HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 10:29 PM
JACKinBeantown

Can we maybe break this into two separate threads: Spurs arena / Missions stadium? Thanks.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2024, 12:03 AM
TEXAS BORN AND RAISED

Spurs' proposed San Antonio arena would cost $1.2 billion, making it NBA's second-priciest
Author: By Michael Karlis on Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 2:02 pm
Publication: San Antonio Current
Url:https://www.sacurrent.com/arts/spurs...ciest-34925290

$$$1.2 BILLION DOLLARS!!! That's a big asking price!!!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2024, 12:13 AM
James

But how much economic revenue will it drive for the city after that entertainment district has a build-out? I'm for it as long as it's done right.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:56 PM

Sounds good…

In emails last summer, Assistant City Manager Lori Houston referred to the possibility of building a new Convention Center hotel — in addition to the existing city-built, 1,003-room Grand Hyatt attached to the convention facility — and gauging the feasibility of constructing a land bridge in the area.

A year ago, Houston emailed locally based Pape-Dawson Engineers about providing several services for Project Marvel, including studying the feasibility of a land bridge, as well as moving a San Antonio Water System cooling plant and closing Bowie Street from Commerce to Market streets.

It’s unclear which sites a land bridge would connect — if such a project ever gets off the ground. Would it link the Convention Center to Hemisfair and potentially a Spurs arena? Or maybe the structure would stretch across U.S. 281 from the Alamodome to Hemisfair, which would be one small way of circumventing the asphalt divide between the East Side and downtown
.”

While on the note of a second convention center hotel, does anyone have any photos/info on a supposed Sheraton megahotel that was supposed to be built more or less where the Grand Hyatt is in the early 2000s for the Henry B? From the one tiny pic I saw it looked wide-bodied like the Hyatt but had some kind of rainbow lighting facade on the upper part. I recall finding a catalog with a number listed for it but other than that not much evidence of this tower getting past the talking stage.

Old Posted Today, 1:56 AM
TEXAS BORN AND RAISED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritofSeguin View Post

Sounds good…

In emails last summer, Assistant City Manager Lori Houston referred to the possibility of building a new Convention Center hotel — in addition to the existing city-built, 1,003-room Grand Hyatt attached to the convention facility — and gauging the feasibility of constructing a land bridge in the area.

A year ago, Houston emailed locally based Pape-Dawson Engineers about providing several services for Project Marvel, including studying the feasibility of a land bridge, as well as moving a San Antonio Water System cooling plant and closing Bowie Street from Commerce to Market streets.

It’s unclear which sites a land bridge would connect — if such a project ever gets off the ground. Would it link the Convention Center to Hemisfair and potentially a Spurs arena? Or maybe the structure would stretch across U.S. 281 from the Alamodome to Hemisfair, which would be one small way of circumventing the asphalt divide between the East Side and downtown
.”

While on the note of a second convention center hotel, does anyone have any photos/info on a supposed Sheraton megahotel that was supposed to be built more or less where the Grand Hyatt is in the early 2000s for the Henry B? From the one tiny pic I saw it looked wide-bodied like the Hyatt but had some kind of rainbow lighting facade on the upper part. I recall finding a catalog with a number listed for it but other than that not much evidence of this tower getting past the talking stage.

Let's make it happen. I honestly don't care how much it costs. Our city has been in the shadow of Austin, Dallas, and Houston for decades. No more!! Build something truly special and amazing. Spare no expense!! I want a sports and entertainment experience that every city in the world would be envious of.

Old Posted Today, 5:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegan-B-SATX View Post
Let's make it happen. I honestly don't care how much it costs. Our city has been in the shadow of Austin, Dallas, and Houston for decades. No more!! Build something truly special and amazing. Spare no expense!! I want a sports and entertainment experience that every city in the world would be envious of.
Been watching San Antonio for years, hoping momentum for development gets going! I hope this development is eye popping!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio