HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jul 12, 2024, 7:29 PM

Since we're on the topic of pedestrian improvements. Schuylkill Banks just posted some updates on the extension of the river trail to Grays Ferry Crescent. Very curious to see what impact this and the swing bridge have on the adjacent neighborhoods. Also, love the added skyline density the cable bridge will add to a fairly low rise section of the city.

https://www.facebook.com/SchuylkillB...qivaLtUWfPm2Tl

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 11:47 AM
build awesome buildings

gretz brewery redevelopment looks like it’s maybe moving forward (heading to zoning) - so much is happening over there.

Gretz Who's Back? Brewery Redevelopment Heads to Zoning
https://jackphillyre.substack.com/p/...-redevelopment
July 15, 2024

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 12:40 PM

Man, that looks like shit. The massing is there, but the materials are second-rate at best. At least all I'll now be able to bear looking at are the historic facades.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 9:09 PM
PHL

Hoping that mostly just the amateur rendering but yeah that looks a little sus. Happy it’s being restored though, maybe someone will fix it in 30 years lol

Old Posted Jul 17, 2024, 12:49 PM

BAD!

If they save what's left of the original buildings I'd take the trade, but this is terrible design.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2024, 4:04 PM

I actually like the massing and fenestration of the structure, but the materials are so critical to get right with historic re-use/additions.

Can we ban metal paneling, please?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2024, 4:46 PM

Norwegian Jewel to set sail from Philadelphia in 2026, marking return of cruise ships to city

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...source=twitter

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Well you guys, I have some good & bad news.

Ill start with the good, I love yall, & I appreciate the support you all have given me with my work the past couple years, I have been building, learning & growing everyday, every month & every year in the city of Philly, my family were born & raised here & so was I.

I love Philly & it will always remain in my heart but I’m sorry to say im making a change & that change involves moving on.

I am moving to Atlanta, & while I wont be here in person, ill be here in discussion & visits.

The good news however is that im not leaving the forum, ill still be here sharing & talking about Philly. Ill also just be more heavily intune with the Atlanta & South Threads.

I love this forum & cant wait to add on another city & more work to the history.

-Tony V

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post

Ill start with the good, I love yall, & I appreciate the support you all have given me with my work the past couple years, I have been building, learning & growing everyday, every month & every year in the city of Philly, my family were born & raised here & so was I.

I love Philly & it will always remain in my heart but I’m sorry to say im making a change & that change involves moving on.

I am moving to Atlanta, & while I wont be here in person, ill be here in discussion & visits.

The good news however is that im not leaving the forum, ill still be here sharing & talking about Philly. Ill also just be more heavily intune with the Atlanta & South Threads.

I love this forum & cant wait to add on another city & more work to the history.

-Tony V
Atlanta is a cool city, I hope you find happiness there! We will miss your photos very much, I always think to myself "Sick a new Tony V photo dump" when I see your posts. Just did a quick check and it seems there's not much of an Atlanta presence on this site, so keep taking photos and maybe it'll take off!

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:27 AM

Good luck in ATL, TV. Will miss your photo updates.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:53 PM

Quote:

-Tony V
Good luck, Tony! You've been a great contributor to the forum. Thanks!

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:56 PM

Quote:

-Tony V
Dude, you’ve been incredible. Impossible shoes to fill. Best of luck in Atlanta!

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:20 PM

Aw man while I'm sad to hear that I wish you all the best in Atlanta Tony! Looking forward to seeing your great shots of the buildings down there. We will miss you here in Philly.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:18 PM
build awesome buildings

Tony! You'll absolutely destroy it down in the ATL - we'll miss you here, but keep doing your thing, man!

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:34 PM

Major loss, Tony. Your drone photos were the gold standard.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:40 PM

So sad to hear you’re moving Tony! Always loved your photos and contributions. Wish you nothing but the best in ATL and hope life brings you back to Philadelphia one day

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:53 PM
Me?!?

N.J. making serious push to lure Sixers to new arena in Camden

Time may be running out for team, owned by HBSE (owners of Devils, Pru Center), to get approval to build new arena in Philly
https://www.roi-nj.com/2024/07/18/li...ena-in-camden/

Quote:

-Tony V
Congrats! Bittersweet I am sure. Will you be living inside or outside of The Perimeter? ATL is cool and growing and changing rapidly, you will enjoy your time there and I look forward to your pics.

Old Posted Today, 2:08 AM

Congrats, Tony, and best of luck! Thanks for all of your awesome content. Atlanta is lucky to have you!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development