HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jul 11, 2024, 1:58 PM

I wouldn't have ever entertained something like this in the past, but in the era of hybrid/remote work, doing this a handful of times per month in order to get to live in the mountains/forest/etc would be fully worth it. Good time to collect my thoughts and get up to speed on podcasts.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2024, 12:56 AM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
I wouldn't have ever entertained something like this in the past, but in the era of hybrid/remote work, doing this a handful of times per month in order to get to live in the mountains/forest/etc would be fully worth it.
it's always interesting how people are just sometimes fundamentally wired differently.

i love escaping to natural areas for camping trips and such, but for actual day-to-day living, like every day? no thanks.

i just spent the weekend at a big family reunion at a small lake over in SE michigan about 2 hours outside chicago, where i have a bunch of relatives who've been living on the shores of the lake going back to the late 19th century. it's in the middle of nowhere (the closest town is 2,500 people and about a 10 minute drive away), and i do love visiting it every summer, but i could never live there full time.

my relatives who live at the lake all talk about how peaceful and quiet and relaxing it is to live there, and cannot, for the life of them, understand why i chose to raise my family "in the big city".

different strokes.......

Last edited by Steely Dan; Jul 17, 2024 at 1:52 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions