HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Jul 23, 2024, 5:03 PM
Community Guy

That whole BS of 'concrete jungle' is just that. There are many mature streets, parks and the river valley nearby and I would argue that I probably spent more time out and in those areas than I would in a backyard, BUT, and to your point, the value prop is simply less than other cities and products vis a vis in Edmonton.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jul 23, 2024, 5:13 PM

Personally I don't want to waste money and hours of my time per year maintaining a SFH backyard. With a condo I won't ever have to worry about that.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2024, 7:40 PM
Community Guy

Both from ^

Old Posted Jul 24, 2024, 9:06 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 2:21 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 3:54 PM
Community Guy

2024 Quarterly Housing Reports
The second installment of our 2024 Market Housing and Rental Report is now available. This report highlights housing activity across the province and recaps what we saw in Q1 + Q2 2024, including housing starts, rental trends, housing types under construction, pricing, inventory and population growth.

KEY HIGHLIGHTS

-With 21,510 year-to-date starts, Alberta has set a record for the first six months and is on pace to set a record level of housing starts for the year.

-Year-to-date, housing starts in Alberta are up 54% compared to 2023 and remain well above the ten-year average.

-The Calgary and Edmonton regions continue to lead the province in population growth and housing activity and are well above their ten-year averages.

-Momentum is slowly building in mid-sized municipalities with Red Deer, Grande Prairie and Medicine Hat posting housing starts above their ten-year averages.

-Housing starts rebounded in Lethbridge and are up 265% from 2023 and near ten-year averages.

-Despite an increase in mid-sized cities, the majority of housing starts remain in the

-Calgary and Edmonton regions with a total of 91% of all housing starts year-to-date.

-Purpose-built rentals are increasing in mid-sized municipalities and continue to account for 33% of all housing starts province wide.

-Housing inventory saw a modest increase but still remains below ten-year averages.

-Home prices continue to remain elevated above ten-year averages and most regions saw an increase compared to last year.

-Alberta’s population continues to surge with an overall 4.4% increase in 2023 led by a 6% increase in Calgary, 4.2% increase in Edmonton and 3% increase in Red Deer and Lethbridge. Other regions continue to experience modest growth compared to the previous five years.

https://bildalberta.ca/housing-data/

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 5:31 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 7:24 PM
Urbis Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Absolutely! Exactly what this site should be.

Old Posted Today, 1:08 AM

[Delete]

Last edited by CCRC; Today at 1:10 AM. Reason: No context post/No quote

Old Posted Today, 1:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post

What is This? Never heard of it before
Or is it just some Non-thing

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton