HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Today, 5:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishtown View Post
I'm surprised no one has shared the top story in Inquirer today. It's confirmed John Fry will be the new president of Temple.
. As a Drexel alum I think it's a great thing for Philly as a whole.

Some cool tidbits:

"He sees the potential in Temple’s vast research enterprise to spur a “North Philadelphia innovation corridor,” running up Broad Street from Temple’s main campus to its health system campus about 1½ miles away."
I'm so happy he's bringing that area up. It's such an underutilized space I've been dying to see get built up since it's on the BSL (local and broad ridge spur), multiple regional rail lines, and even Amtrak. On the flip side, all the tracks do cut off parts of the street grid, but it's begging for more projects. There's also almost no residential from York til a few blocks before Allegheny, so it's really almost a blank slate. Lots of large lots with auto oriented businesses that can be cleared, and a handful of great old factories that are begging for renovation. Maybe he can get into talks with the stalled station redevelopment plan

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development