HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 29, 2024, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
In most places, they're not building "major two way bike lanes on both sides". They're actually building rather narrow shared use paths (and possibly economizing too much) shared by both bike traffic and pedestrians.
Agree with you, Novacek. I think Airport is a special case with a wide ROW in that area and a large ped/bike demand during especially ACC sessions. I haven't seen that amount of red SUPs on both sides anywhere else (though I admit I'm usually sequestered up North). Worked for years in Lincoln Village/LINC a decade ago - took a couple of out-of-town friends to Kick Butt to start our day earlier this week, and they were blown away not just by the quality of the new paths, but by how many people were still using it in when it was nearly 100 degrees and ACC main session hasn't started. This kind of project doesn't work everywhere, but for Airport I'd love to see it continue at least to 35 past Koenig, and hopefully beyond.

And FWIW, that is part of the Redline Trail in that area. Might also be part of the justification for additional capacity/facilities - especially when planning for the future.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin