HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 23, 2024, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor734 View Post
Sounds like they will be using South Market for staging materials, deliveries etc etc
That, or I believe there was a variance he asked to do some sort of covered connector between the building and the market in the last update. I thought I read it was to create a covered corridor between the two buildings. Maybe it was for this?

Old Posted Jul 23, 2024, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
That, or I believe there was a variance he asked to do some sort of covered connector between the building and the market in the last update. I thought I read it was to create a covered corridor between the two buildings. Maybe it was for this?
I remember something about that. It came into being when they removed the loading dock plan didn't it? I suppose it could be a deliveries and staging area during construction with the connector built towards the end of the process.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2024, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
Both are true, in a sense:
Quote:
99 King Street development began in 2021 with the demolition of two buildings, including the former Woolworth’s building. Currently, existing foundation walls are being removed, and construction on the new foundation is expected to start in August 2024. Staff recommend a temporary license agreement with the developer for continued use of South Market Street during construction, with a proposed license fee of $1,000.00. The City also plans to petition the Province for private legislation to grant an easement over South Market Street by Spring 2025.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2024, 7:03 PM

The mayor just posted about it on social media:

Quote:
“At last night’s council meeting, we entered into a License Agreement with W/L Holdings Inc. for the use of South Market Street during the construction of 99 King. This will give the developer room to store equipment.

Existing foundation walls are being removed, and construction on a new foundation is expected to start this August. It’s been a long time coming but I’m very glad to see the pieces starting to come together”.
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/ymE...ibextid=WC7FNe

So it’s to allow the developer to have more room to store equipment during construction. Construction on the new foundation starts next month in August.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces