HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 7, 2024, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt55 View Post
Overwhelmed by crime and homelessness? Not even remotely... you are clueless. Please don't respond when you are clearly uninformed. Sure, Charlotte has it's issues, but not overwhelmed.

The CMPD along with local and state officials have done an amazing job when compared to other cities with comparable size and demographics. I feel Charlotte is a rare case where both parties work toward the common good of the people and the city as a whole.
Yes I’m uninformed as I’m not familiar with the issues in your city but I feel like every major city has its issues especially after Covid. You can go to the safest city in the world somewhere in Asia and they still have issues. But anyway I’d be proud of my mayor and governor if I had them in my city/state. Vi Lyles and Roy Cooper are very talented and competent leaders something lacking in a lot states/cities

Old Posted Jul 7, 2024, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteking View Post
Yes I’m uninformed as I’m not familiar with the issues in your city but I feel like every major city has its issues especially after Covid. You can go to the safest city in the world somewhere in Asia and they still have issues. But anyway I’d be proud of my mayor and governor if I had them in my city/state. Vi Lyles and Roy Cooper are very talented and competent leaders something lacking in a lot states/cities
@vetteking... that response was not meant for you. I commented separately to you.

Quote:
Well said...
Disregard that last response I thought you were referring to me but yeah Hunt55 issues are everywhere and all the leaders can do is find a bandaid because these issues were going on for centuries.i don’t think we’ll ever solve homelessness because President Reagan end mental healthcare and closed mental institutions not saying all homeless people are mental ill (I myself am mentally ill). And crime is a direct result of survival from poverty something that is ignored because we live in a capitalist society. I hope I live to see things get better but it’s doubtful

Quote:
@vetteking... that response was not meant for you. I commented separately to you.
Oh ok just saw it sorry

Old Posted Jul 7, 2024, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Overwhelmed by crime and homelessness? Not even remotely... you are clueless. Please don't respond when you are clearly uninformed. Sure, Charlotte has it's issues, but not overwhelmed.

The CMPD along with local and state officials have done an amazing job when compared to other cities with comparable size and demographics. I feel Charlotte is a rare case where both parties work toward the common good of the people and the city as a whole.
You’re the clueless one.

Tryon St is like the Wild West. The amount of crime and homelessness for such a small city is ridiculous.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/cr...f-d5df9cd086d9

Old Posted Jul 7, 2024, 9:54 PM

Queensbridge Office Tower

Quick update - The office tower is supposed to start late 3rd Qtr this year. I heard the design (height) may increase.

Quote:
I recently saw an update on the Queensbridge residential tower and the new height will be 556'. If this holds, The Vue will remain the tallest residential tower in Charlotte at 576'.

[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2q2QJJu][/url]Untitled by Steve Hunt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2q2QJJj][/url]Untitled by Steve Hunt, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Jul 7, 2024, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiND View Post
You’re the clueless one.

Tryon St is like the Wild West. The amount of crime and homelessness for such a small city is ridiculous.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/cr...f-d5df9cd086d9
I live uptown, I walk the streets everyday. Come visit, i'll be glad to give you a tour. One of the top cities in the country that people are moving too... i guess everyone wants to experience the Wild West!

Back to the amazing development Charlotte is experiencing!

Last edited by Hunt55; Jul 7, 2024 at 10:58 PM.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2024, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I live uptown, I walk the streets everyday. Come visit, i'll be glad to give you a tour. One of the top cities in the country that people are moving too... i guess everyone wants to experience the Wild West!

Back to the amazing development Charlotte is experiencing!

This is true Charlotte is what’s popping in the South. It’s growth is only outpaced by Dallas and Houston. I also have friends who have moved there

Old Posted Jul 8, 2024, 12:16 AM

At last check South Carolina is the fastest growing state in the nation and I’ll bet a major part of that is Charlotte which straddles the NC/SC border.

We do have a crime problem.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2024, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
At last check South Carolina is the fastest growing state in the nation and I’ll bet a major part of that is Charlotte which straddles the NC/SC border.

We do have a crime problem.
Now this is I find hard to believe. South Carolina is not growing faster than Texas or even Florida for that matter. Please post an article about this I’m sorry I’m coming off rude but this is first I’ve heard about South Carolina population booming

Old Posted Jul 8, 2024, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteking View Post
Now this is I find hard to believe. South Carolina is not growing faster than Texas or even Florida for that matter. Please post an article about this I’m sorry I’m coming off rude but this is first I’ve heard about South Carolina population booming
https://www.wltx.com/article/news/lo...0-f25a93070aa5

Old Posted Jul 8, 2024, 1:30 AM

This might be a case of confusing "growth rate" with numerical increase. Texas and Florida have the biggest increases in population, but SC has the biggest YOY growth rate.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2024, 3:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
This might be a case of confusing "growth rate" with numerical increase. Texas and Florida have the biggest increases in population, but SC has the biggest YOY growth rate.
Oooh now this I can see thank you for explaining it to me The ATX

Old Posted Jul 8, 2024, 3:30 AM
Future God

Seems like so many of my parents' friends have decided to move to somewhere on the South Carolina coast, somewhere between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. I suspect that after that first hurricane rolls through they'll be looking for property in Michigan again pretty quickly. lol

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jul 8, 2024, 3:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Seems like so many of my parents' friends have decided to move to somewhere on the South Carolina coast, somewhere between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. I suspect that after that first hurricane rolls through they'll be looking for property in Michigan again pretty quickly. lol
Really well I guess it’s really a popping area then. I think any state with a beach is gonna have a population boom because older generation wanna retire near picturesque scenery. But with climate change states like Michigan and up north will have more people as the drought and rising sea levels is bound to cause more ppl to leave the south. I hope I’m wrong tho

Old Posted Jul 8, 2024, 12:57 PM

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...289697469.html

Bucking national trend, killings in Charlotte are increasing. What’s to blame?

It’s been a deadly six months in Charlotte. Sixty-one people were killed here between January and June, with most victims shot to death.
JULY 08, 2024 5:30 AM

Old Posted Jul 8, 2024, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
I never understood fear of hurricanes. But then I’m a Florida Boy.

FYI: Charleston is off the chain.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 5:10 PM

Charlotte is out of control!

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/cr...6-42e3b34ffb8a

5 killed, several others injured, in shootings across Charlotte within 48 hours

CMPD responded to multiple deadly shootings over the course of 36 hours in the Charlotte metro area.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 5:55 PM

Yeah. Charleston, Beaufort, and Horry(Myrtle) counties have been booming for over 20 years now. I went to high school in the Lowcountry during the mid-90's and outside of the peninsula all of these places are unrecognizable. The Carolina coast is an absolute magnet.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiND View Post
Charlotte is out of control!

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/cr...6-42e3b34ffb8a

5 killed, several others injured, in shootings across Charlotte within 48 hours

CMPD responded to multiple deadly shootings over the course of 36 hours in the Charlotte metro area.
does this troll just come to y'all's forum to post alarmist crime stats? seems like a ignorant suburbanite clutching their pearls while they scroll through news for a city they don't even live in.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations