HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Aug 19, 2024, 10:40 PM

Amazing.

A 1,000' Stern tower here would sell like crazy.

We are getting closer and closer to 100 Manhattan supertalls.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 12:11 AM
New Yorker for life

I don't think a supertall will rise on this site. If they get to 700 ft on this site alone, that would be good. It's not a very large site. Between 200-250k sf could give it a height somewhere around 520 Park Avenue. That one is about 780 ft. Though that building is built with a FAR of 8.

The numbers for total built and zoning space for 520 Park...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 2:08 AM

I’d be happy with 700-800’ here.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 3:44 AM

I read that this likely will be about 500’ and might have a scale similar to 200 E 83rd. I’d be happy with that.

Www.ramsa.com

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 2:44 PM

I hope it's a supertall, and a traditional-style design. It would be amazing to have three residential supertalls on this short stretch of Madison.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 4:02 PM

https://therealdeal.com/new-york/202...strict-office/

Plaza District office slated for demolition
Williams Equities principal hinted 655 Madison’s retail, housing potential

Old Posted Aug 22, 2024, 12:27 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
I hope it's a supertall, and a traditional-style design. It would be amazing to have three residential supertalls on this short stretch of Madison.

I'd be very surprised it a supertall got built on this site.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2024, 9:24 PM
New Yorker for life

https://nypost.com/2024/08/22/real-e...or-demolition/

A 1950’s tower on Madison Avenue in Manhattan is slated for demolition

By Mary K. Jacob
Aug. 22, 2024

Quote:
Williams Equities is gearing up to demolish its 24-story office tower at 655 Madison Ave., according to a recent filing with the Department of Buildings, Crain’s reports.

The 310-foot-tall, 200,000-square-foot structure is expected to make way for something entirely new, though the exact plans remain under wraps.

Williams Equities, a near-century-old New York real-estate player, isn’t going at this alone. The firm is reportedly working with Jamestown to raze the building.
Quote:
”We’ve emptied out a building in the Plaza District,” Cohen said. “SL Green had 625 Madison; ours is a stone’s throw away at 655 Madison. We’re going to see those buildings get torn down and replaced probably by a mixture of retail, hospitality and residential.”

Neither Williams nor Jamestown is coughing up more details, leaving the city to speculate about what could rise in place of the 1950s-era office tower, which was spruced up in 2005.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:12 AM

Isn’t the new facade only about ten to twelve years old? (Not that that marginal investment would warrant saving a crappy, worthless office tower that occupies a hyper-prime spot in which an Uber-luxurious hotel/condo can rise.)

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:36 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Don't know.

Since they are moving forward with demo here, this will most likely be built as-of-right. And it will be competing directly with Related's 625 Madison Avenue. This area of midtown will produce ultra-luxury towers, so I do wonder if they will try to achieve a tall tower simply because of the 625 project.

There will be a lot of ongoing demo in the immediate area...

Last edited by NYguy; Yesterday at 4:47 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:57 PM

So this is going to really ruin some of the park views from the ultra high end units in 520 park. Those owners are not going to be pleased.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:44 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster99 View Post
So this is going to really ruin some of the park views from the ultra high end units in 520 park. Those owners are not going to be pleased.
Tough. They should have got a unit in Central Park Tower. But it's more to it than just the views.

Old Posted Today, 8:36 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiND View Post
Isn’t the new facade only about ten to twelve years old? (Not that that marginal investment would warrant saving a crappy, worthless office tower that occupies a hyper-prime spot in which an Uber-luxurious hotel/condo can rise.)

yep, it got a reno in 2008 —

Madison Avenue Building Gets New Look

Oct. 24, 2008

Interior construction has started at 655 Madison Avenue in New York City, architectural firm Montroy Andersen DeMarco announced. The 193,000-square-foot, 25-story office building at East 60th Street is undergoing a significant modernization program that will reposition it in the Plaza District marketplace.

The renovation of the building includes a new high-efficiency glass-and-granite exterior, a new lobby, new glass-walled elevator cabs, and new ceiling-mounted air-conditioning units, which yield more useable floor area for tenants. The building's life-safety systems have been upgraded to make the floors fully sprinklered. In addition, there will be new sidewalks on both Madison Avenue and 60th Street and improved prebuilt office space. A total of 75,000 square feet will be renovated.

more:
https://www.iands.design/industry-ne...-gets-new-look

Old Posted Today, 1:45 PM

Quote:
I’d be happy with 700-800’ here.
Quote:
I read that this likely will be about 500’ and might have a scale similar to 200 E 83rd. I’d be happy with that.

What happened in the space of nearly two hours between those posts.

Old Posted Today, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
yep, it got a reno in 2008 —

Madison Avenue Building Gets New Look

Oct. 24, 2008

Interior construction has started at 655 Madison Avenue in New York City, architectural firm Montroy Andersen DeMarco announced. The 193,000-square-foot, 25-story office building at East 60th Street is undergoing a significant modernization program that will reposition it in the Plaza District marketplace.

The renovation of the building includes a new high-efficiency glass-and-granite exterior, a new lobby, new glass-walled elevator cabs, and new ceiling-mounted air-conditioning units, which yield more useable floor area for tenants. The building's life-safety systems have been upgraded to make the floors fully sprinklered. In addition, there will be new sidewalks on both Madison Avenue and 60th Street and improved prebuilt office space. A total of 75,000 square feet will be renovated.

more:
https://www.iands.design/industry-ne...-gets-new-look
Thanks! That’s what I thought.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals