HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Why would they when they have next to no representation in government from Saskatoon ridings?
Not sure what you mean by this? Do you think Saskatoon is under-represented in the LAS? Aren't there like 13 ridings within the city boundaries. out of 61 total for the province? That's about 21% of the legislative assembly, and the 266k people that live in the boundary represents ~22% of the province population of 1.2M, so we are pretty much on par for representation.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 10:52 PM

^^^ I believe it was referencing Sask Party representation from Saskatoon.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2024, 4:42 PM

Sorry, I regret the post. I am generally opposed to political discussion on this forum. But for clarification, yes....I meant that the Sask Party is not well represented in Saskatoon so may have a tendency not to focus as much on issues related to or specific to Saskatoon.
I only posted as I thought that the political make up of Saskatoon could potentially impact construction of DEED/Arena.

Now...lets move back to construction discussion. Sorry for side tracking us!

Old Posted Jul 27, 2024, 12:28 AM

The City Council Public Hearing is Aug. 28th,2024 for 555 Eastlake ..
I like the revised drawing!

https://www.saskatoon.ca/engage/555-...th-street-east

Old Posted Jul 27, 2024, 2:09 AM

Old Posted Jul 27, 2024, 3:55 AM

555 Eastlake

The new colour rendering is definitely a big improvement.

https://www.saskatoon.ca/engage/555-...th-street-east

Last edited by RobD; Jul 29, 2024 at 3:30 PM.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2024, 5:01 PM

That revised design looks great, it’s definitely more grand than the last! Top of mechanical room is shown at 92.4m above Sask Crescent - can anyone confirm if that’ll be its technical building height? If so, it’ll usurp Nutrien Tower (88.5m) as Saskatoon’s tallest building.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2024, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDing View Post
That revised design looks great, it’s definitely more grand than the last! Top of mechanical room is shown at 92.4m above Sask Crescent - can anyone confirm if that’ll be its technical building height? If so, it’ll usurp Nutrien Tower (88.5m) as Saskatoon’s tallest building.
Interactive topographic map of Saskatoon
Nutrien Site
https://en-us.topographic-map.com/ma...6%2C-106.66576

Eastlake Site
https://en-us.topographic-map.com/ma...9%2C-106.66009

Saskatchewan Crescent
https://en-us.topographic-map.com/ma...1%2C-106.66058

Being on the higher east bank of the river valley, this building could really stand out on the skyline. This is a sloped site which is approximately 11.0m higher at grade at Saskatchewan Crescent compared to the Nutrien site downtown and 17.1m higher at grade elevation at Eastlake Avenue. Visually taller from a distance.

Last edited by RobD; Jul 29, 2024 at 3:41 PM.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 9:02 AM

Cool maps, RobD. I love maps.

555 looks ready to go. Good luck to them. For the width of the building and the amount of units, I'd add a third elevator. Easy for me to say.

Last edited by Saskabusher; Jul 30, 2024 at 9:25 AM.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 5:51 PM

That area is going to be massively improved with that tower and the office building on 12th

Hopefully it breathes new life into what was supposed to be the highpoint project!

Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibblyJibbly View Post
That area is going to be massively improved with that tower and the office building on 12th

Hopefully it breathes new life into what was supposed to be the highpoint project!
I'm sure it won't take long before either a new rendering of highpoint is released, or a brand new project altogether.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibblyJibbly View Post

While I like these renderings as much as anyone else, I’d be surprised if we see one of these planned projects break ground over the next couple years.

Cost of construction is sky high, as are interest rates, and the economic landscape is not strong to justify such a significant project.

Unless 555 is going to be a rental - and if it is, then I don’t think we’ll see Highpoint for many years - then I don’t anticipate this going through for a long time. Home construction is way down in the province, and condos aren’t exactly selling well.

I would love to be wrong.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 9:28 PM

Following up on all my positivity above, imagine how much vibrancy would be added to the community with this project, the office building, Highpoint, and whatever will become of the former Extra Foods site.

Let’s hope for a strong economy so that we can see these through.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 9:38 PM

Agreed that 555 Eastlake will be the tallest visually, but was curious if it’ll take the crown for Saskatoon’s tallest structure from top to bottom. It still feels off to me that the tallest building (visually) will be across the river from downtown, but still excited for the build nonetheless!!

Old Posted Jul 31, 2024, 4:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
I'm sure it won't take long before either a new rendering of highpoint is released, or a brand new project altogether.
As much as I'll miss the Broadway Roastery, it'll be really cool to see what Triovest proposes next now that they have that corner too. With the cafe set to close on August 12, maybe we'll see a proposal sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed!

I wonder if/when we'll see anything happen to the little triangular parking lot south of there --- a remnant of the closure of the 5 Corners intersection. The city must own that land, I'm guessing? With all of the future activity along 12th street, that little parking lot might have an interesting future!

Old Posted Jul 31, 2024, 9:45 PM

620 Webster Street

Westcliff Construction's project at 620 Webster street is moving along. Hole is dug and forms are going in. The project is called The Hadley and will have 162 units. Unfortunately I can not find and renderings of the building including how high it will be.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2024, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roquentin View Post
As much as I'll miss the Broadway Roastery, it'll be really cool to see what Triovest proposes next now that they have that corner too. With the cafe set to close on August 12, maybe we'll see a proposal sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed!

I wonder if/when we'll see anything happen to the little triangular parking lot south of there --- a remnant of the closure of the 5 Corners intersection. The city must own that land, I'm guessing? With all of the future activity along 12th street, that little parking lot might have an interesting future!
WHAT???? I have been out of country for a month and had not heard the Broadway Roaster is closing!! That will be very much missed by a LOT of people in this neighborhood! What a shame.....

Old Posted Jul 31, 2024, 10:53 PM

The expansion at the great Western brewery seems to be moving along at a decent clip. Steel framing is up anyways.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter12 View Post
Westcliff Construction's project at 620 Webster street is moving along. Hole is dug and forms are going in. The project is called The Hadley and will have 162 units. Unfortunately I can not find and renderings of the building including how high it will be.
There was a previous rendering of an 11-12 storey building. I believe it was called ' the blend ' ( correct me if I was wrong ) I'm not sure if it's the same company and just re did the renderings, or Westcliff just acquired it recently.

If there's going to be 162 units on that lot, it should have some height. No1 river landing has what, 120 units? so if this building is a bit longer and wider, I'm thinking it'll hit 10 floors for sure.

Unless they're building more than one building, but I checked the site and it was a single building mentioned - apartments.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
There was a previous rendering of an 11-12 storey building. I believe it was called ' the blend ' ( correct me if I was wrong ) I'm not sure if it's the same company and just re did the renderings, or Westcliff just acquired it recently.

If there's going to be 162 units on that lot, it should have some height. No1 river landing has what, 120 units? so if this building is a bit longer and wider, I'm thinking it'll hit 10 floors for sure.

Unless they're building more than one building, but I checked the site and it was a single building mentioned - apartments.
This is from 2021. The link for the site is no longer active.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...a.441220407823

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan