don't you tell us?
Sounds like another troll comment...

Quote:
Because the runways point east/west and planes touch down about 2 min after they cross the bay. They'd have to move the runways.

Otherwise they're going to have to do barrel rolls in and out of the airport. And there's also a margin of safety you want too if anything goes wrong. Like when stuff like this happens. It's already kind of dangerous

FAA investigates Tampa-bound Southwest flight that plunged to 150 feet above water

https://www.tampabay.com/news/transp...rt-lauderdale/

It looks like the runways don't directly go throught Downtown Miami, so there's potential for higher supertalls. I'm all for safety, but can't the planes stay on a straight path for a good five minutes once it takes off from MIA or once it's about the land from the Atlantic Ocean?

Old Posted Sep 1, 2024, 11:51 PM

For curiosity I looked into it and they're at 1300 ft - even lower than I expected - at the shore. For some reference Willis Tower antenna in Chicago is 1730' and Burf Khalifa is 2700'.

So I guess a legit argument is if there is any practical difference between 1300' and 1000'? I feel both 1000' and 1300' for example are basically just as dangerous lol.

And then comparing to LaGuardia below - both airports are almost exactly 5 miles from their respective downtown centers. I think in New York though you never fly directly over Midtown/Financial district so I supposed that is the difference. I imagine there must be some statute or something the FAA has somewhere for lateral clearance. Eg > 1 or 2 miles from obstruction.

I'd love to get an actual detailed explanation from someone at the FAA exactly why the height restriction is set as it is.

Quote:
Sounds like another troll comment...

It looks like the runways don't directly go throught Downtown Miami, so there's potential for higher supertalls. I'm all for safety, but can't the planes stay on a straight path for a good five minutes once it takes off from MIA or once it's about the land from the Atlantic Ocean?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2024, 1:47 AM

I'm fine with 1049 FT. I bet Miami could build higher, but above all we have supertall height. Imagine the next few years like BrickellBased pointed out: Waldorf Astoria, One Bayfront Plaza, Dolce & Gabanna, Citadel's Headquarters, One Brickell City Centre, Miami Riverbridge, 609 Brickell, and 100 Biscayne.

Literally all but 100 Biscayne have a large chance. It's insane.

And I remember people making fun of new Miami supertalls when they were proposed. Back then it seemed like a pipe dream. Waldorf really broke that glass ceiling. I wont speak too soon but the future looks tall!

Old Posted Sep 2, 2024, 2:53 AM

For real. Now that I think the Citadel tower is almost certainly a go, this increases the chances for many of the proposed projects in Brickell - both office and residential. The network effects of real estate development are real.

Every new building that breaks ground increases the value of that area which helps makes the next one even more financially viable. Of course until it's saturated - but Brickell is so small I don't see that being an issue.

Quote:
I'm fine with 1049 FT. I bet Miami could build higher, but above all we have supertall height. Imagine the next few years like BrickellBased pointed out: Waldorf Astoria, One Bayfront Plaza, Dolce & Gabanna, Citadel's Headquarters, One Brickell City Centre, Miami Riverbridge, 609 Brickell, and 100 Biscayne.

And I remember people making fun of new Miami supertalls when they were proposed. Back then it seemed like a pipe dream. Waldorf really broke that glass ceiling. I wont speak too soon but the future looks tall!

Old Posted Sep 2, 2024, 9:13 PM

Quote:

I guess the only reason why I want taller buildings is for one thing. It’s not to have the tallest building in America nor the world, nor to have some flashy starchitect display his work, but one reason only: SPACE!!! Miami is only 36 Sq. mi., compared to Chicago’s 227 Sq. mi, LA’s 467 Sq. mi, and NYC’s 300 Sq. mi. Those cities can build whatever they want, and Miami has to be smart on how it utilizes it’s space now and the future. I don’t mind the 1049’ height limit, but it will become inane once the 2030’s and the 2040’s start to become a reality, and then, what’s going to be built? Here’s to Miami’s future!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2024, 7:01 AM

This has to be be one of the most impressive contemporaneous set of updates ever on TheNextMiami and really for any city development page I've ever seen.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2024, 6:20 PM

Nomad Wynwood 9/29/24

'Horizontal Skyscraper'

This thing is yuuuuuge.

Also the arches are going to look great.

via floridayimby.com

Last edited by BrickellBased; Sep 30, 2024 at 4:27 PM.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2024, 7:59 PM

3501 NE 1st - Midtown 1.

New fence up.

Prev article said construction expected to begin in early 2025.

598' 48 floors

Also I'm not sure what is u/c in the background. This is looking east from the corer of 36th an NE 1st Ave.

https://floridayimby.com/2024/05/dev...own-miami.html

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations