HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 1:28 AM

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/br...parking-report

Browaty is such a dork lol. Won't anyone think of the automobiles????

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 4:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/br...parking-report

Browaty is such a dork lol. Won't anyone think of the automobiles????
Is there any way to get by the firewall?

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 4:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
The route I mentioned is shown here on paged 4/5 in green and red/blue dashed. The blue option is the selected option for the service road.

https://www.gov.mb.ca/mti/hpd/pth100...s/segment1.pdf
Looking at that pdf file from WSP, I noticed the diamond interchange at Four Mile Road. Why would they build a diamond interchange at that location, unless the city was planning another "Waverley West" project south of Wilkes, from the West Perimeter, to McCreary Road. One would think the city would just close off that road, or reroute it to the access road like they did with Brady Road.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
Biked that overpass yesterday - literal hell biking up the floodway and the bridge, especially after I had a headwind from the North all the way starting at Elmwood and Talbot lmao.

Also, for any fat guys like me reading this, do not go down into the park in Birds Hill like Maps tells you to on the way to BHP, I almost puked going up that Garven Road switchback haha.
Wonder what the traffic count is on that bridge?

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
Looking at that pdf file from WSP, I noticed the diamond interchange at Four Mile Road. Why would they build a diamond interchange at that location, unless the city was planning another "Waverley West" project south of Wilkes, from the West Perimeter, to McCreary Road. One would think the city would just close off that road, or reroute it to the access road like they did with Brady Road.
I think it menitons in the text of the reports that location is a long term future plan. There's a few of those in there. They have no plans to build that anytime soon, maybe like you said once development gets there.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalf View Post
Absolutely. My unresearched opinion is the River-Assiniboine AT bridge is the best bang for buck, should it ever be built.

Speaking of AT bridges, once upon a time, Bike Winnipeg was gathering support for a crossing between Kildonan Drive and Scotia Avenue; I think it was to be at Senior Citizen's Park. Does anyone know anything about that? Was it a real plan, or just blue sky thinking?
Personally I would love a bridge there. Not sure of the exact location of the Bike Winnipeg stuff. But a bridge could go from Fraser's grove park directly across to the south side entrance of Kildonan Park. I believe a crossing is shown in the cycling plan the city put out a while back.

Locations such as these would really provide a great service to the residents. Similar to the detour required at the Perimeter and Harte Trail, having to go over Chief Peguis Trail river crossing to get into Kildonan park is a big hindrance for a lot of people. Having a bridge somewhere further south in the nieghbourhood would be awesome.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 1:53 PM

Edit: The TMP 2050 plan shows an "upgraded or new cycling structure" crossing the red from West to East Kildonan at: Redwood, the Senior Citizens Park and the old Bergen Cut-off rail Bridge.

There are also numerous locations throughout the city for planned structures. Just need funding.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I think it menitons in the text of the reports that location is a long term future plan. There's a few of those in there. They have no plans to build that anytime soon, maybe like you said once development gets there.
Yea the interchange at 4 mile road, plus the ones at 8E (between McGillivray and 330) and Symington are definitely long term plans dependent on how fast developments occur in those areas. They will be required once those areas are built up due to the distance to the nearest interchange. They'll be adequately spaced out. Hopefully the province forces the land developers to cough up some cash for those.

I believe the service road on the W side of Perimeter between Oak Bluff and Wilkes is now paved and complete, not sure if the accesses to Perimeter have been closed off and traffic forced to Wilkes or PTH 3. I've seen a bunch of cyclists on it who seem to have found a quiet road with fresh uncracked paving (trying to return this tangent to Everything Bicycles).

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 9:59 PM

Well, it looks like the McGillivray entrance to Fort whyte alive is closed again while to city installs "much needed" traffic lights.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan