HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 27, 2024, 10:54 PM

I've seen a few videos from a guy on tiktok that shows his life living on one of those in Yellowknife. Interesting content.

Yesterday I was in Newmarket and Aurora.

Newmarket is one of my favourite downtowns. I had only driven through before. Walked around this time. I'm a big fan of downtowns that are small enough that you know all the ins and outs but not so small that you get bored. It's charming and it has a handful of interesting alleys or side streets. They've done a great job integrating new architecture with old.

Aurora's downtown is small. And too bad there's one spot where the business is set back from the road. And the building beside that is a cheap, ordinary thing that detracts from the rest. Anyway, Aurora is like Kleinburg. Towns with not much population, feel very suburban outside of their main streets, and if someone says to you they live there, you automatically assume they have money. I assume Frank Stronach and Magna were a big part of forging that identity with his massive chateau HQ and surrounding golf club, stable and executive mansions that are devoid of colour.

I visited my old boss in Newmarket and his daughter started out doing hair in a salon in Aurora, but she moved to Barrie a long time ago. But due to existing clientele, most with money, she is more than willing to do the longer commute.

https://www.yorkregion.com/business/...0d3059135.html

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articl...on-01658956805

Last edited by megadude; Jun 28, 2024 at 2:50 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada