HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
^ On the upper right half, just outside of the picture is "Market Street" at the Promenade at Upper Dublin. I know there is an existing building (Prudential building), but a shame that BET doesn't have the foresight to integrate these two developments into a larger unit. Or least have a main road near the Prudential building that leads to a dense mixed-use setup.

This plan looks like a town center proposal from 2000, might as well just build 300 single family homes.
An awful design. Truly awful. Just the suburbs being the soulless suburbs.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2024, 9:02 PM

Downtown Wilmington

Humble Park - corner of 4th and Market:

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 5:10 PM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Good to see another solid hotel option in Delaware County. Though I thought the exterior would look a bit better.

First look: Greater Philadelphia's first AC-branded Marriott hotel readies to open at Ellis Preserve in Newtown Square (PHOTOS)

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=2#cxrecs_s
Yeah...it's not a show stopper but to have two hotel options in that part of Delco that sorely lacked it is a plus. Now if for some reason I need to stay in one to be by the office I can park my car in the Ellis garage and walk to the hotel.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 5:13 PM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
I drove through Ellis Preserve for the first time last weekend. It's better than I expected TBH. The little main street area where all the restaurants are feels somewhat compelling. I'm not sure if I noticed this hotel but there were a number of mixed use and apartment buildings sort of right there then it stepped down to townhomes. If it were on a larger scale, I could see how it would feel like a cohesive town.

I think the biggest miss of the whole thing is that there isn't a connection to that massive Toll development called Licester which I think has something along the lines of 1,000 homes and is literally the next traffic signal up on 252. It would be nice if you could get between these two developments without having to go out onto the main road.

Also, I had never driven through Licester before. It's god awful.
I've noticed that I am now dodging the residents there in the early morning as I come to work and they are out for their early morning walks before they start their day...it feels less of an office park it was for the most part and a little more like a mixed used neighborhood. It's not my Eagleview but it's nice. I'm glad they did keep an open space in the middle of it for people to enjoy. I hope to get some more good lunch options in the new commercial area.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 5:16 PM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Curious, what is god awful about it?
It's the usual suburban development...not really connected to anything...not really walkable to anything...but it used to be an estate and it does sit north of the center of Newtown Square which in itself is not exactly walkable with all of the traffic on 252 and 3. Ellis Preserve is probably the most walkable part of Newtown Square.

Toll did build one section of townhomes at Ellis...they sit on the Northeast corner of the development. They are to the right if you come into Ellis off 252.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:13 PM

Some good tidbits from the new Yardi Matrix report on the rental front. Looks like all the new apartment inventory is still holding its own, owing a lot to solid economic fundamentals:

Quote:
Philadelphia’s Rental Market on an Upswing

Multifamily fundamentals in Philadelphia remain healthy. Average advertised asking rents were up 2.6% on a year-over-year basis, reaching an average of $1,766 as of June. Meanwhile, the national average only saw a 0.6% increase, to $1,739.

On a trailing three-month basis, the metro outperformed the U.S. average yet again, as Philadelphia’s average advertised asking rents climbed 0.6%. Despite contracting 30 basis points year-over-year as of May, the metro’s occupancy rate in stabilized assets was still 110 basis points ahead of the 94.5% U.S. rate.

Philadelphia’s unemployment rate clocked in at 3.2% as of April, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The figure improved 50 basis points month-over-month and was significantly below the national average. The metro’s employment market added 48,100 new jobs during the 12 months ending in April. This amounted to a 1.4% expansion, on par with the national rate of growth.

During the first half of the year, developers delivered a total of 3,131 units across metro Philadelphia and had an additional 16,207 units under construction. Robust construction activity will likely put pressure on the market, as Yardi Matrix expects 6,172 units to come online by year-end.
https://www.yardimatrix.com/media/do...ort-August2024

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
Humble Park - corner of 4th and Market:
A cornice wouldn't kill them, would it?

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:27 PM

Discussion in The News Journal regarding location for the Biden Presidential Library and Museum. Hoping Wilmington gets it, it's where it should be. Whether Downtown or on the Riverfront, the library/museum should be in Delaware, and more specifically, in Wilmington.

Biden began his legal and political career in Wilmington, his Senate offices were in Wilmington for 36 years, he rode the train from Wilmington to DC for 36 years, his campaign headquarters in 2020 and the site of the DNC acceptance speech in 2020 Wilmington ... he's lived close to Wilmington for damn near 75 years. Frequents the city often. Jill Biden taught college classes at Del Tech in Wilmington (4th Street) for many years. When you add BPG (who owns Wilmington) ...were very close to the Biden's, Robert Buccini was best friends with Beau Biden... gotta make it happen. C'mon man! It's got to be Wilmington.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...e/74794651007/

Old Posted Today, 1:13 AM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
Discussion in The News Journal regarding location for the Biden Presidential Library and Museum. Hoping Wilmington gets it, it's where it should be. Whether Downtown or on the Riverfront, the library/museum should be in Delaware, and more specifically, in Wilmington.

Biden began his legal and political career in Wilmington, his Senate offices were in Wilmington for 36 years, he rode the train from Wilmington to DC for 36 years, his campaign headquarters in 2020 and the site of the DNC acceptance speech in 2020 Wilmington ... he's lived close to Wilmington for damn near 75 years. Frequents the city often. Jill Biden taught college classes at Del Tech in Wilmington (4th Street) for many years. When you add BPG (who owns Wilmington) ...were very close to the Biden's, Robert Buccini was best friends with Beau Biden... gotta make it happen. C'mon man! It's got to be Wilmington.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...e/74794651007/
I would not be shocked it gets located at The University of Delaware.

Old Posted Today, 3:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyRising View Post
I would not be shocked it gets located at The University of Delaware.
I expect UD and Penn to compete for it, in addition to Wilmington. UD and Penn will each be able to put together compelling and impressive pitches bc they are large institutions.

When you’re talking about Wilmington *in general* as a suitor, then you rely on disparate groups and civic leaders getting their ducks in a row and competing for their individual interests (e.g., Riverfront vs downtown, whoever happens to own a given piece of land, general ego stuff, etc). So I tend to lean toward Wilmington proper not getting the Biden Presidential Library for that reason. But who knows.

Old Posted Today, 3:55 AM

At the end of the day, Joe Biden is going to choose where his Presidential Library goes.

You would think it would be Wilmington, but I also don't think he's gonna want it as a stand alone entity in a place with no pedestrian or tourist activity.

My gut says it's going to end up in Philly. He and Jill are both from Pennsylvania. He grew up in Claymont.

Who knows. It will be a win for ther region either way.

Given that Shapiro will likely be President within the next decade or so, Philly will end up with its own Presidential Library as he would undoubtedly put his there.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations