HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 8:03 PM

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/move-stuff...gina-1.6967246
'Move stuff forward': Avro Aerospace opens venture studio in Regina
The studio will serve as a hub for the company’s orbital/launch operations and the development of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) models to assist manoeuverability in UAVS, rockets and advanced supersonic air travel.
“We currently have eight folks here at the AVRO Venture Lab upon its founding,” CEO Vladimir Mravcak told CTV News. “We hope to expand phase two by the end of the year which will be up to 20 employees.”

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 8:07 PM

https://leaderpost.com/news/local-ne...regina-red-sox
Council agrees to cost-share funding study for new Regina Red Sox home
"The back stop is held together by tie-wraps," said Regina Red Sox representative Al Simpson. "We need something better."
I believe this is going to get built in the downtown area. That’ll be so awesome.

We don’t know where it will be located, but it will be in a really great place to play baseball,” said Ward 2 Coun. Bob Hawkins, who submitted the motion along with Mayor Sandra Masters.
“We don’t know exactly what the stadium will look like, but we hope it will be a first-class facility,” Hawkins added.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mayor View Post
https://leaderpost.com/news/local-ne...regina-red-sox
Council agrees to cost-share funding study for new Regina Red Sox home
"The back stop is held together by tie-wraps," said Regina Red Sox representative Al Simpson. "We need something better."
I believe this is going to get built in the downtown area. That’ll be so awesome.

We don’t know where it will be located, but it will be in a really great place to play baseball,” said Ward 2 Coun. Bob Hawkins, who submitted the motion along with Mayor Sandra Masters.
“We don’t know exactly what the stadium will look like, but we hope it will be a first-class facility,” Hawkins added.
Model Blue Cross Park in downtown Winnipeg and you guys have a homerun A-ball park.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 9:10 PM

Call me crazy, but governments (and especially local governments) shouldn't spend money on facilities meant to primarily make money for private organizations such as sports teams. Now if you want to make a city-owned and operated baseball facility that the Red Sox can rent (but still have to compete with anyone else to book publicly for free, non-profit purposes) then sure, I'm okay with that.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2024, 2:36 PM

I was out at Costco the other night and was shocked by the number of massive multi-family projects underway. One townhome project is all framed and another is in the foundation stage. Nearer Vic Ave/TCH is a huge multi building apartment project in the foundation stage.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2024, 2:53 PM

It seems like a lot of land for Cargill. Maybe for future expansion opportunities.

As was mentioned, they only need a narrow strip (100') to get up to the CN line. Plus some area at the CN line for a wye connection. But they probably only need to head east through Regina and on to Melville, so may not install a wye there.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2024, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I was out at Costco the other night and was shocked by the number of massive multi-family projects underway. One townhome project is all framed and another is in the foundation stage. Nearer Vic Ave/TCH is a huge multi building apartment project in the foundation stage.
Yeah. There are going to be thousands of people living in that area, with only on road out to Victoria Ave. People have told me it won't be a big deal, but...the original development plan that was approved (when road work was done) did not include this residential stuff. I can't see how that single road is not going to be crazy congested all the time once these apartments are complete. And don't get me wrong, I think dense development like that is a good thing for Regina...we just shouldn't be allowing developers to change plans all the time (see Harbour Landing) after approval.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2024, 1:36 AM

The intersection at the funeral home is getting upgraded and Chuka will connect to Victoria there which should take some pressure off Aurora. There will also be additional connections to Woodland Grove at Arens and Haughton so Windsor Park Road and Prince of Wales will be other options.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
It seems like a lot of land for Cargill. Maybe for future expansion opportunities.

As was mentioned, they only need a narrow strip (100') to get up to the CN line. Plus some area at the CN line for a wye connection. But they probably only need to head east through Regina and on to Melville, so may not install a wye there.
I followed the construction down the grid road tonight. The dirt base for the rail line looks mostly done to the tracks and curves to the east. Still some work building a bed parallel to that line for adding a switch. A heavy duty concrete culvert went in on the south side of Dewdney this week. North side has a temporary steel culvert.

https://imgur.com/a/lFyLvx0

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan