HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Jul 2, 2024, 8:28 PM
just a pool of mushy goo

This is like Exhibit A for the concept of subjectivism.

Probably a good time to post Milo...

Trumpism is the road to ruin

Old Posted Jul 2, 2024, 8:33 PM
你的媽媽

I also thought it was notable since the honk/beep/whistle occurred as the train was departing the station. Usually, I only hear the honking/beeping upon a train's arrival to the station. But perhaps the steam train whistle is more of a departure thing.

I don't really mind it though. It could be considered a unique LA quirk if they do decide to move forward with this new whistle.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2024, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
A nice video of testing the new cars, along with the horn/whistle! I gotta admit that whistle threw me off for a sec.

Link below:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LAMetro/com...3_car_testing/
It was a convincing whistle. I was half expecting it to make steam engine choo-choo sounds as it pulled away.

Video Link

btw, this line will have to be double-tracked and electrified at some point, which probably means no more Metrolink steam trains.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2024, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrunner View Post
It was a convincing whistle. I was half expecting it to make steam engine choo-choo sounds as it pulled away.(
Yeah, that is so old-timey that I half expected to hear the chug chug chug part too.

I think it's funny as hell.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2024, 9:43 PM

I've always enjoyed the ringing bell sound that the light rail trains make when the approach a station. The train whistle may take some getting used to, though

Old Posted Today, 11:09 AM

L.A., Long Beach Ports Invest $25 Million in Truck Charging

Los Angeles Times
July 3, 2024

Photo courtesy of the LA Times.

"The ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach will provide $25 million for an ambitious partnership with regional air quality agencies to jump-start charging infrastructure for electric heavy-duty drayage trucks in one of the nation’s most populous regions.

The $135 million in projects led by the Mobile Source Air Pollution Reduction Review Committee will install up to 207 charging units at eight sites around Southern California in Wilmington, Rancho Dominguez, Rialto, Fontana, Commerce and the Port of Long Beach. Contracting for the projects is being administered by the South Coast Air Quality Management District.

“We’re investing with our Clean Truck Fund to get both zero-emission (ZE) trucks and infrastructure on the street as quickly as possible,” said Port of Los Angeles executive director Gene Seroka. “In addition to funding charging stations, we’re partnering with the state of California to offer vouchers of up to $250,000 toward the purchase of a ZE heavy-duty truck. Every day, we’re making progress toward our goal of a zero-emission port..."

https://www.latimes.com/b2bpublishin...truck-charging

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation