HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Today, 12:46 AM

Interesting neighbourhoods in Ottawa to pass through this weekend

Hope you don’t mind me posting on the Canada section as the Ontario section is pretty slow. Hope some Ottawa folks can help me out. I am leaving for Ottawa Friday morning and between Cobourg and Cornwall I’ll be taking Hwy. 2. Then when I’m in Ottawa Saturday and Sunday, between work stuff around town, I might check out the Air Museum and the War Museum. Don’t need to see any other museum or Parliament as I’ve already been or been to similar elsewhere and won’t have time. Don’t need to see any waterfalls as I’ve already been to Hoggs Back and seen plenty of waterfalls elsewhere. Though I might stop by Rideau Falls, but moreso because that area’s geography looks interesting with the river and islands and surrounding buildings and embassies. And I’ll have my fishing rod with me so who knows, maybe wet a line in the river or canal.

What I am most interested in is charming or interesting neighbourhoods. I’ll be stopping by Byward of course, because it’s great and I’ve only been once. For most neighbourhoods I won’t even be walking around because I’d need days for that on this trip, so I’ll be driving through. What other neighbhourhoods are worth passing through? Like it has a main street/high street with an interesting mix of businesses lining the street. So, not ‘hoods that are just residential, but has an interesting commercial strip. What former towns that got amalgamated have an interesting downtown main street?

The pics below show the route I’ll be taking there, stopping at all the towns along the way. Most of which I’ve never been to. Then the route back. Would like to have gone from Arnprior to Renfrew and Eganville, but that would add probably another hour and 45 minutes. Not going to stop by Peterborough and area as I’ve already seen most of that area. Again, only care about towns that have main streets as opposed to some residential settlement.

The routes below include towns that are not listed as stops on the map, but they are on the way and I’ll know to pass through the main street. So like when flar suggest Cardinal a few weeks back, I will be going through there.

Thanks for the suggestions.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada