HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
I genuinely want to know how the Liberals could be so shortsighted to think this wage suppression campaign won't result in serious political consequences for them. I would bet money they'll be out of office for at least a decade after 2025. Was it really worthwhile? Did those benefactors really need this much wage suppression?
Because they expected people wouldn't connect the dots.

One might expect this from the Liberals but the fact that Singh's NDP is silent and does nothing is the most shocking. Party of the workers? I don't think so.

Old Posted Today, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Because they expected people wouldn't connect the dots.
They seems naive given that people always blame the government in power and abuse of TFWs was very much a concern when Harper was in power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
One might expect this from the Liberals but the fact that Singh's NDP is silent and does nothing is the most shocking. Party of the workers? I don't think so.
The NDP being naive on both impact and political calculus is far more likely.

Old Posted Today, 12:37 AM

There's a new centrist party. Believes in tackling climate change and increasing defence spending and gating social programs better.

Quote:
The Canadian Future Party is billing itself as a centrist option for voters unhappy with both the Liberals and Conservatives.

"For too long, Canadians have been asked to play a political shell game," interim leader Dominic Cardy told a press conference in Ottawa.

"Under the shell on the left, the social programs you need. But along with it, too often you have to buy bloated government, ever-increasing spending, divorced from delivering results.

"Under the shell on the right, we're supposed to find fiscal discipline. But along with it, too often there's a mean-spirited approach that blames the most vulnerable for their plight, selfishness masquerading as liberty that happily misdirects government resources to the wealthy, and polices our bodies and our bedrooms."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...ches-1.7294230

I might be the target demographic.

Old Posted Today, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
There's a new centrist party. Believes in tackling climate change and increasing defence spending and gating social programs better.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...ches-1.7294230

I might be the target demographic.
Have they got any money behind them?

Is this a new home for old Red Tories?

Old Posted Today, 3:33 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Dominic Cardy - ex NDP leader in NB, then joined the PCs and became a cabinet minister (education), had a falling out with Higgs and is now an independent MLA in the NB legislature.

Cardy is actually an extremely intelligent man, but, as you can tell from his history, he does not play well with others. Specifically, he does not suffer fools easily.

This new federal party is doomed.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada