HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:23 PM
PHL

Those new MFL cars are fcking glorious. I am so excited for those, plus the new trollies. Good stuff.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
"He who breaks the law goes back to the House of Pain!"

Well they did have to install special lights in the bathrooms to try to deter addicts from shooting up and had to have employees mop up blood on a regular basis so...

This location is going to come with some extra security benefits so it's not a good correlation.

This is an interesting topic and one I have been personally tracking, not growing up in the Philly area myself and thinking about my next move. Many of my neighbors in MontCo are from other states and countries and the pandemic seemed to accelerate this shift. But they are starting to leave, though, for numerous reasons. In the last few months:
  • One family from Canada to OH due to a job transfer.
  • One family from OH back to OH to be closer to family.
  • One single male to FL.
  • One couple is building a house in FL and moving at the end of this year.
  • One single male will be moving back to FL within a few years.
  • Two sisters + Mom from Iran are discussing moving back to FL but also house shopping in PA outside of the Philly area and towards Allentown.
  • One couple discussing moving closer to NYC where she is from (she can't stand PA/Philly, we have some funny conversations ha ha).
I am seeing more out of state plates around me than ever, with FL, GA and NY being the top (I don't count NJ or DE, as you never know if that is for a move or just in the area for the day). So anecdotally many arrive but not as many are staying for more than a few years. I've been in the area for many years now and have never seen it this transient.
Counterpoint: the Callowhill location just expanded into a bigger space and added a bunch more indoor seating. I was there this morning. It's really nice. Also that's not just a Philly thing re: bathroom occupancy detectors and altered lighting. I worked at a starbucks in another big city outside the NE in law school several years ago and they made that change to the store I was at.

I seem to remember the data showing that the #1 place people are moving to Philly from is other places in PA, #2 is the NY metro area. I can't remember where I saw that though. If anyone knows that would be cool to see the actual data

Old Posted Today, 2:33 AM

Sorry all I can get is this crappy phone pic. BNY Melon has been testing new lights tonight in the 'cornice' looking section!

Last edited by PurpleWhiteOut; Today at 3:10 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development