HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jul 12, 2024, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmacm View Post
The dormant Grays Bay Port and Road project has been restarted, with new regulatory filings made. Construction not likely to happen until 2030. I am happy to see this project still moving, I love seeing major projects happening up north.
Nunavut will finally have a road connection to the rest of the country and a major port.
How do all these mines in the area currently ship out their products??

Old Posted Jul 13, 2024, 3:45 AM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Lupin Mine is the only one in the region to have done any substantial mining. The others are simply properties where exploration has happened over the last 60 years that could potentially be transformed into mines should the Grays Bay Port open up.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2024, 4:09 AM

I just became aware of another really important northern road project. Nunavut had started consultations earlier this year on the Kivalliq Intercommunity Road Project, a proposed all-season road from Arviat to Chesterfield Inlet, with connections to Whale Cove and Rankin Inlet, and a long spur north to Baker Lake.

This is a revival of the Nunavut portion of the older Nunavut-Manitoba All-Weather Road proposal that ended up stagnating due to lack of political interest at the time. I would very much love to see the entire thing come to fruition, but I am happy to see Nunavut taking the initiative on advancing the planning of their portion. Hopefully Manitoba can one day start looking into their portion in the near future.

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread

Old Posted Jul 14, 2024, 12:31 PM

Remember though, the federal government doesn’t fund new roads projects as Canada has enough roads .

Nunavut needs to look at building an LRT connection to those communities instead!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2024, 9:23 PM

There would be a lot of economic benefit the whole route. It would also lessen the impact of airline weather holds. Also adding a full all season road to even Churchill would be of great benefit. However there would have to be survival stations built along since the storms that come through there can be long.

The road out of Rankin to AngicoEagle is quite well used from what I am told.

Lots of resourse along that full route.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada