HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Today, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
Really sad to see what happened. This could have been an amazing grassroots type process that would have benefited tons of small local producers. Instead we have massive corps running the show buying up all the little guys. Really a lesson in how not to start an industry.

Amazing how all those “experts” can fuck it up so bad.
I think the goal was to reduce the backlog of cases in the courts. Free up policing resources to do other things. Reduce the number of people that are negatively impacted for the rest of their lives from having a criminal record. Eliminating an underground economy is a strong positive for society.

It has accomplished all of that.

As for the supply chain. I don't know that industry well enough. The big "corporate" guys look to have run into financial problems across the industry. Perhaps they though the industry was going to be bigger than it is.

Around the city I see a lot of dispensaries in Victoria. Probably more than the number of liquor stores. I would not have expected that market to be that large but I guess it is. Alcohol sales are down, that is likely a good thing.

Old Posted Today, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acottawa View Post
One of the battery plants has stopped construction, apparently due to EV market decisions.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...ario-1.7276431
Reduced sales into China.

We need to get a handle on the export of raw materials from Canada. We should be forcing some degree of processing and manufacturing to stay in Canada.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada