HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Aug 19, 2024, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTcrawler View Post
And yet every time I go by, there isn’t a soul on site doing any work. This project seems to have been idle for months while also being seemingly complete, or at least 99.9% of the way there.

My cynical mind keeps telling me there’s some hilariously outrageous NCC-esque reason for the delay. Maybe one of the Indigenous leaders who needs to be present at the grand opening is vacationing in Florida for the summer, and things are on hold until they get back.
Just like the little overpass on the parkway (west of Island Park Drive). What is it, 2 years now that somebody has been working on that site and its nowhere near being completed.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 2:21 PM

Is the site still missing railings? Might be a supply issue.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Is the site still missing railings? Might be a supply issue.
I went by the other day, the railings at the foot of the bridge are in place, but obviously mis-aligned.

There's paint cans and burlap on the bridge deck, perhaps deficiencies with the idiotic winter-applied waterproofing coatings that cost an arm and a leg for taxpayers to provide protection and heating for sensitive materials but didn't really matter because the bridge went all summer and Nepean Point is still not open so the membrane could have been done anytime in June or July??

Old Posted Sep 14, 2024, 4:38 PM

Old Posted Sep 14, 2024, 8:02 PM
Busy Beaver

And still no word on when it will be opened? Summer is officially over next week on the equinox. What are they waiting for, an occupancy permit for the groundhogs?

Old Posted Sep 15, 2024, 4:29 PM

I was there last week. They were working on the bridge railing (that I thought was ugly) and probably other things. I am waiting for the alien space craft landing.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2024, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchissippi View Post
And still no word on when it will be opened? Summer is officially over next week on the equinox. What are they waiting for, an occupancy permit for the groundhogs?
Noticed that the NCC updated the project page to say it’s opening in fall 2024. No longer summer 2024.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2024, 1:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartlebooth View Post
Noticed that the NCC updated the project page to say it’s opening in fall 2024. No longer summer 2024.
With the closure to traffic of the Alexandria bridge, I don't understand why Nepean Point can't be opened now, sans pedestrian bridge. Its not like there's traffic at the road that everyone used to scurry across anyways.

Sounds like a consulting team not willing to accept partial opening/deficiencies without completing ALL deficiencies at once.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2024, 7:19 PM

Old Posted Sep 20, 2024, 2:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownandDown View Post
With the closure to traffic of the Alexandria bridge, I don't understand why Nepean Point can't be opened now, sans pedestrian bridge. Its not like there's traffic at the road that everyone used to scurry across anyways.

Sounds like a consulting team not willing to accept partial opening/deficiencies without completing ALL deficiencies at once.
I still maintain that some important Indigenous dignitaries that need to be present at the grand opening are on some ultra-extended vacation hence the reason for the delay. I just can't fathom any other reason for the months-long standby when the site looks substantially complete and there are rarely any crews on site working on it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa