HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 11:39 PM
I am the law!

0% vacancy doesn't matter when the economics to build are terrible. The province stepping up funding low interest loans to kick start developments with taxpayers footing the losses would be a bad decisions too.

The building is ugly. It's also a really bad sketch drawing. Meets the street well and It's replacing another dud. I wonder where the parking is?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 1:21 AM

image url

PEI needs a new city to compete with Charlottetown. I present to you, downtown Cornwall. Blue is mix use zoning. The darker the shade, the higher the density. Id envision the darkest shades to be like 10-20 stories, with the lightest shades being like minimum 3-4 storeys. On the far eastern side in green, there would be a agriculture/aquaculture college (affiliated with UPEI perhaps) Also have an affiliated aquarium which would be a good attraction for the island. A new high school campus would be on the western side of the development, while a middle school or elementary school & sports campus would be over near the aquarium. There would also be a new emergency district, with a new hospital and services for RCMP, Fire & Rescue. The major streets in red would connect to the existing street network farther north.

This is not really a practical proposal, just something I did for fun back in the winter. It is more just an exercise of a location where you could build essentially an entire new city to house all of the people that want to live in the province. An exercise on how you don't need to just build suburbia in the suburbs.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 9:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post

image url
This is not really a practical proposal, just something I did for fun back in the winter. It is more just an exercise of a location where you could build essentially an entire new city to house all of the people that want to live in the province. An exercise on how you don't need to just build suburbia in the suburbs.
It’s a pretty cool plan. Cornwall should be trying to find a way to have a waterfront, either along West River or across from Victoria Park. This plan here does a great job of it.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 5:38 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Moxie's is thinking of opening a restaurant in Charlottetown:

https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...nton-flagship/

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 6:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This was mentioned on CCD Canada as a PEI listing:

Quote:
WOODLEIGH CASTLES RESORT & SPA
NEW HOTEL, RESTAURANT, SPA & SWIMMING POOL
$57,930,000
That's a pretty big valuation. I presume this is the former Woodleigh Replicas up by Kensington. Does anyone know what the plans are???

Old Posted Jun 23, 2024, 6:13 PM
New Brunswick booster!

Ok. For some reason in my head I had the idea that Royalty Crossing was a dying mall. I am currently walking the halls on a Sunday and the place is packed and most store fronts are leased. Colour me embarrassed haha. Food court is getting a beautiful reno but the rest of the mall could use the same

Old Posted Jun 23, 2024, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxfordGuy View Post
Ok. For some reason in my head I had the idea that Royalty Crossing was a dying mall. I am currently walking the halls on a Sunday and the place is packed and most store fronts are leased. Colour me embarrassed haha. Food court is getting a beautiful reno but the rest of the mall could use the same
Ever since the mall was bought a couple of years ago, it’s been slowly revitalizing itself.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2024, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickle View Post
Ever since the mall was bought a couple of years ago, it’s been slowly revitalizing itself.
Tim Banks saw an opportunity and went for it. There’s a lot of housing planned for that area, so the mall is going to become more of a local hub than a regional mall. It’s great to see all the effort and investment in that property.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2024, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Ever since APM bought the mall, it's added new stores, expanded some, and they haven't stopped there. The old government building across from the mall is being transformed into a Plaza. Lots going on and more to come!!

Last edited by Siriusb; Yesterday at 6:38 PM.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2024, 12:40 AM
New Brunswick booster!

Any tenants confirmed for the new plaza? I saw all the work going on and was curious.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2024, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Any tenants confirmed for the new plaza? I saw all the work going on and was curious.
I know a guy who did some of the work in there and apparently there was talk of a Tim Hortons but take that with a grain of salt.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2024, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Not sure. They just finished adding a Pur&Simple at the back of the mall, I thought it might go in that Plaza. I'll post any plaza updates as they come.
The mall, the Winners Expansion will soon be done. Once it's done I believe the apartments will start. A large area at the back of the Mall is now available as the Spa tennis courts and swimming pool are now closed for development.
Lots happening, APM has done much more here since it was built as RioCan did nothing!

Old Posted Jun 24, 2024, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickle View Post
I know a guy who did some of the work in there and apparently there was talk of a Tim Hortons but take that with a grain of salt.
Tims is moving in with the Irving across the street. All approved !

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces