HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 24, 2024, 8:08 PM

New Costco - West Regina

New Costco - 8701 Dewdney Ave

https://www.regina.ca/export/sites/R...blicNotice.pdf

Surprised after all of the talk about north Pasqua, its instead going to Dewdney and Pinkie

Old Posted Jul 24, 2024, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustACitizen View Post

Surprised after all of the talk about north Pasqua, its instead going to Dewdney and Pinkie
Yeah, I'm surprised too. Very surprised I had to check the calendar to see if it was April 1st.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2024, 9:01 PM

Finally! Actually happy it will be in West Regina.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2024, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
Yeah, I'm surprised too. Very surprised I had to check the calendar to see if it was April 1st.
Not surprised. This is a mirror of Aurora on the east side and has the same developer. Costco will spur the development of other retail that has completely stalled at Horizons until now due to COVID and online retail. I am sure the developer went after Costco hard.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2024, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustACitizen View Post

Also very surprised. I was excited for this to be in the north end. Glad we are (likely) getting a 2nd Costco but feel like Costco would have done better at the Pasqua location.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2024, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskScreamer View Post
Also very surprised. I was excited for this to be in the north end. Glad we are (likely) getting a 2nd Costco but feel like Costco would have done better at the Pasqua location.
Completely agree, it's dead out there cuz no one wants to move out there and this won't change that. No elementary schools close by and high-schools so far away with only dewndey as your high capacity road. Seems for short cited by council to approve it there.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 1:14 AM

New Costco will be super convenient for me, just a 5 min drive down Pinkie. Would be better if the bypass had ramps on the south side of Dewdney. People coming from the south would have to get off at Hill Ave and take Pinkie for 3 km at 80 instead of 110. I suspect a lot of people from Cathedral / Harbour Landing will end up taking the gravel sections of 13th Ave and Courtney which will be too much traffic for those roads. I should submit feedback in that regard.

The Coop gas bar wasn't super busy to begin with, this definitely won't help directly across the street.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougler306 View Post
Completely agree, it's dead out there cuz no one wants to move out there and this won't change that. No elementary schools close by and high-schools so far away with only dewndey as your high capacity road. Seems for short cited by council to approve it there.
I mean, I don't think that nearby schools is the driving factor of a Costco. In terms of location, I like it much better in Westerra than Pasqua north. I live in the south end, and it will only take me ~12 min to get to this new location, where the current one is 25+ (and much more stressful with Vic East traffic).

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecho111 View Post
New Costco will be super convenient for me, just a 5 min drive down Pinkie. Would be better if the bypass had ramps on the south side of Dewdney. People coming from the south would have to get off at Hill Ave and take Pinkie for 3 km at 80 instead of 110. I suspect a lot of people from Cathedral / Harbour Landing will end up taking the gravel sections of 13th Ave and Courtney which will be too much traffic for those roads. I should submit feedback in that regard.

The Coop gas bar wasn't super busy to begin with, this definitely won't help directly across the street.
This is a really good point. This would be a way better site if it had access from the bypass.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskScreamer View Post
This is a really good point. This would be a way better site if it had access from the bypass.
I also actually never realized that the Rotary Ave interchange is really only for accessing the GTH and not Dewdney Ave.

I use Dewdney all the time to access Highway 11 north, so this location is very convenient for me as well. More people are figuring out that Dewdney is now the best route for access to/from downtown/Pasqua Hospital/Mosaic/REAL etc. to Highway 11.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecho111 View Post

The Coop gas bars are always earlier arrivers in new areas. I can remember Harbour Landing location appearing to be way overbuilt at first. The same with PoW and Quance as well as Chuka. Eventually the area gets built out and that stations get very busy.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
The Coop gas bars are always earlier arrivers in new areas. I can remember Harbour Landing location appearing to be way overbuilt at first. The same with PoW and Quance as well as Chuka. Eventually the area gets built out and that stations get very busy.
Yeah I was just thinking, while the Costco gas station will certainly bring competition for anyone who is a Costco member, it will also significantly increase traffic in the area.

So it could end up helping it more than hurting it in the end.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan