HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

17C and partly cloudy in Moncton at 9 AM, going up to 23C this afternoon with cloud and showers.

YQM Country Fest this weekend in Dieppe. It is an outdoor concert venue. Aside from a 30% chance of showers on Friday night, the weather should be decent.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
Your tops for me too, Nicko999

I will definitely agree that today is very noteworthy for being an awful August day in Montreal. I didn’t think the forecasted high of 15 was actually going to come true.

In the southern interior valleys of BC, southern Ontario, and the Montreal area sub 20 degree highs is July and August are noteworthily terrible. 15.3 is exceptionally awful.
Metro, have a look at Kelowna's forecast for this Saturday...I've seen temps ranging from 14c to 18c with 5-10mm of rain...A beautiful late October day in August upcoming.

But I am all for it! Summer definitely feels to be winding down here with temps getting cooler and a bit more moisture lately.

In the mean time for the next couple days we should be seeing the mercury top in the high 20s, better enjoy it while we can!

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:51 PM
be nice to the crackheads

I've got an outdoor photoshoot at Big White this weekend. If it's 14c in Kelowna on Saturday, it could be as low as 6c up there.

Looks like I'm in for a cold and wet shoot.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC View Post
Metro, have a look at Kelowna's forecast for this Saturday...I've seen temps ranging from 14c to 18c with 5-10mm of rain...A beautiful late October day in August upcoming.

But I am all for it! Summer definitely feels to be winding down here with temps getting cooler and a bit more moisture lately.
I was just going to comment on that. Perfect timing for the conversation.

Only a day or so ago the forecast had it at the mid 20s

Osoyoos as well has a forecasted high of 18, which will feel very cold seeing how Osoyoos hasn't had a single mean temperature below 20 since late June.

That said, if the forecast holds the last few days of August and the first week of September may have a summer rebound.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:17 PM

Beautiful sunny day, currently 23 and winds from the south are returning humidity to normal levels. Low of 9.4 again this morning, a few more daily low temperature records were set, including Sarnia and Ridgetown.

There were lots of butterflies at the beach this morning, unfortunately they won't sit still for pictures.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:32 PM

I know we're probably not ready to think about it just yet, but it'll soon be time to resurrect the freeze list

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
I know we're probably not ready to think about it just yet, but it'll soon be time to resurrect the freeze list
Both Saskatoon and Regina had a close call at the start of August, dipping down to around 2 degrees each.

Old Posted Today, 2:57 AM
Go Chiefs!

Still very crappy but at least it kind of stopped raining. Only had some drizzle. Oh and I saw the sun for about 30 min this evening.
We are now at 218.9 mm this month. Record rainiest August is 224.8mm (2011) so unless we are completely dry the next 10 days, we will break the record. Obviously, it's not as hard to do so when 69% of the record monthly value falls on one day.

20C and mainly cloudy.

Low of 14C this morning. At least we never dipped in the single digits due to the cloud cover and humidity.

The warmspot was Peawanuck, ON at 30.3C.

Warmest low was Gimli (Harbour), MB at 19.1C

Old Posted Today, 3:03 AM
Go Chiefs!

Here is a list of coldest August highs.

Most record are the last 2-3 days of the month.

It was actually the 4th lowest high so early in the month.

https://x.com/ThierryGooseBC/status/...229498/photo/2

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada