HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 1:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I think the hotel would stay open through the end of the year, even if an anchor tenant were signed before then. But foundation work and demolition work would commence at the same time. So there would be no time wasted whenever work does begin on this tower.
Through the end of 2024 or 2025? If the former, I agree. If the latter (ie., 2025), I really hope not.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2024, 11:30 PM

Rechler will be the keynote speaker for the “State of the Office” conference on November 13th. Hopefully, he’ll have some news about this project.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2024, 9:17 PM
New Yorker for life

https://www.curbed.com/article/midto...ales-bump.html

Midtown’s J.P. Morgan Sales Bump

By Kim Velsey
Aug 5, 2024

Quote:
As Shea mentioned, J.P. Morgan, one of the staunchest supporters of working from the office, is finishing 270 Park Avenue, a 2.5-million-square-foot Norman Foster–designed behemoth expected to hold upwards of 10,000 employees when it opens next year. Its old headquarters across the street has less than half that — 3,500 workers.

More blue-chip towers (and, presumably, wealthy buyers) are on the horizon, including the 62-story 350 Park Avenue, the new Vornado and Rudin tower that Ken Griffin’s Citadel is expected to take nearly half of, and 175 Park Avenue, an RXR/TF Cornerstone project slated to be the tallest office building in New York. Plus, there’s One Vanderbilt, which opened a few years ago with tenants including TD Securities, Oak Hill Capital, and the Carlyle Group. Brokers are eagerly anticipating the corresponding sales bump at nearby residential projects. Some say that they’re already seeing it.

“It’s definitely helping with traffic,” says Donna Puzio, a senior sales director at Corcoran Sunshine Marketing Group who’s overseeing sales at 520 Fifth Avenue, a mixed-use tower designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox. The units there, with curved Charles & Co. interiors of white oak and green marble, are large and luxurious, but primarily one- and two-beds, starting around $1.75 million, and the building is now 60 percent sold after just a few months.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2024, 10:02 PM

I am so eager for news about this icon.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2024, 2:46 AM
New Yorker for life

https://www.wsp.com/en-us/projects/175-park-avenue

175 Park Avenue
Creative structural solutions allow a supertall structure to rise above below-grade transit lines on a tightly constrained site in Manhattan.

Quote:
Nowhere to go but up

With views of the Chrysler Building and the adjacent Grand Central Station, the location is culturally iconic. But the site’s transit connections created a challenge for WSP’s Building Structures team.

Two major transit lines run beneath the site: the busy 42nd street Interborough Rapid Transit subway station and the Metro North commuter rail loop tunnel, which services Grand Central Terminal. The rail lines dissect the site, making most of the base unusable for the future foundations.

The loop tunnel slices the base of the building in half, while the 42nd street subway station occupies most of the eastern half of the site, resulting in approximately 66 percent of the ground surface being untouchable and most of the useable ground in undesirable locations.

Structural design needed to meet these site challenges and more, including a plan to keep all the rail lines and tunnel active and safe during construction.
Quote:
Blending engineering and art

Existing conditions and constraints resulting from the below-grade rail lines limited touch-down areas for the new structure. Foundations for the supertall structure had to be supported directly upon rock, which was accomplished with a combination of footing and caissons strategically located clear of the rail lines.

The building core, which forms the spine of the building structure and encompasses the entire elevator system, is also constrained since only 40 percent of the core could extend down to rock.

The solution was a combination hanging and cantilevering core supported from a structural platform composed of super trusses spanning the entire site, with supporting mega columns located mostly along the edges of the tower. This structural system is linked to a beautiful exterior lattice frame, which completes the structural load path that directs the tower loads to the mega columns.

In 2024, 175 Park was recognized with the Future Project Award by the Council for Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. The award of excellence focuses on building designs that advance sustainable vertical urbanism through innovation, efficiency, and potential influence on the industry. The building is expected to open in 2030.
Quote:
Floors......83
Height..........1,580 feet

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2024, 11:04 AM

Not to sound like a broken record, but I think that Blackstone will anchor this. No one does a ten-year lease extension, and the timing fits perfectly with occupying this tower when it’s complete.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2024, 2:20 PM
DENNAB

^ I hope so. Maybe they'll call it Blackstone Tower too.

That rendering of the base is awesome.

1,580 feet is a slight height bump. If that's correct I guess the 1,575' limit referred to a solid roof maybe.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2024, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
^ I hope so. Maybe they'll call it Blackstone Tower too.

That rendering of the base is awesome.

1,580 feet is a slight height bump. If that's correct I guess the 1,575' limit referred to a solid roof maybe.
I think that Blackstone would be a great name.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 11:43 PM

Weil Gotshal’s lease ends in 2029. I don’t think that this tower could be ready by then even if demolition started in 2025.

I assume that many developers are trying to lure WGM from its long-time home at the GM Building, including BP for 347 Madison or its proposed HY tower.

https://therealdeal.com/new-york/201...e-gm-building/

Old Posted Aug 11, 2024, 7:53 PM

Based on the renderings, the site- this could easily become on of the greatest buildings on planet earth

Old Posted Aug 11, 2024, 10:34 PM
DENNAB

Agreed, I like this one.

I just hope it's not too far off and that it actually happens at this scale.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 2:57 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 3:01 PM

I skimmed through it and did not see any reference to 175 Park. It’s nice to see them posing with the model though.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals