HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 15, 2024, 3:11 PM
你的媽媽

Old Posted Jun 25, 2024, 3:33 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpermitted_variance View Post
1523 Harrison

https://sfyimby.com/2023/04/new-rend...n-oakland.html

New render:

Old render:

Now 25 floors with 361 units; previously 20 floors with 269 units. No heights provided. This is right next door to oWoW's under construction 19-story mass timber project. Nice to see them going all in on this area, as it's a corner of downtown that has great potential but is somewhat underdeveloped. I like the new tower design; it's not stunning but it's not trying too hard to "break up the massing" and the blue accents look nice.
This one gets another height bump, now up to 28 floors, 290 ft, and up to 496 units!

As well as a new render, and of course, it's own thread.

New thread: OAKLAND | 1523 Harrison Street | 290 FT | 28 FLOORS

https://sfyimby.com/2024/06/28-story...n-oakland.html

Old Posted Jul 2, 2024, 4:07 PM
你的媽媽

Old Posted Jul 3, 2024, 4:48 PM

Love to see more density in Rockridge (I have been wanting to move there, but there are hardly any rentals). Unfortunately, this would propose to tear down some of the most interesting historic buildings in the neighborhood, which makes it hard to be a fan of the project.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2024, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpermitted_variance View Post
Love to see more density in Rockridge (I have been wanting to move there, but there are hardly any rentals). Unfortunately, this would propose to tear down some of the most interesting historic buildings in the neighborhood, which makes it hard to be a fan of the project.
Not to mention this design already looks dated and doesn't do much to compliment the oddly shaped lot.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2024, 12:28 AM
你的媽媽

These are fair criticisms, and I know everyone here wants to have original world-class designs, but Oakland, and the Bay Area in general is unfortunately so far behind in housing stock that anything is an improvement over what we currently have, which is nowhere near enough. If you let perfect get in the way of better, nothing will ever get accomplished. I say let us infill with generic towers so we at least have something before we start talking about actually having something nice.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations